More realistic skintones

Aardman55

post-284-0-65691000-1402395300_thumb.jpgpost-284-0-13365800-1402395306_thumb.jpg

The vanilla skintones are waaay to yellow for my liking, so I changed all the white skin tones be more reddish / pink.

Make sure you have the characters on 3d (players only is ABSOLUTELY necessary for this to work)

Here's the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8iccptt1k0615rp/ardmanskinmods.rar

Also, I made the underwear of the female skin a complete white, it was blueish before, and made 2 skins have white boxer shorts. Incase of a very hot summer day in multiplayer, you wont see every single person run around in the same black boxer shorts, lol :D

Also, I haven't tested yet, but:
These skins do NOT work in multiplayer when you use them as a MOD. That's for sure.

However, (I haven't tested yet!) if you just move the skin files over to your project zomboid folder (the one where the executables are), then they SHOULD show up in multiplayer too.

If you do that, make sure to backup your files, if you grow tired of my skins some day you dont have to reinstall the whole game!

Pics are low quality, sorry! But I believe you'll get the idea of what you get.

attachicon.gif2014-06-10_00006.jpgattachicon.gif2014-06-10_00007.jpg

The vanilla skintones are waaay to yellow for my liking, so I changed all the white skin tones be more reddish / pink.

Make sure you have the characters on 3d (players only is ABSOLUTELY necessary for this to work)

Here's the link:

Also, I made the underwear of the female skin a complete white, it was blueish before, and made 2 skins have white boxer shorts. Incase of a very hot summer day, you wont see every single person run around in the same black boxer shorts, lol :D

These skins do NOT work in multiplayer when you use them as a MOD. That's for sure.

However, (I haven't tested yet!) if you just move the skin files over to your project zomboid folder (the one where the executables are), then they SHOULD show up in multiplayer too.

If you do that, make sure to backup your files, if you grow tired of my skins some day you dont have to reinstall the whole game!

+1 Skin tones should be changed into something similar to this.

Here's the link:

Also, I made the underwear of the female skin a complete white, it was blueish before, and made 2 skins have white boxer shorts. Incase of a very hot summer day, you wont see every single person run around in the same black boxer shorts, lol :D

Thanks for the like, it would be cool if this would turn into vanilla content. However, I believe the dark skins need some work too so they also dont have the same skin colour lol.

This is a great mod i love it :) Thanks for making this (fedora)  (clyde)

Thank you, aswell! :)

Here's the link:

+1, the current skin tones look more like the ones from the simpsons^^.

Nice job, any chance you can make this compatible with Gorier Zombies mod? 

Your mod requires player 3D only, while it requires zombies to be 3D.  

No, I just wanted to state that you need 3d only player ATLEAST for this to work. If you do player + zombies then you will have both creatures with my mods :)

No, I just wanted to state that you need 3d only player ATLEAST for this to work. If you do player + zombies then you will have both creatures with my mods :)

wouldn't your new skin be placed on zeds as well? if i had 3d set to player + 5?

wouldn't your new skin be placed on zeds as well? if i had 3d set to player + 5?

Zombies and humans have different skins, I myself am playing with both mods combined without any problems, don't worry :)

I recently started using them both with little errors. The only thing i noticed is the realistic skin tone likes to show threw the players left and right hip when walking/running/sneaking a certain way. It actually is more the under ware i believe. 

I recently started using them both with little errors. The only thing i noticed is the realistic skin tone likes to show threw the players left and right hip when walking/running/sneaking a certain way. It actually is more the under ware i believe. 

AFAIK this is an issue with the vanilla models, not with this texture mod.

AFAIK this is an issue with the vanilla models, not with this texture mod.

Oh well I guess I haven't noticed till I started paying more attention to my character's changes. 

• 9 months later...