ApCom - HAM Radio's & Walkie Talkies [SP/MP]

turbotutone

• 3 weeks later...

This mod sounds amazing :D No pun intended though!

I don't want to install it on my single player game, mainly because I wouldn't want to start over so soon or reset it, but also because the single player option is rather limited.

However I've set up a personal server for a friend of mine and I to play in as in co-op, and after reading the OP I don't even want to give it a second thought... I want this mod to replace global chat lol. It sounds excellent!

Question though...: Can anyone confirm if the mod works correctly on version 30.12 of P.Z.?

Thanks a ton in advance, and again major kudos for the great unique mod :) Cannot wait either to see it in the main game \o/

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Question does anyone else that is using this mod get ui graphical errors?

I am playing and sometimes my ui's will go blank the chat box dissapears altogether the moodles (thirsty/hurt/hungry/tired) don't show up or dissapear etc...

When it happens I have to exit the game and reopen it to get them back.

Can't wait til it is added to the base game I love this mod.

- Fixed the problem... Turned ZOOM off!

- I miss the zoom!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got a message from MrBlue that:

[Hardcore][Roleplay][Whitelist][24/7] AGN - NewDawn Roleplay

is running ApCom mod! So for those looking to play it online that's the place to be :D

Also updated main post with link. somehow all the spoiler tags got messed up while doing so lol.

I'm extremely impressed with his mod, it ties into roleplay servers extremely well. I look forward to it getting added to the official build for sure.

Got a message from MrBlue that:

[Hardcore][Roleplay][Whitelist][24/7] AGN - NewDawn Roleplay

is running ApCom mod! So for those looking to play it online that's the place to be :D

Also updated main post with link. somehow all the spoiler tags got messed up while doing so lol.

The New Dawn Server is LOVING this mod, cant thank you enough for this awesome addition and itll be even greater when in game!

After playing around with it on our server there seems to be a problem with it. Namely that HAM radios don't receive broadcasts but can broadcast, and all players names and chatcolors are now white.

Thats a problem i havent heared/seen before, ill send you a pm to see if we can resolve that issue.

I only hope there will be an option that lets teh player listen to teh radio but not talk, like a "speak" button that is normally used on radios, because its somtimes impossible to listen to what is going on "on air" and talk same time

Yes, the integrated version will have some reworks and currently unfinished options worked in :P

Updated download link.

- Fixed issue that would output transmission data in console even when debug was off, causing people to be able to see chat via the console they werent supposed to see :P

Thanks to ModdedTibby for notifying about the bug and sending logs for the fix!

I am using this mod on private dedicated server with friends. Everything seems okay i can turn on , set frequency etc but i cannot send any message to my friends through walkie talkie. Global chat is off in server.ini . I am trying to use T key to send message over walkie talkie but i doesnt work. Really noob question but how can i send message?

• 3 weeks later...