Clearing the Mall

MacSupreMe

Little surprised, did you go in? What I've experienced is the zeds all bunch up in the different stores.

Yeah we cleared the whole thing thinking they would be somewhere. We ended up finding about 2 or 3 total, but It was pretty packed out in the parking lot. We also had zombie density set to high in the server settings if that changes anything.

Little surprised, did you go in? What I've experienced is the zeds all bunch up in the different stores.

Yeah we cleared the whole thing thinking they would be somewhere. We ended up finding about 2 or 3 total, but It was pretty packed out in the parking lot. We also had zombie density set to high in the server settings if that changes anything.

No idea, Might want to bring it up to the devs. I'd just consider it damn lucky. The mall is the perfect place to make a base once its cleared. Lots of Supplies, and plenty of room.

No idea, Might want to bring it up to the devs. I'd just consider it damn lucky. The mall is the perfect place to make a base once its cleared. Lots of Supplies, and plenty of room.

Probably just lucky, default is for the mall to be crawling with them. Might be a glitch in the intensity slider though -- file a bug anyway.

I've started clearing the mall. I've killed more than a 1000. The first day I used a shotgun to clear them off, but then my shotgun broke and I'm using a pistol and an axe. I sleep at the spiffo's second floor(not barricaded).

i've been trying to make a DENT in the number of zombies in the mall with zero luck. I've gone through thousands of bullets and lost 3 characters so far.... There is no way it could possibly be worth it. Unless there are 10,000 shot gun shells somewhere inside.

i've been trying to make a DENT in the number of zombies in the mall with zero luck. I've gone through thousands of bullets and lost 3 characters so far.... There is no way it could possibly be worth it. Unless there are 10,000 shot gun shells somewhere inside.

Take a look at my pics on page 1, there is a pretty good method to retaking the mall, just takes a lot of patience. Try and lead a few at a time and secure the areasw you've cleared. there are some woods a short distance from the mall. Utilize that and you good to go for wood. Guns in the mall are just a REALLY REALLY bad idea. Hand to Hand combat is the way to go. You sohuldn't have a problem finding glue, duct tape etc once you get into the storage areas, then its just a matter of taking things slow and easy. 

I have also been clearing the mall, I roughly estimate that I have cleared about half of the mall.

Like Mac, I made my base on the sw corner of the roof, but unlike Mac, I haven't walled off the cleared areas.

Instead I have just killed as many zombies in a day that I could and then came back to sleep in my base.

post-418-0-22069800-1403357533_thumb.png

Hello!

I've been lurking these forums for months and been playing the game before the Steam release and the mall area has only made me more addicted to this game.  I made a base in the little neighborhood adjacent to the mall across a field.  I ran straight for the mall with a new character and did not have a lot of loot to work with on my arrival in the area.  Anyone needing ammo should check the map and head to the shooting range that is not to far from the mall district (north-north-east-ish).  There was a decent amount of ammo and guns there and worth the walk!  I just head out every morning from my base and attack the mall.  I've been getting in through one of the back exits and using everything I have to kill zed.  Shooting all of the former food court employees is easy on my game because there all stuck behind the counters and waiting to be put down.  

Sigh.  I just started creating a new (throwaway) character to go clear the mall.  Get into char creation, hit "random" for name......aaaaand the game rolls up my RL name.  WTF.

Say it so I may dispatch my ninjas...

EDIT: Oh wait they couldn't find you... Not exactly gonna condemn every Sarah Smith to a ninja starring (Pretty sure that term became racist by 2004 but oh well, the correct term escapes me)

Edited by Viceroy

• 2 weeks later...

I just spent the last few days running around inside the mall yelling like a madman and I haven't found a single active zombie.

There could be a few hiding in a toilet somewhere that I missed, but for all intents and purposes the mall is now clear.

All in all there were around 2000 zombies in the mall, give or take a couple hundred.

I've attached a few pictures from inside the mall.

1txbhe.png

2dw5c1z.png

4t6jqr.png

2i7p850.png

i40kfr.png

Good job! Looks like a work of art! Now you just gotta move out all the bodies, wait for the update and have the biggest zombie corpse bonfire of all time! Hopefully the devs will release marshmallows with the update!

Clearing out those 2000 zombie corpses is not something that I have patience for, fortunately disease from corpses is not implemented yet. :-D

If I have the energy, I will turn the entire mall into a sealed fort and if I do that, I'll post some screenies.

• 2 weeks later...

You can get on top of the roof. There are multiple areas where you can get on. There is a service entrance leading to a staircase on the end that I'm overlooking. This is the ideal penetration point. You just have to be wary of Zed. The rooms are relatively small.

Bring a couple bags of dirt a tent and you could start farming on the roof and clearing out the zeds below.

This place has everything. Even a massive pharmacy with everything you need.

Is that service staircase on the first or second floor?

Edit: nevermind! Found it on the first :)

• 3 weeks later...

A question.

Is the game smooth for you in the mall?

I have a huge fps drop there, especially when I run, like I run for a few seconds and  game "hangs" (just a short "freeze") then I continue playing (it's playable but not as smooth as anywhere else in the map).

Also the mall is the only place where it crashes while taking the screenshot of the save, it doesn't happen every time, but well...it happens.

Yep.  Sarah Smith.  Or, if I go by my middle name, I could be Jane Smith.

IT'S LIKE I DON'T EVEN EXIST.

I don't exist. As you can tell by my name. I existed nearly 700 years ago. I was a war shogun.

My energy resides in this lads brain, trapped in this physical body, making him do each and every task I want done.

Fear what you can't touch, for it can touch you....

Okay, the first hour of battle. The initial invasion and clearing of the cafeteria.

One axe. One bat. No firearms or ammo taken from the safehouse for the mission.

Using only what I find. Which happened to be a pistol and about 50 rounds throughout the events so far.

Part 1x8 demonstrates the importance of the Lucky trait, at 55:45

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnX1mLxpISGEMihLuW3P4RayOLOAQD_tv

Some comments provided in captions. Otherwise it's self explanatory.

Ultimate Ranger lives on.