Arma3 Mod "Breaking Point"

Walther

So, I've never been a big fan of Arma in general... the modding capabilities and options to choose from were always great though. DayZ finally pulled me in and I played the mod a lot. I also own the DayZ Standalone but it lacks content and options for me, since I was more the "stay in the woods", hunt and survive in a small wolf-pack kinda guy.

on the weekend I tried a Arma3 mod I did not know about... "Breaking Point".

It feels great to run on an island you don't know, it feels like DayZ again in the beginning. all is new, all is fresh (at least for me). I have no idea about altis, and the controls and gaming feels better and more fluent like DayZ, Arma3 sure improved over Arma2.

There are several classes to choose from before you spawn, each having their own goals and things to do that give you XP. you can level up and get benefits or items in return.

It kind of feels like an Stalker MMO for me. At the moment, I prefer it over the DayZ Standalone.

Anyways, was wondering if you guys heard of the mod or even tried it... other nice Arma3 mods or experiences are welcome! This might even turn me around on Arma3. Never really liked the vanilla arma3

Battle Royale is also another pretty good mod, if you have the friends to play it with. Otherwise it can be a bit stale.

I'm bit of an Arma purist, I liked it vanilla and don't particularly warm feelings towards DayZ due to what happened to a previous community I was part of. Not to mention the server browser for Arma 2 is just full of DayZ servers now. Base Arma 2/3 if you're into it I enjoy the ACE mods or conversion mods like I44 or that vietnam one the name of which is escaping me.

Battle Royale is also another pretty good mod, if you have the friends to play it with. Otherwise it can be a bit stale.

I'm bit of an Arma purist, I liked it vanilla and don't particularly warm feelings towards DayZ due to what happened to a previous community I was part of. Not to mention the server browser for Arma 2 is just full of DayZ servers now. Base Arma 2/3 if you're into it I enjoy the ACE mods or conversion mods like I44 or that vietnam one the name of which is escaping me.

I feel the same. Back in the good days of ArmA 2, the gaming community I'm part of used to play it with the ACE mod installed and nothing else. Had some great craic playing some of the best co-op missions you could find. Then DayZ came along and the zombie craze settled in. I don't have any resentment towards DayZ or their community, but I can't deny that they've effectively taken over the franchise.

DayZ has always been that sort of half-filled accomplished mod, and the standalone isn't an exception to this. It's a shame because a lot of quality within the community was sacrificed for the sake of the mod. I still have some good moments playing the likes of DayZ Origins with some of my mates but it pales in comparison to the moments I've had in terms of playing ACE inspired co-op missions.

ArmA 3 is also a massive step back in the series and I don't see it improving with age. This is evident from the fact that the most popular thing on ArmA 3 is Altis Life, a sort of RPG type game which is actually quite fun to play, but again shows that the community is lacking quality content to enjoy what the game was made for. It won't be long till the likes of Breaking Point and Epoch ArmA 3 take over altogether.

I feel the same. Back in the good days of ArmA 2, the gaming community I'm part of used to play it with the ACE mod installed and nothing else. Had some great craic playing some of the best co-op missions you could find. Then DayZ came along and the zombie craze settled in. I don't have any resentment towards DayZ or their community, but I can't deny that they've effectively taken over the franchise.

DayZ has always been that sort of half-filled accomplished mod, and the standalone isn't an exception to this. It's a shame because a lot of quality within the community was sacrificed for the sake of the mod. I still have some good moments playing the likes of DayZ Origins with some of my mates but it pales in comparison to the moments I've had in terms of playing ACE inspired co-op missions.

ArmA 3 is also a massive step back in the series and I don't see it improving with age. This is evident from the fact that the most popular thing on ArmA 3 is Altis Life, a sort of RPG type game which is actually quite fun to play, but again shows that the community is lacking quality content to enjoy what the game was made for. It won't be long till the likes of Breaking Point and Epoch ArmA 3 take over altogether.

Yeah. In all honesty it might just be the way that Arma 2/3 handles server browsing is searching through the servers even with the filter options isn't that intuitive and buries vanilla servers while overpopulated mod servers are what dominates the server list. I quite like how Garry's Mod handles it and it very much is a game driven by mod gamemodes, in which each gamemode has a category and you must click that listing of the mod before being taken to a server list of that gamemode.

I feel if something like that was done for Arma 2/3 which didn't absolutely bury vanilla/ace servers then you probably wouldn't have clans running DayZ servers in tandem to keep their community alive (which at the moment is what many are doing.) It seems a lot of the big communities use DayZ as a way to draw players in, while communities that don't use this tactic can wither away and die.

Edit: I should say I don't really have any problems with DayZ, I mean each to their own but to say that the mod hasn't had a negative effect when it comes to the vanilla/base servers would be a bit untrue. Maybe those servers couldn't continue and I only have my stories from when I was in a community and the burst of DayZ and undeniably it was the thing that really killed the community. I could be completely off base about other servers.