examine player option.

Borrowing from the game Urban dead.. I think it would be cool to be able to examine players and be given a back story/description that said players created for themselves.

The examine feature could also give valueable information. What items they have equipped, what moodles are affecting them, how much they are weighed down.

NPCs, could have genericly created descriptions and real players could have that function to if devs still plan on making it possible for players to hide among NPCs.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this myself, but I'm kinda iffy on whether or not it should contain information that a person couldn't glean at a glance. Seems like sometimes it would be more immersive to actually get told a character's backstory than to know it by looking at them. Just my 2¢!

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this myself, but I'm kinda iffy on whether or not it should contain information that a person couldn't glean at a glance. Seems like sometimes it would be more immersive to actually get told a character's backstory than to know it by looking at them. Just my 2¢!

I agree with you on that note.  You really wouldn't know more than the person would be willing to tell you.  I think part of the tension is running into someone whom you know nothing about.  At very least you shouldn't know their moodles or health status at a glance, that is definitely part of the tension and worry about meeting someone.

e.g. - You run into someone you don't know, you start to think:

1. Is this person hostile? (besides being PVP flagged, you never know if it is a bandit in disguise)

2. Is this person sick or (if added) insane?

3. Has this person been bit? Are they infected?

If you didn't know these things from the get go, you would have to be wary about who you team up with or let into your safehouse.

Perhaps slight health indicators would be cool (like how coughing is now), so like if someone was in pain maybe they occasionally moan or grunt, and if they are losing their minds, maybe they occasionally mumble or something of that nature.  When you think of PVP, all these things would make it hard to know who to trust.  "Did the guy I just let into my safehouse just die and reanimate in my bathroom?"

All the things I listed could be arguably visible by looking at the person. The examine feature would only make it a a written description instead of a physically visible one. 

I think its important to know if someone has a gun equipped and could kill you at any moment. 

The reality is other players are either going to kill/rob you or they are not. Very few players are going to be infected and try to pull some weird murder by zombifcation deal. If someone is infected I don't really see why they wouldn't tell you. 

All the things I listed could be arguably visible by looking at the person. The examine feature would only make it a a written description instead of a physically visible one. 

I think its important to know if someone has a gun equipped and could kill you at any moment. 

The reality is other players are either going to kill/rob you or they are not. Very few players are going to be infected and try to pull some weird murder by zombifcation deal. If someone is infected I don't really see why they wouldn't tell you. 

Well, especially if you have the hypochondriac trait, you could have no idea whether you're actually infected or not. Then there's always the people (like myself) who want to hold on as long as they can. Then there's RP'ers, with a selection of a hundred good reasons to keep playing when infected, and even act like they're not.

The reality is, you've got to be aware of the whole playerbase (and how they play Project Zomboid) and keep in mind that just because you or your one group doesn't do something, doesn't mean we all won't.

You will either see the gun at their side, or when they are pointing it and shooting at you.  A backstory should not be a tag that pops up, it should be typed in chat from one survivor to another.  You cannot see if someone is sick visibly, and it should remain that way.  I know on Urbandead there are folks called 'death cultists' who's entire game is screwing with people in the way you think they wouldn't (become infected, get inside a safe house, turn into a zombie and kill)

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to shoot you down, I just believe personally that the less you know, the more realistic it would be.  It is all about the risk is the point I'm trying to make, and having no info to go on is the risk you take when encountering strangers.

If there's exterior wounds visible outside of clothing, I wouldn't mind that being visible in a way like this, though.

I agree 100%, serious wounds should show visibly on the character. Bites and scratches could be concealed by clothing initially, but eventually bleed though. I would rather have than then a popup text telling me that info.  It forces you to examine the player closely.  Can you imagine seeing checkpoints at strongholds on large servers?  That would be awesome.  Of course this could all be me just hoping and wishing, and not be sensible at all.