Fire Extinguisher And Fire Blanket Mod

Robyrq

Fire Fighting Mod

By Robyrq
Credits to LaDestitute and Doxortho for creating the sprites

Hey guys! Before getting into details on this mod I'd like to say that this is my first mod for PZ. Before this I used to make some small mods involving LUA and Garry's Mod. So feedback on this mod is appreciated. The sprites in this mod are an attempt for a custom item, but remember that I'm a programmer and not an sprites artist. Big thanks to LaDestitude and Doxortho for retouching the sprites. This being said, let's get into the details.

Introduction
While playing PZ for a while I some how managed to set my safe house on fire (clumsiness with the stove?) and all my precious belongings in it. Due the fact I was unable to fight the fire I started to create this fire fighting mod. I noticed that there was one out the there (correct me if I'm wrong) wich used water and dirt to put out the fire (quite clever), but I missed to prevention tools wich are available in most of the houses. Both items are listed below:

The Fire Extinguisher
FireExtinguisher_zpsbdec02ba.png
Fire Blanket.
Item_fireblanket_zps6e072731.png

Features
Fire Extinguisher:
- Can put out fires
- Can be filled with water
- Can be used to drink from
- Holds up to 10 uses
- Weight without water 2.0
- Weight with water 5.0

Fire Banket
- Can be used to put out a player on fire.
- Consists of a one time use.

Both items can be found in the kitchen and/ or shed.

Screenshots

release5_zpsf770bbfe.png
Items stored in inventory

release6_zps4f58fb7e.png
Fire Extinguisher can be filled with water

release2_zps3a10d2a7.png
It then can be used to extinguish fires

release4_zps949131f6.png
If the fire extinguisher is empty, the player will be given notice

release3_zpsbcaa7a29.png
If the player is on fire you can use the fire blanket to put him out.

That's all for now
I hope you guys like this addition to the list of items. Any remarks, problems and feedback can be posted below. The modification is posted in the attached files Have a nice day.

Bugslist
- Bug 1 : Sprites are not being loaded when creating a new save/world (gets replaced by a questionmark icon)

Changelog
v1.0.0
- Initial release
v1.0.1
- Sprites retouched by LaDestitute
- Poster.png replaced.
- Items text file rewriten.
v1.0.2
- Fixed Bug 1 (Sprites loading)
- Updated screenshots with new sprites
v1.0.3
- Fire Extinguisher sprite retouched by Doxortho
- Updated Poster.png with new icon

Need Permission?
Feel free to let me know about your project.
I'd like to hear what your working on.
MODS_02.png

FireFighting.zip

I tested out the mod and noticed how the icons were missing in-game, replaced by a blue circle with a "?" on it. Fixed that for ya, and also retouched your sprites to make them look better.

Here's how they look:

RetouchedGraphics.png

Thanks for the new icons, they really look a lot better than the ones I made.

But as I said:

The sprites in this mod are an attempt for a custom item, but remember that I'm a programmer and not an sprites artist.

As for the icons being replaced by a blue circle, this occurs the first time (when you create a new save). It seems like the png's are not loaded on creating a new world. When you join the world a second time all icons are there. This still happens even with your modification (correct me if I'm wrong). Could you try creating a new world and see if this also happens to be the problem for you?

I managed to fix the issue. After going through the scripts I noticed that the function that loads the textures was never implemented (forgot about it I guess  :blush:). Thanks for reporting the issue though.

• 3 weeks later...

FireExtinguisher_zpsbdec02ba.png

Made you an improved fire extinguisher sprite.

This looks really good.

I think this icon suits the mod better because it looks a bit more detailed and vintage.

Most vanila icons are that way I guess.

I've been looking into your work at photobucket and I must say all icons look really good.

Keep up the good work.

Right now I've updated the mod with your icon for the fire extinguisher.

In return I've placed your name in the credits of the mod.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I noticed in one of the screenshots it says "light on fire". Does this mod add the ability to create fires as well as put them out?

I'll to disappoint you.

At the time this was only used for testing the mod (or it was just an action on the oven :D ).

So it's not included in the release.

Sorry for that

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm, I really want to use this mod, but I'm not sure that we can fill a fire extinguisher with only a bottle of water, you need a lot of stuff and skill (and maybe some chemicals).

It could be more realistik to convert your extinguisher in a consumable item which produce an useless junk.

With that the item will become more precious and play with molotov still harmfull.

And with the .32 build, you can also ad an enginering book to learn a recipe like : Gaz bottle, water, Extinguisher(empty) > Extinguisher(full) ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, I really want to use this mod, but I'm not sure that we can fill a fire extinguisher with only a bottle of water, you need a lot of stuff and skill (and maybe some chemicals).

Really like this mod too. There are simple air pressurized water fire extinguishers. All you'd need is a pump + water + empty container. You could add a bike tire-pump item or have an interactable fixed one at gas stations.