Broken Windows

Kylian

Hey folks! I've been playing around with TileZed the past couple of days, and I've been able to figure everything out so far using tutorials and great answers already given here; So thanks for that beforehand. ...But this time, after several hours I'm still stumped.

I've got a couple of buildings setup on my map, and I am able to play them ingame... However, ingame I do find out that all buildings are accessible without breaking/forcing open any windows or doors; How do I go about locking specific (or any/all, for that matter) buildings?

The second problem I am encountering is that the game is not 'recognizing' the broken windows I put in. I figured the broken-window-tile itself would have a property to it that'd make the game recognize it as open/broken, as sheet ropes for instance have instantly worked for me.The windows look perfect (and by that I mean smashed), but they behave like normal (unbroken) windows, giving quite an odd effect... 

28jffwp.png

And smashing said window does even more interesting things;

2lvk7lk.png

I hope some of you can share some insights with me! Thanks again :).

Edit:

Okay, I did figure out why my buildings are unlocked, as many of the 'front doors' are connected to 'porch'-rooms, which I use to model the space in front of the building, thus making it doors from one room to another... Any way to mark those rooms as 'outside', or do I need to figure out and redo the bits in front of the building in Tiled?

Edit2:

Alright, figured the 'locked' thing out; There was no need to make rooms at all for the outside, using the Tile view instead of the Iso view. No clue why I figured it needed rooms in the first place. Anyways, I'm slowly figuring this out... Would like some help on getting broken windows to work though ;).