ApCom - HAM Radio's & Walkie Talkies [SP/MP]

turbotutone

merci :)

as for the servers & mod, since its the first version i can imagine server owners being a bit hesistant running the mod.

however, the mod has been running stable for almost a week on the test server.

if theres a server owner out there that wants to give it a go, feel free to contact me via pm. we could share skype contacts or such and i would be available for trouble shooting or hotpatching if needed to make sure the server can keep running.

Is there a way to make a radio chat log in local chat?

Maybe with some prefix like [radio]: bla-bla-bla /,

ALSO: there shuld be a switch or a quick-key to switch between turn on - listen mode, and listen AND talk mode!

makes somtimes impossible to listen to radio and talk to ppl around you without letting the whole world know what u talk

Any chance to link this to Teamspeak? I don´t know if you can do anything with it, but TS3 has a LUA-interface to hook into it. So if the players in a TS3-channel are named exactly as ingame you could maybe mute them when out of range/different frequency/...

Just an idea, maybe it could work like this.

Is there a way to make a radio chat log in local chat?

Maybe with some prefix like [radio]: bla-bla-bla /,

ALSO: there shuld be a switch or a quick-key to switch between turn on - listen mode, and listen AND talk mode!

makes somtimes impossible to listen to radio and talk to ppl around you without letting the whole world know what u talk

Thanks for the suggestions ill add you to mainpost, for upcomming update ive at least added the walkie talkies outputting in the chatbox for convenience. Theres some things with the placed down devices ive got to think over tactical wise, but perhaps ill add them as well.

The quick-key and listen mode are good suggestions too, the listen mode was actually something considered to be put in as well but on the otherhand the sudden incoming messages (plus their zombie attraction) might add some suspension to the gameplay :D Also the higher tier devices have almost no zombie attraction when used, giving them a advantage over the lower tier ones. Adding the listen mode would take away that advantage somewhat.

So conclusion the key is a definate yes gonna add that too. The listen mode not sure yet considering the forementioned, if anyone wants to add their 2 cents on this feel free to do so.

Any chance to link this to Teamspeak? I don´t know if you can do anything with it, but TS3 has a LUA-interface to hook into it. So if the players in a TS3-channel are named exactly as ingame you could maybe mute them when out of range/different frequency/...

Just an idea, maybe it could work like this.

hehe, i see your point, and that would be pretty cool indeed. Been discussing it with Twiggy as well during testing, however dont think its feasable without going crazy with javamods/3rd party stuff etc, and like harraka mentioned hooking to ts somehow would be a pain if not impossible to do.

Perhaps someday if and when zomboid will have voip integrated (dont know if this is on the dev's todo list) then it may be possible.

The quick-key and listen mode are good suggestions too, the listen mode was actually something considered to be put in as well but on the otherhand the sudden incoming messages (plus their zombie attraction) might add some suspension to the gameplay :D Also the higher tier devices have almost no zombie attraction when used, giving them a advantage over the lower tier ones. Adding the listen mode would take away that advantage somewhat.

So conclusion the key is a definate yes gonna add that too. The listen mode not sure yet considering the forementioned, if anyone wants to add their 2 cents on this feel free to do so.

Would it be possible for them to have a volume setting that changed the zombie attraction range/hearable range? Since all walkie talkies are capable of volume change from mute to loud, it seems like this should be doable. I'd say having higher grade walkie talkie's getting better battery use and having better range is much more realistic.

You could also consider limiting crappy ones to only 2 channels and better ones to more- that would give even more incentive to go for the best models. This is how they work in real life, too. A $20 set might only have 1 or 2 channels, while real military ones have tons.

Hey, if someone could help me I am have trouble installing the mod. It works on the server side for one computer, but not on the client side for the other computer. I would really like some help if anyone is willing... And I am using build 27... I just get an "error with packet 81 for admin" when I try to add an item to my inventory(trying to see if it works) on my server and it says that it is running.

Would it be possible for them to have a volume setting that changed the zombie attraction range/hearable range? Since all walkie talkies are capable of volume change from mute to loud, it seems like this should be doable. I'd say having higher grade walkie talkie's getting better battery use and having better range is much more realistic.

You could also consider limiting crappy ones to only 2 channels and better ones to more- that would give even more incentive to go for the best models. This is how they work in real life, too. A $20 set might only have 1 or 2 channels, while real military ones have tons.

So weve discussed this more via pm, gonna make some tweaks here and there... weve also discussed something else, but more on that later :P

Hey, if someone could help me I am have trouble installing the mod. It works on the server side for one computer, but not on the client side for the other computer. I would really like some help if anyone is willing... And I am using build 27... I just get an "error with packet 81 for admin" when I try to add an item to my inventory(trying to see if it works) on my server and it says that it is running.

Could you perhaps supply more information, such as error logs from client and server?

Also, in what way does the client not work, i assume you mean it will not connect to server? or does the mod not run at all on the other pc?

Also, what item did you try to spawn with admin and what line did you use exactly for the command.

Regards,

Turbo

Hey guys! I just made a server with ApCom! I just made it and I am still working on making sure it works. But if someone(preferably one who has confirmed it works for them) could join and tell me if everything as far as ApCom is working I would really appreciate it.

Server IP: 198.12.65.34

Would it be possible to add buttons to the gui? So that we could turn it on / off without right clicking into the inventory?

Would also be cool if we could cycle stations with a button also.

Edit: Ignore this post as the problem magically quit happening after restarting the client.

This is a really noob question but how do I install this? I know I have to put the Apcom file into PZ mods but I don't know what to do with the LuaNet file

Eya,  the LuaNet folder should also go in the pz mods folder (its a seperate mod that is required by apcom).

OHHHHH!!! Thanks!