ApCom - HAM Radio's & Walkie Talkies [SP/MP]

turbotutone

• 2 weeks later...

Can't test it but if you've waited that long, I'm sure you might get a quicker answer by testing it yourself? :P

I run a "hardcrore-roleplay" server and don't want to try anything untill i know its tested. All sorts of unexpected errors can ruin a very old and player-modified world. So im waiting until everything is ready for build 28. 

• 3 weeks later...

Eya i have a 28 build, but ive been messing around in that one and it needs some cleaning up and testing before it could be considered safe for release.

However, currently erosion has a higher priority to work on, ill see if i can find some time soon'ish to fix up this 28 build.

Sorry for the delay.

Btw if u need some help with testing i'd be glad to help u in any way. 

• 1 month later...

Now its broken because of new chatfont. I hope it will be fixed as soon as the PZ font will be chaged again because of cyrillic bug

I was under the impression this would be fixed by replacing the font?

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/10536-released-build-29/?p=142053

Well were u can find the HAM radio and walkie talkies cause i am trying to find were they are but no luck, i am testing it if it works on single player and later multiplayer any help i would appreciated.

Normal houses is where I found them.

Now its broken because of new chatfont. I hope it will be fixed as soon as the PZ font will be chaged again because of cyrillic bug

I was under the impression this would be fixed by replacing the font?

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/10536-released-build-29/?p=142053

Well were u can find the HAM radio and walkie talkies cause i am trying to find were they are but no luck, i am testing it if it works on single player and later multiplayer any help i would appreciated.

Normal houses is where I found them.

Yeah, that thing helped out.

Now the only thing im prying for is to make a radio chat log and some button to make it possible only to lisyen to the radio. Some kind "talk button" or whatever

• 3 weeks later...

Tried it with Build 29.3 but getting the following error while trying to but up the server:

post-29-0-81805800-1415481214_thumb.png

Any clue what causes this error or is it because it´s simply outdated?

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like my download was corrupt (downloaded it a while ago), a fresh download solved the problem. Sorry for that.

On another note: I can´t get the HAM-Radio to work. I tried:

• dropping it on the floor and rightclicking it
  • rightclicking it in the inventory
  • equipping it primary/secondary

and nothing works. I don´t get a context menu with the "special" commands.

I spawned the HAM-radio with the admin commands, maybe this is the problem?

Tried it with Build 29.3 but getting the following error while trying to but up the server:

attachicon.gifapcom_error.png

Any clue what causes this error or is it because it´s simply outdated?

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like my download was corrupt (downloaded it a while ago), a fresh download solved the problem. Sorry for that.

On another note: I can´t get the HAM-Radio to work. I tried:

• dropping it on the floor and rightclicking it
  • rightclicking it in the inventory
  • equipping it primary/secondary

and nothing works. I don´t get a context menu with the "special" commands.

I spawned the HAM-radio with the admin commands, maybe this is the problem?

This mod needs an update and some additions too

• 1 month later...
Hello there!

A friend and I have been working on an installer for the mod so that the installation process is as easy as possible and with no complicated steps, in order to make a smooth install for anyone interested in our server. Another reason for the installer is that the mod needed some slight modification to make multiplayer work with build 29.4, in terms of where certain files go to certain folders. 

Its all smooth sailing from now on! 

These are the simple steps in order to install the mod:

1) Make sure that Project Zomboid is closed.
2) Double click on "Install ApCom - Radio Mod". Don't worry, no viruses at all. We promise. 
3)Run Project Zomboid. Once on the menu, close the game, then start the game up again. 
4)Enjoy!

Its as simple as that! Be aware that when you wish to play in other servers that do not use the ApCom radio mod, you will need to run the uninstaller, which is of course included in the link up there. 

Use the installer/uninstaller as you wish and if you are interested in our server then take a look at our server topic on the forum:

[Roleplaying][ApCom Radio Mod] [Co-op/PVP] Days of the Dead [build 29.4]

That's awesome! thanks for posting it here, ill drop you a pm about possibly updating the main post with it.

Also, seems ive neglected this thread a bit (sorry Dr.Cox and dko :blush: )

So a little update on the status of the mod, it will likely receive no updates in the near future, however it may or may not reappear in one form or another.

[...]

Hey ThatUser! Could you explain to me why you have to move all the ApCom-files to the main game dir? ApCom still works fine for me with Build 29.3 and for Build 30.9 I altered the item spawn a little bit (the ZomboidGlobals/SandboxVars have changed, so the lootspawn from ApCom was bugged).

Is it OK if I upload the changed version here? Need some testers to see if I didn´t fu**ed something up.

That's awesome! thanks for posting it here, ill drop you a pm about possibly updating the main post with it.

Also, seems ive neglected this thread a bit (sorry Dr.Cox and dko :blush: )

So a little update on the status of the mod, it will likely receive no updates in the near future, however it may or may not reappear in one form or another.

No problem, glad to contribute! :) 

Also, that may or may not thing sounds intriguing...

Like erosion, this would be an absolute awesome mod to put in the actual game. Would be much better than the global OOC crap we have now.

I agree man. It would make the game way more immersive.

[...]

Hey ThatUser! Could you explain to me why you have to move all the ApCom-files to the main game dir? ApCom still works fine for me with Build 29.3 and for Build 30.9 I altered the item spawn a little bit (the ZomboidGlobals/SandboxVars have changed, so the lootspawn from ApCom was bugged).

Well, it didn't seem to work for either me or my friend on multiplayer, although single player seemed fine. I hosted a brand new server and both of us had the mod installed the normal way, i.e users/zomboid/mods and it didn't seem to work for us. So we ended up going this route of putting the files over to /media and its corresponding folders inside the main directory and things changed. 

Perhaps we slipped in some of the testing and it was fine? :huh: We tested quite a bit though and only this fixed things for us...the installer also sends the files over the users/zomboid/mods since we thought it would be safe to have it there too.

At any rate, the installer is an easy thing to use and you dont have to go through all the jumping through folders anymore.  :)

*INTRIGUING MUSIC PLAYS*

:o