Money to burn

tosayu

Money could also be used with NPCs maybe? Even after the break down of the economy there still would be people trying to get money. You could possibly buy stuff off of certain NPCs.

I agree, there could be some people who are planning to leave the place, (but never be able to), so they accept money so they can use it in the civilized world, in exchange for items

Money could also be used with NPCs maybe? Even after the break down of the economy there still would be people trying to get money. You could possibly buy stuff off of certain NPCs.

I agree, there could be some people who are planning to leave the place, (but never be able to), so they accept money so they can use it in the civilized world, in exchange for items

I am glad that money is generating so much discussion. I actually don't like the idea of trading at all with money. I think it would morph the game in a direction that would spoil the mood.

I think money's purpose in the game should be to highlight the desperation and breakdown of society. Use it for fuel. Make it otherwise worthless.  Maybe...just MAYBE let an npc use it for trading, not because it is worth anything but because the NPC is crazy and not accepting reality.

I think money should be used for achievements, kindling, mood, and possibly a motivator for a crazy npc.  Trading...not so much. Just my 2 cents.

I am glad that money is generating so much discussion. I actually don't like the idea of trading at all with money. I think it would morph the game in a direction that would spoil the mood.

I think money's purpose in the game should be to highlight the desperation and breakdown of society. Use it for fuel. Make it otherwise worthless.  Maybe...just MAYBE let an npc use it for trading, not because it is worth anything but because the NPC is crazy and not accepting reality.

I think money should be used for achievements, kindling, mood, and possibly a motivator for a crazy npc.  Trading...not so much. Just my 2 cents.

Any trading should be infrequent and minimal. Like you said, have it be some loon or weirdo who refuses to accept the idea of societal collapse. And don't let him sell you a shotgun or something stupid like that, have it be small. A can of beans, a box of cereal, possibly a worthless item that used to be valuable (I.E. jewelry), etc. Just something that you can take to make you last a tad bit longer, or something that's total junk.

Any trading should be infrequent and minimal. Like you said, have it be some loon or weirdo who refuses to accept the idea of societal collapse. And don't let him sell you a shotgun or something stupid like that, have it be small. A can of beans, a box of cereal, possibly a worthless item that used to be valuable (I.E. jewelry), etc. Just something that you can take to make you last a tad bit longer, or something that's total junk.

Why would you buy junk? just to give money? Karma is never going to be implemented

Thats my point about trading, it would be extremely rare, and only happen with crazy NPCs, but it would be quite a token to keep, just keep collecting it, and you could become a millionaire! not that its much worth in a zombie apocalypse anyway...

This makes me think of a line from World War Z:

"In the cab there was a very wealthy investment banker from Xi’an. He’d made a lot of money buying up American credit card debt. He had enough to pay for his entire extended family. The man’s Armani suit was rumpled and torn. There were scratch marks down the side of his face, and his eyes had that frantic fire I was starting to see more of every day. The driver’s eyes had a different look, the same one as me, the look that maybe money wasn’t going to be much good for much longer. I slipped the man an extra fifty and wished him luck. That was all I could do."

Why would you buy junk? just to give money? Karma is never going to be implemented

That... Isn't what I was getting at. Yes, some NPCs would sell junk, and if you buy it you might get on their good side and they would be willing to sell tidbits of food. Or they'll give you the necklace or whatever they sold you and tell you to fuck off. And like I said, not all NPCs would sell useless junk. Some of them may sell, like I said, cans of beans, or maybe a box of cereal. It all would depend on what they have, and their personality. Not everyone would sell junk, and not everyone is going to sell food or a can of gas.

That... Isn't what I was getting at. Yes, some NPCs would sell junk, and if you buy it you might get on their good side and they would be willing to sell tidbits of food. Or they'll give you the necklace or whatever they sold you and tell you to fuck off. And like I said, not all NPCs would sell useless junk. Some of them may sell, like I said, cans of beans, or maybe a box of cereal. It all would depend on what they have, and their personality. Not everyone would sell junk, and not everyone is going to sell food or a can of gas.

Ah, I get it now