NPC kids

wizardjian

Seeing now the PZ people are planing to bring PZ as a complete game with NPCs, cars and such, I was wonder are the NPCs going to have age. I'm not sure if this have been asked before, but I really think there should be NPCs who are too young to protect themselves. It woud be interesting to have another reason for staying alive besides just staying alive. It might be just me, but having something besides staying live like keeping a child alive always makes me feel more invested.

So do anyone else feel this way?

Kids are on the nope, not gonna happen list of the dev team. So, the only way that si going to be added is via mods modding it in.

And that's why I love modders. Adding the stuff the devs can't due to such things being PR suicide.

While some stuff may be for that, a few things that are the list are more the sake of their own sanity (If I remember correctly). See Sex/Rape.

Some stuff, you just don't want to program. :P

Kids are on the nope, not gonna happen list of the dev team. So, the only way that si going to be added is via mods modding it in.

And that's why I love modders. Adding the stuff the devs can't due to such things being PR suicide.

While some stuff may be for that, a few things that are the list are more the sake of their own sanity (If I remember correctly). See Sex/Rape.

Some stuff, you just don't want to program. :P

That is also a good point. I can imagine some people couldn't handle doing the modeling for a child having their skull caved in with a frying pan.

I can understand the devs won't tackle such a thing, but i also think it's pretty sad they literally can't do it without consequences for them.

I feel like games were allowed to do more and more authentic things back in the days.

Fallout 1 for example allowed you to kill a child. The game wouldn't just make it impossible but it instead reacted to your evil doing by giving you the trait "childkiller" which meant also that many of the Npcs would now despise you.

On the other hand Fallout 1 was strictly 18+ if i remember correct.

there will always be a consequence for any action taken. the Devs have chosen not to have certain things in the game for their own reasons, and i applaud the choices they have made. it is not always a matter of what is allowed and what is not allowed, many times it's a matter of personal choice.

they (the Devs) are the ones who will look back on their work and decide if they are ok with it or if it was a major mistake to include certain things. if they don't want children in the vanilla game, then that is THEIR choice, and no one else's. 

too many people want to come in here and try to make a big deal out of it. as has been said many times before, if YOU want them in the game, learn how to add them as mods. that is the only way you will see children in the game.

there will always be a consequence for any action taken. the Devs have chosen not to have certain things in the game for their own reasons, and i applaud the choices they have made. it is not always a matter of what is allowed and what is not allowed, many times it's a matter of personal choice.

they (the Devs) are the ones who will look back on their work and decide if they are ok with it or if it was a major mistake to include certain things. if they don't want children in the vanilla game, then that is THEIR choice, and no one else's. 

too many people want to come in here and try to make a big deal out of it. as has been said many times before, if YOU want them in the game, learn how to add them as mods. that is the only way you will see children in the game.

You are totally right. I just wanted to say my opinion in general. I don't think this game needs NPCs kids to be a great game.

What i maybe just wanted to say that it pisses me off, that movies have certain rights as a art form that computer games don't have.

In games they will always nail you down to: You are controlling the game, so everything bad comes directly from you and should be forbidden. While movie watcher can just say: Oh, I'm just watching it, i totally can't be blamed.

On the forum of the upcoming game "Kingdom Come: Delieverance" this has been discussed intensively and many people argue that killing children should be possible, even if it is a clear no from the developers.

I've got the feeling, the more graphically advanced a game is, the more people want to see gore or cruelity. Just look at Skyrim or CoD. Feel free to think for yourself what that means.

That is also a good point. I can imagine some people couldn't handle doing the modeling for a child having their skull caved in with a frying pan.

I'd worry about who could handle doing that.

I dunno, sounds like fun. Then again I used to play Fallout 1-2 precisely so I could split children in half with laser guns.