Renting a dedicated Server?

robban279

Hello and sorry if this question have allready been answered before, but I'm looking to start a dedicated server that you could possibly rent from a company and administrate yourself?

Anyone knows if this is possible yet for PZ and if so, what company would you suggest to rent a server from?

I've been doing this for other games before but i'm not sure wether or not it's possible for PZ yet or in the future perhaps? Thanks alot for any information. =)

• 2 weeks later...

[suspicious] That's impressive, considering a dedicated server package hasn't been released yet and you'd have to buy the game to do it.

The game has been purchased.

We are hosting the game servers on E3-1270v2 / 32 GB RAM / SSD disks / 1Gbps uplink machines.

You got full control over the game server via a game panel (start, stop, restart, edit, add sub users etc) + FTP access to files.

We allocate 128MB RAM per slot for now.

rox and http://www.nfoservers.com/ seem to be the most economic choices for Project Zomboid right now. Though I'm having trouble wrapping my head around why rox would not put a limit on RAM, first provider I've seen doing that. Considering their game servers most likely are in a VPS format. 

We apply 128MB/slot (check details durng order). We use real dedicated machines (DELL servers), we never used and never will use VPS for gaming services.

rox and http://www.nfoservers.com/ seem to be the most economic choices for Project Zomboid right now. Though I'm having trouble wrapping my head around why rox would not put a limit on RAM, first provider I've seen doing that. Considering their game servers most likely are in a VPS format.

We apply 128MB/slot (check details durng order). We use real dedicated machines (DELL servers), we naver used and never will use VPS for gaming services.

Dimitri, feel free to get in contact with us if there's anything we can do to make your life easier. Currently high on the todo list is ip binding, and a more useful server console, but anything else?

From a GSP pov ip binding andserver console are a must.

As for the rest I am thinking of:

Server query (not sure if available already) would be great too so servers can be monitored.

Server logs with adjustable level of logging

More command line switches to enforce parameters such as slots, ip and port, admin password etc

rcon support to send remote commands

More user friendly permission/white list system (text files)

The above would be great, not only for server hosting but also to get your game more popular :)

thanks to you, if theres any way to get a direct contact please let me know so I can give them few suggestions/ideas

email info@projectzomboid.com. You can also pass messages via me, or post publically in suggestions forums, the devs do frequent here :)

Archived