Starting a business in the next few weeks

kinyoshi

If your setting up a stand to sell watered down lemonade in plastic cups on your local street, then I may be willing to give you the necessary starting capital to kickstart the whole thing.

15 quid for the cups

2 quid for the lemonade

One hose connected to a sink

And here I was being serious.... Without going into too much detail, it is a business that offers a service at a very discounted price and is actually part of a larger Conglom-O Nonprofit Corporation I want to start and have running before I die.

The only reason I don't want say the details is because it is an E-business and if I tell you guys, someone could just start it themselves and do the same thing and steal my thunder.

The only reason I don't want say the details is because it is an E-business and if I tell you guys, someone could just start it themselves and do the same thing and steal my thunder.

So you're selling thunder? I'll take twelve!

So I guess my business will service you with twelve thunders.. $120 please, for a year, but you only need one thunder because it is an unlimited thunder. For $10 a year.

Edit: And a $2 unlimited referral incentive to members. Future stock options if they choose, with profit sharing. If TIS PZ forum peoples buy a thunder, TIS will get $3 for each referral.

Edited by kinyoshi

Hmm - you are selling stock options on a video game forum. Apologies but instantaneously my hackles have raised from defcon 5 to 4. Also you don't tell us what you are offering except that its a service. That raises it from 4 to 3.

Do this mean that the service you are selling that you won't tell us about is video game related? Do you have a business plan that potential investors could look at? What's your target market? What's the industry you are involved in because currently we don't even know that excepting that its an E-business!

Sorry to pee on your parade but these are all things that you need to be forthright about especially if you want investors. People are VERY stingy with their cash.

For example my current start-up is promotion and merchandise in the video game market catering initially to the Indie scene, has a business plan for business people who have products that I feel would add to my product list and we are raising funds with a specific long term promotional plan aimed at cementing my business into the video game scene (yes yes we are doing a Kickstarter but it will hopefully be awesome).

You need to be damn busy!!

Hmm - you are selling stock options on a video game forum. Apologies but instantaneously my hackles have raised from defcon 5 to 4. Also you don't tell us what you are offering except that its a service. That raises it from 4 to 3.

Do this mean that the service you are selling that you won't tell us about is video game related? Do you have a business plan that potential investors could look at? What's your target market? What's the industry you are involved in because currently we don't even know that excepting that its an E-business!

Sorry to pee on your parade but these are all things that you need to be forthright about especially if you want investors. People are VERY stingy with their cash.

For example my current start-up is promotion and merchandise in the video game market catering initially to the Indie scene, has a business plan for business people who have products that I feel would add to my product list and we are raising funds with a specific long term promotional plan aimed at cementing my business into the video game scene (yes yes we are doing a Kickstarter but it will hopefully be awesome).

You need to be damn busy!!

I'm going to do it the old fashioned way? I'm borrowing money from my bank to get what I need. Then I'm going to start it, and pay the money back..

When it gets running, I'll ask the moderators if I can post link, at least in my profile.. You all will find out then.. I'm not asking you or anyone for money, the talk about the future stock options has nothing to do with me telling you that I'm starting a business. It's just something that will be available. I'm not just some dumb dumb, I gots' me one of them fancy smert people paper with the funny letterin' BBA.

Pardon me for telling some of the only people besides my coworkers that I talk to because for one, I really don't like people, their a stupid species.... No offense to anyone here. I still like to help people and I don't know why...

Guess I'll keep it to myself next time, ehh?

Sorry, it's hard to give permission for something that's secret.

As you said, hit us up as soon as you're ready to tell people what it's actually about.

Until then, you have to understand people's standpoint, too. You ask for permission to post a link to your new business but don't want to tell anyone about it before actually posting the link.

Would've been better via PM instead of posting a thread for the public eagle eye.

Yeah - we need to know details.

A few weeks is not long enough for someone to start a business and steal your thunder unless they make a business out of starting businesses and its unlikely that Richard Branson, Alan Sugar or that fraud Trump are members of this community.

You mention that you are starting a business, then dont tell us what the business is leaving us all hanging. WHY ARE YOU PLAYING MINDGAMES?

This is the internet - if we dont get closure on this subject then we'll start speculating!

I am of the belief that you are selling stock options and trying to raise demand for said stock by playing mind games. Is it stock in EA by any chance?

Yeah - we need to know details.

A few weeks is not long enough for someone to start a business and steal your thunder unless they make a business out of starting businesses and its unlikely that Richard Branson, Alan Sugar or that fraud Trump are members of this community.

You mention that you are starting a business, then dont tell us what the business is leaving us all hanging. WHY ARE YOU PLAYING MINDGAMES?

This is the internet - if we dont get closure on this subject then we'll start speculating!

I am of the belief that you are selling stock options and trying to raise demand for said stock by playing mind games. Is it stock in EA by any chance?

I hate EA, they ruined, and I mean Ruined, Ultima Online, which was so much fun back in 1997, really until EA bought it :(. Don't you talk bad about Trump!! Jk you can say what you want...  I'm not ready to publicly give details about it right now because many things are being finalized and might change a bit... If Approved by Moderators, I'll share info after launch.. hopefully link too :).

Those are not what it is.

Edit: Not even close, How can I help people with sex toys?

Do we really have to tell you?

I hadn't noticed the way that sounds until now....

Ha. Might want to re-think the whole plan, now :P

If you're selling novelty T-Shirts, I'm looking for:

I'm with stupid (pointing up)

Front (on the back) and Back (on the front)

A shirt with a picture of a gorilla that says "I'm going to go bananas!"

This I can do, not in the beginning, but after I get the business going a bit.

Edit: I'm serious.

Edited by kinyoshi

Ahh so its a screen printing service for tshirts and the like.

Things to consider - bed linen for kids, towels, flags (because not enough people use flags) and also tablecloths.

Also why do you need a bank loan for this? I would advise under no circumstances do you ever borrow money unless you have little or no intention of paying it off or the sum involved is so ridiculously out of your league that a bank is necessary (that way they try to keep you going as long so that they might possibly recoup which they wont if you default).

Ahh so its a screen printing service for tshirts and the like.

Things to consider - bed linen for kids, towels, flags (because not enough people use flags) and also tablecloths.

Also why do you need a bank loan for this? I would advise under no circumstances do you ever borrow money unless you have little or no intention of paying it off or the sum involved is so ridiculously out of your league that a bank is necessary (that way they try to keep you going as long so that they might possibly recoup which they wont if you default).

Well no it's not a screen printing service. But in the city I live in we have a Made Here campaign and could get things made at a good discount.