Super Easy OS X Server Hosting

Rathlord

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've gotten this far when I first ran the .command file from my downloads folder:

RakNet.Startup() return code: 0 (0 means success)

*** SERVER STARTED ****

server is listening on port 16261

That's promising right?  I think all the computer geniuses are on PC but we Mac users appreciate your help with this issue.  If you are till working on this, I'd love to get a server going on my mac.  running on Yosemite 10.10.2 

still no console or anything to work with and I'm not quite sure what to do next to get 'er going, set server settings or any of that

I've gotten this far when I first ran the .command file from my downloads folder:

RakNet.Startup() return code: 0 (0 means success)

*** SERVER STARTED ****

server is listening on port 16261

That's promising right?  I think all the computer geniuses are on PC but we Mac users appreciate your help with this issue.  If you are till working on this, I'd love to get a server going on my mac.  running on Yosemite 10.10.2 

still no console or anything to work with and I'm not quite sure what to do next to get 'er going, set server settings or any of that

As far as I know that should mean the server is running.

Everything else from there is the same steps as Windows, but your Zomboid folder is located in Macintosh HD/Users/YourUserName/Zomboid instead of the C:/ Drive. So just following the normal steps from the Windows/generic "how to run a server" guide should get you where you need to be. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To shorten the script, the

cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/ProjectZomboid/Project\ Zomboid.app/Contents/Java

can be changed to 

cd "${0%/*}"

which changes to the directory containing the script. Valve uses it in their Steam launch script and I found it to be quite handy.

That's a cool bit of code I've never seen, thanks for the tip valrix. I might leave it as is just in case people want to drag the script onto the desktop (people who don't make shortcuts) so it won't break then, though. Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

I get this:

s-MacBook-Pro:~ James-----$ /Users/James------/Downloads/OSX_Server_Script-3.command ; exit;

YOU WILL NEED JAVA DEVELOPMENT KIT TO RUN THE SERVER. DOWNLOAD IT HERE: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk7-downloads-1880260.html (Make sure to accept the license agreement please!)

Thanks for playing PZ! This script brought to you by Rathlord!

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: zombie/network/GameServer : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:637)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:621)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)

logout

[Process completed]

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anything should be fine as long as it has PZ installed.

Should be noted that if you actually want people to play on it you'll still have to port forward and such, but you won't have to much around with game files anymore.

Hello!

I am a OSX user and I absolutely love playing PZ. I'm trying to create a server for 2 people to play on only and I'm having a bit of trouble accomplishing that. So far I have downloaded the OSX_Server_Script.command and understand that I need to port forward for this to completely work. I'm not exactly sure how to do that and would LOVE some help! If you could walk me through that process I would be ever so grateful (:

• 2 weeks later...

http://vk.com/video97003368_171330687 this is my video about creating hamachi server (MAC OS )

Anything should be fine as long as it has PZ installed.

Should be noted that if you actually want people to play on it you'll still have to port forward and such, but you won't have to much around with game files anymore.

Hello!

I am a OSX user and I absolutely love playing PZ. I'm trying to create a server for 2 people to play on only and I'm having a bit of trouble accomplishing that. So far I have downloaded the OSX_Server_Script.command and understand that I need to port forward for this to completely work. I'm not exactly sure how to do that and would LOVE some help! If you could walk me through that process I would be ever so grateful (:

Can't seem to even find the server... :(

I get this:

s-MacBook-Pro:~ James-----$ /Users/James------/Downloads/OSX_Server_Script-3.command ; exit;

YOU WILL NEED JAVA DEVELOPMENT KIT TO RUN THE SERVER. DOWNLOAD IT HERE: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk7-downloads-1880260.html (Make sure to accept the license agreement please!)

Thanks for playing PZ! This script brought to you by Rathlord!

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: zombie/network/GameServer : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:637)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:621)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)

logout

[Process completed]

read my message ^^^^^^^^^^^^

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...