Store water in bath tubs

Joris

This is a strategy the military aplies when preparing for long urban combat. They fill the bath tubs with water so they have enough for weeks even after the water goes 'down'.

It would be an easy, short action that adds a little 'smart survivor trick' to the gameplay. Wouldn't be too much work to add to the game.

I really like this idea... but lil worried it could make the game too easy? *water barrols/bathtubs and all the other things you can store water in. I'd like to think you could store the water in a bathtub but after a while you would have to boil it over a fire before you drink it. Say more than 1 month and it goes stail or dirty.

I suspect the same, because I can still use the bathroom in all other buildings than my own hideout.

But it doesn't make sense because it automatically applies to every sink in town, and (therefore) there's no animation of a filled bath tub.

I suspect the same, because I can still use the bathroom in all other buildings than my own hideout.

But it doesn't make sense because it automatically applies to every sink in town, and (therefore) there's no animation of a filled bath tub.

I always understood it as follows:

When the power goes out, power for water pumps go out too. But water will remain in the pipework of houses. That is why we can still fill a few bottles of water from any sink, bathtub or toilet, untill the pipework of the houses has run dry.

PS: My friends enjoyed in particular, the special flavoring of my toilet water soup. :-D

Can't you already do this?  I am pretty sure you can fill a bottle or two from any tub, toilet, or sink after the water shuts off.  Perhaps I am remembering incorrectly.

OP is saying you should be able to fill the bathtub with water from any bottles, etc that you are carrying.  So, for example, you could go from house to house and take all the leftover water from sinks/toilets/tubs, then bring it home and put it in your tub.

Alternatively, you could use it as a backup to rain collector barrels.  So you move the water from the barrel to the tub.

Can't you already do this?  I am pretty sure you can fill a bottle or two from any tub, toilet, or sink after the water shuts off.  Perhaps I am remembering incorrectly.

OP is saying you should be able to fill the bathtub with water from any bottles, etc that you are carrying.  So, for example, you could go from house to house and take all the leftover water from sinks/toilets/tubs, then bring it home and put it in your tub.

Alternatively, you could use it as a backup to rain collector barrels.  So you move the water from the barrel to the tub.

From the way he wrote it, I'm guessing he means filling the tub with water before the water shuts off.  He could mean it as a refillable storage device as well, I guess.

Yeah indeed Fryhizzle I am sure he meant to store water, comparing the bottle or two (like 4l of water) to the capacity of the tub (About a 100l) you can really see the use this would have in a survival situation.