Areas/houses already raided from loot

Joris

Now it's like I'm systematically clearing house by house guaranteed to find some chips or beef jerky without any (indications for) good or bad luck in finding food supplies.

It's strange to see literally every single fridge in Muldraugh stocked with (rotten) supplies. As if all citizens became zombies at the very same moment.

I think it would be much more fun to see certain houses or streets completely looted (or completely stocked up by a raider!) and then having to turn in a different direction for getting any loot.

Now that I think of it, the actual residential areas are rather boring in the mid and late game! I much rather go for the shops and warehouses and skip most of the houses.

The virus moves fast in all the movies, the only reason zombies ever get a foothold in the plot usually.  People panic and flee their homes, leaving behind everything (including guns, apparently). The fact that all those people are zombified that you encounter supports the idea of rapid progression of the curse/virus/bacteria/satellite radiation.