The Outpost [PvP/PvE][Softcore-RP][Events][Trade][Whitelist][US-East][Active Admin]

Deadend

I'm new to PZ, and I was wondering if I could participate in this server. Currently looking for a server that doesn't lag as much, or has madmins like the other public US servers I've had the opportunity to join.

I'm new to PZ, and I was wondering if I could participate in this server. Currently looking for a server that doesn't lag as much, or has madmins like the other public US servers I've had the opportunity to join.

as of yet, this server is a WIP, or more of a plan than a real thing just yet! But don't go far, it should be here soon ;)

• 2 weeks later...

After it turn out that the guy who would host this server wasn't able to I took matters into my own hands. i'm working on turning an old PC into a dedicated server at times during my free time. If it all works out I might be hosting this server soon. We'll see, I'll keep anyone that is still interested posted.

7-25-2014- NOTICE: this server will be whitelisted once released. If you're interested, you can reserve a spot by sending me a private message with an username and password. I'll be posting any usernames I get on here so people know what's already taken. The guideline for picking your username is very simple: only full first and last names (e.g. Jason Booney, doesn't have to be your real name ofc), nicknames (e.g. lil J), or roleplay based professions (i.e. Lone Survivor/ Farmer). No numbers or symbols (e.g. punctuation, underscore, slash...etc.).

After it turn out that the guy who would host this server wasn't able to I took matters into my own hands. i'm working on turning an old PC into a dedicated server at times during my free time. If it all works out I might be hosting this server soon. We'll see, I'll keep anyone that is still interested posted.

- 8-2-2014 - UPDATE!:

Well, SERVER IS LIVE! ... server box I mean, ahem, not the PZ server xD. So basically what that means is that after much tinkering and browsing forums and articles and the oh so beautiful google search engine I set up a dedicated server box. I've tested a PZ server on it, works fine, connections works fine (had others log in). It's on a pure raw power Linux distro OS with basically nothing else running on it (or at least nothing that would cut into RAM or broadband) and a direct link to modem (well, it goes through a switch to modem. But that's much better than running a server off a router that also happens to give off wireless signal). RAM is bit limited, I'm projecting 7 or so stable slots (not the greatest, I know). And that's something I'm likel to upgrade soon to ramp it to 14-19 slots. Specially if people seem to like the server.

Technicalities aside, there is a 99% chance that this server idea/concept will turn into an actual server. The only reason is not open to the public yet is because I'm still running a few tests, have to set up a few more things, and because build 28 seems like its to be released soon. So this server is most likely to be released after build 28 is released.

I've already received several whitelist reservations. I'm glad to see people are interested in being part of this; keep em coming! :D

Lastly, like I've told those who have contacted me for whitelist reservations, there will be some changes to the overall concept. Most specifically to the area of mission-driven events. Can't tell you much right now (all the details are being held until the server is released). But you can expect the changes to make this server a tad more Roleplay based (you're expected to keep conversations related to the game/gameworld), and more emphasized on factions/gangs/buddying-up. But storyline, game settings, PvP/PvE still holds.

Stay tuned :D. I recommend that anyone that is looking forward to this server, especially those who have contacted me for reservations to follow this post for further updates.

I personally wouldn't mind joining. I've currently been searching for an RP related game/server either for DayZ or for Project Zomboid.
Whichever provided with the best experience, would possibly be the one I stick to.

Count me in, and let me know when the launch is and so on.
I live in GMT +1(2, due to summer time.)

I've also send a PM to you DeadEnd, in case you haven't caught it yet.

Note:
I'm a very passionate person, when it comes to writing stories. So I can definitely make that happen if it needs to be done. 

Kind Regards

Revixy.

I personally wouldn't mind joining. I've currently been searching for an RP related game/server either for DayZ or for Project Zomboid.

Whichever provided with the best experience, would possibly be the one I stick to.

Note:

I'm a very passionate person, when it comes to writing stories. So I can definitely make that happen if it needs to be done. 

Kind Regards

Revixy.

good. If you get hooked and want to help with story writing (which will be updated as the server progresses, taking in-game characters and events) I have np with that :D

Note:

Kind Regards

Revixy.

good. If you get hooked and want to help with story writing (which will be updated as the server progresses, taking in-game characters and events) I have np with that :D

Very well then, we have a deal. :)

Give me a shout whenever stuff is running.

And I'll do my part. ;)

If you want a sample of anything I've done in the past, or just a fresh zombie related page.

Then feel free to ask, I can send it within an hours notice.

Kind Regards

- Revixy.

UPDATE:

server is good to go. Got through all the technical hurdles. Time to test how well it can handle a load of several players. So I'll be either making a new forum thread/post or editing this one to implement my new changes. It'll be running on IWBUMS build 28, hopefully it'll be an easy transition from IWBUMS to official build once its released. If a map restart is needed I'll give time for anyone to get all their goodies on them before a wipe. See you then.

ETA: this upcoming weekend :D

Could I get in on this server please? Been looking for a build 28 server for a little while. Every public server is pretty much 100% looted or completely dead, with very little, if any, loot respawn.

Thank you !

Send me a pm with username and password reservation ;)