Roaming Hordes

Fluffy

First off I really like the game, but I feel it's missing one thing. It's a common issue with survival games. What do you do once you have settled into a lovely base, stocked food and supplies?

For me the answer is roaming hordes of zombies.

Picture this; you baricaded yourself in your base got a lovely farm going, a plentyfull supply of water, stocks of ammo and construction materials and so on. You are settled and living in comfort, but all of the sudden a massive horde of Zombies come by and force you to defend or even give up your home and flee to a safer place.

Yes I know there are similar mechanisms already in place in the game, like the random gunshots, helicopters flying by and so on. They are all very good ideas and mix up the local zombie population. But what if you have cleared the area of zombies entirely?

The actual proposal:

In other words I am proposing an off map spawn of a Zombie Horde, that move on mass together in a random direction across the map. Even better would be the spawn of multiple hordes on different ends of the map.

In my opinion it would add another challange to the game. It would certainly unsettle me if I happen to come across a roaming horde or if a horde happens to pass by my base of operation. At the very least it would mix up the local zombie population and supply you with another fun combat challenge.

I am not entirely sure if this has been proposed before, I havn't seen anything like it in the stickies or other topics I have browsed. But I would be happy to see some form of roaming hordes of Zombies in the game.

I think theyre working on that where random events will happen. I think its called sadistic director, not sure but search for it.

But before they do anymore more with the zombies I think they need to fix all the zombie related bugs. There are so many some very obvious:

Dissapearing zombies. Zombies not registering attacks. Zombies switching position with another zombie. Zombie stuck running on fences. Zombie with human animations.

7 zombies jumping through window at the same time. Limit use of window to one zombie at a time.

Zombies AI isnt random enough, they all make a beeline to you at the same time. Give them random delayed reaction times. Also random speeds?

Too many zombies overlapping. Try spacing them out more. To where theyre shoulder to shoulder.

I do like the knife up the throat kill. Other weapons should have a sweet spot as well. Any weapong you swing, the most force is at the furthest distance of the object.

I think theyre working on that where random events will happen. I think its called sadistic director, not sure but search for it.

But before they do anymore more with the zombies I think they need to fix all the zombie related bugs. There are so many some very obvious:

Dissapearing zombies. Zombies not registering attacks. Zombies switching position with another zombie. Zombie stuck running on fences. Zombie with human animations.

7 zombies jumping through window at the same time. Limit use of window to one zombie at a time.

Zombies AI isnt random enough, they all make a beeline to you at the same time. Give them random delayed reaction times. Also random speeds?

Too many zombies overlapping. Try spacing them out more. To where theyre shoulder to shoulder.

I do like the knife up the throat kill. Other weapons should have a sweet spot as well. Any weapong you swing, the most force is at the furthest distance of the object.

Thanks for the tip, I did not know that. From what I have read about it so far sounds promising. Out of interest is there a more detailed post about the sadistic director and its features or are the devs not quite ready for such a release at this point in time?

You make a good point, bug fixing is probably more important at this stage.

In any case, I can't wait to see how they will tackle the survival issue in future.