Make it so we "magically" vanish and hide in plain site

kinyoshi

SO?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Please vote on this...

So the trash can hiding and hidey hole posts got me thinking of an awesome and realistic magic trick we could do in-game.

A Body Bag!!

This body bag would be carried by a survivor and folded up stored neatly in a backpack or something similar. When the survivor comes across a herd of zombies and is spotted, they can get a head start around a corner somewhere and pull out their body bag and unfold it, hop inside and zip it up.

Then all they have to do is lay perfectly still and all of the zombies will go stumbling by because the bag would fool their senses by blocking their vision of you because you are now inside a body bag, they wouldn't not be able to hear you because you are not moving and laying still inside the body bag and they will not be able to smell you, because the body bag is made out of materials that block decomposing odors, so they would be able to block out the smell of a live human.

You would have course have to wait until the herd passes, then climb out, and fold it back up into your inventory, leaving it unzipped so you can just jump in again next time.

Though if zombies spot you jumping inside of it, they will still attack you and rip the bag apart and eat you.

Edited by kinyoshi

So, I can't tell if you're just taking the piss or not.

If you're serious... well, I voted Nay.

If you're just joking around, amusing enough, sure. I can just imagine what's going through a zombie's empty brain -

Fresh meat, chase it! Gone round corner, follow it. Whaaa.... that black bag is twitching oddly. Oh well, off to find more meat.

If you're just joking around, amusing enough, sure. I can just imagine what's going through a zombie's empty brain -

Fresh meat, chase it! Gone round corner, follow it. Whaaa.... that black bag is twitching oddly. Oh well, off to find more meat.

I'm quite serious.

I'm quite serious.

Oh.

Then I stick by my vote.

Next time I see someone get a bag out of their pack, unfold it, climb inside, zip it up and act 'dead' in a short timespan, I'll change my mind. But til then...

o.o

Well when I first read the title I had the exact same reaction as Realmkeeper.

I'm gonna vote nay. Even if it was implemented I would never use it. If I wanna hide I climb into a house and close the curtains. It works very well and on the off chance it doesn't work, I still have plenty of escape options up my sleeve and room to move.

If your discovered in a body bag, how you gonna escape from that? Zombies hunt by sight too.

o.o

Well when I first read the title I had the exact same reaction as Realmkeeper.

I'm gonna vote nay. Even if it was implemented I would never use it. If I wanna hide I climb into a house and close the curtains. It works very well and on the off chance it doesn't work, I still have plenty of escape options up my sleeve and room to move.

If your discovered in a body bag, how you gonna escape from that? Zombies hunt by sight too.

Then you get eaten.

I'm quite serious.

Oh.

Then I stick by my vote.

Next time I see someone get a bag out of their pack, unfold it, climb inside, zip it up and act 'dead' in a short timespan, I'll change my mind. But til then...

Got three out of five :D

Edited by kinyoshi

one thing zombies can "smell" you sometimes they dont need to see you maybe in the dumpster they couldn't smell you because of the trash but this no

Pretty much this

Doubt the Zombies - who aren't thinking but instead seem to rely on instinct - whould be like "Oh dat's a body bad...dey already dead. Do not want *shuffle along*"

one thing zombies can "smell" you sometimes they dont need to see you maybe in the dumpster they couldn't smell you because of the trash but this no

Pretty much this

Doubt the Zombies - who aren't thinking but instead seem to rely on instinct - whould be like "Oh dat's a body bad...dey already dead. Do not want *shuffle along*"

Soo, is this a no from ? I can't tell.. it sounds like a yes..

Sounds like Major Payne..

Pretty much this

Soo, is this a no from ? I can't tell.. it sounds like a yes..

Not sure what on it sounds like a yes. I agree with the post I quoted.

It's a No. It doesn't fit the lore, in my opinion. Even in bags, bodies would still smell.

TIS has their own lore, so maybe? I wouldn't want it, though.

Spray glasex of Loda on the bag and all smells will vanish!

Though the way I see this idea is basicly you add it to the game to have another feature but it doesn't really enrich the gameplay.

Well worded.

That's exactly what it seems like, adding a feature to the game that doesn't enrich the gameplay (in a positive manner) in any way at all.

From a programmers perspective, it's a bit like all the item mods we are beginning to see around - adding in more items that have a similar or identical role to existing items, just to add to the 'variety' of things you find around you. Cool for realism, pointless for added functionality, and detrimental to program run speed.

• 4 months later...

Can you even close or open a bag from the inside?

You know zombies hunt with temperature. this would not work.

Zombies are not equipped with thermal optics.

But... what about the ones that are? They've learned to associate the smell of human flesh with the heat signature picked up on the goggles. Whenever they picked up a heat signature, especially a moving one, their instincts would kick in. They would effectively become heat seeking zombies. That's too cray ham to even think about.

So there's one glaring issue among many with this idea that I'm surprised nobody has brought up yet...

Even if you could breathe from within the plastic bag (which would cause the bag to move and make zombies interested) and even if the zombies completely ignored it because of reasons, how exactly would the survivor have any idea that the horde has moved on? Or isn't coming for him while he turns himself into a sausage in a plastic casing? 

Your post seems to make a lot of assumptions, like a living breathing human being completely undetectable in a garbage bag fashioned with a zipper if they just "lie really still" and that the survivor will be able to somehow know that the horde has moved on despite having zero vision.

Literally any course of action you could take would be better than this one. An entire horde spotting you and chasing you down would havefer better survival odds. What if a zombie bumps into the bag or trips over it? What if you ran out of air in the bag? Not to mention, the sheer humidity and heat that would be caused by breathing and being alive in a sealed bag would make a survivor very uncomfortable. Good luck remaining perfectly still when your ass-crack starts sweating and you start to feel light-headed as your brain receives less oxygen.

it wouldnt work properly, body bags only have a zipper on the outside.

you wouldnt be able to zip it up fully because your arm would have to be outside the bag to pull the zipper up, and even if you could get it zipped up fully, you would have just trapped yourself.