Horde Migration.

Swallagoon

Invader Jim it's worth mentioning that most of the year in Kentucky (read: all but a few days) it's impossible to freeze to death as long as you're still breathing. It doesn't get all that cold there, and they average less than a foot of snow a year. Now, if you're wet and cold, that's something else.

You're saying this as if this game won't have that lol. The NPC's aren't even in yet. The game is only half finished, and even then it's still this good...

The fact is, you're essentially playing a half done game at this present time, so complaining about no randomness is in essence pointless. There is a reason the game is still in "alpha," it's not because the game is bad or anything, which for some reason alpha games still have that stigma, it's simply that the CORE of the game isn't even in yet.

[Truncated by Tosayu to show part I am responding to]

I am saying this "as if it is alpha" because I know that devs usually appreciate feedback during the development stage of the game.

I have said over and over again that I love the game.  Without any further updates it is worth the ridiculously low price for a  game that is better then most AAA titles. It is my favorite game. It is a good game. 

Part of releasing in alpha is hearing feedback because it might impact development for the better.  Otherwise why put it in alpha at all? 

You are right tho. We have no idea what the new AI system will be or if it will even be applied to zombies.  We don't have a clear idea of where they want to take random events (like hordes or spawning). Since we don't know their plans, it is appropriate to point out areas we think could use work.  It may be a moot point.  If so it will look like a really good response time from the devs!

I do know this: I trust the devs. I am impressed with them and the game and recommend it now as-is.  I am certainly excited to see what they have been working on under the hood.

Invader Jim it's worth mentioning that most of the year in Kentucky (read: all but a few days) it's impossible to freeze to death as long as you're still breathing. It doesn't get all that cold there, and they average less than a foot of snow a year. Now, if you're wet and cold, that's something else.

If you are dressed well and have shelter and adequate food and water then I do agree that freezing to death would be very unlikely.  But if you were lacking and/or were sick it would be more likely.

As far as I know and understand the concept

NPCs = gonna replace current gunshots etc random scripts which guide nearby zombies

Zombie migration = zombies moving to the map from border regions, "replacing" destroyed ones, and preferably moving into cities in hordes

In general, I hoped lots of bodies would attract zombies, making your safehouse the last place where you would like to fight them thanks to moving hordes. Oh how I'm waiting for more zombie threat... It's far too easy now. It isnt really a battle against elements either yet as you cant really die from cold or heat... (maybe erosion mod gives us real winter and four seasons in general)

As far as I know and understand the concept

NPCs = gonna replace current gunshots etc random scripts which guide nearby zombies

Zombie migration = zombies moving to the map from border regions, "replacing" destroyed ones, and preferably moving into cities in hordes

In general, I hoped lots of bodies would attract zombies, making your safehouse the last place you where would like to fight them thanks to moving hordes. Oh how I'm waiting for more zombie threat... It's far too easy now. It isnt really a battle against elements either yet as you cant really die from cold or heat... (maybe erosion mod gives us real winter and four seasons in general)

yeah the zombie migration and the lack of sleeping system in mp holds me back to play again... i hope they push those 2 things out fast... For the difficulty i would recommend something hard like "dont starve" which feels really really good when you survive your first winter....

yeah the zombie migration and the lack of sleeping system in mp holds me back to play again... i hope they push those 2 things out fast... For the difficulty i would recommend something hard like "dont starve" which feels really really good when you survive your first winter....

I have been playing Don't Starve recently.  Winter is brutal. 

I have been playing Don't Starve recently.  Winter is brutal. 

Oh shit yeah. And if you're unlucky enough to set up near penguins, the MacTusk camp, or anywhere near the Deerclops' route...

it's impossible to freeze to death as long as you're still breathing.

Wait.  Pretty sure they taught us in EMT school that breathing is a really important part of being alive.  So if you're not breathing, you're dead.  If you're already dead, how can you die by freezing to death?

it's impossible to freeze to death as long as you're still breathing.

Wait.  Pretty sure they taught us in EMT school that breathing is a really important part of being alive.  So if you're not breathing, you're dead.  If you're already dead, how can you die by freezing to death?

Exxxxactly. In Kentucky the average low barely dips below freezing at all, even in the middle of winter. As long as you're dry and taking any measures of self preservation, the cold won't kill you.

Still looking forward to slowly starving to death in my elevated fortress with the sea of undead writhing below...

But, yeah. Have faith in the devs. they've never steered us wrong before :D

To prevent starving to death in that situation you have to empty a gravel bag and fill it with dirt. Then dump the dirt on the wood and then you will be able to farm. *NOTE* I've never tried this but I saw another user say this works.

• 4 weeks later...