[Spoilers] Game of Thrones [TV Show]

Connall

So I know there are a few people into the show here on the forums so I figured I would start this thread up.

First of lets say out some rules:

DO NOT CONTINUE TO READ IF YOU DON'T WANT GAME OF THRONES TV SHOW SPOILED

I know, I hate big fonts but I wanted to make this as clear as I could. I don't want to see people complaining about the show being spoiled for them, nobody got time for that.

Right anyway the rules.

1. Books are off limits. If you really want to discuss the books, clearly sign post that you will be talking about them and put them in spoiler tags. Old or new information, spoiler tag it. We are here to talk about the show, not really interested in the books or what may or may not happen next.

2. Allow for a 24 hour grace period for a new episode airing before talking about it without spoiler tags. If you have seen the episode and wish to discuss it, put the text in spoiler tags and indicate that you are talking about the fresh episode. You don't have to, but it's rather courteous if you do.

3. Please don't do cross show spoilers, this is about Game of Thrones, not Walking Dead or any other show.

That's it really, feel free to talk about what you fancy regarding the show in this thread.

It's a bit late in the season I know, but hey. What can you do.

Episode Information

Latest Episode: Season 4 Episode 9 - The Watchers of The Wall

In This Thread:

Book Spoiler Levels (We use this to indicate if there are uncovered spoilers present. Introduced this because it's going to happen and nothing I can do about it.)

1 = No uncovered book spoilers.

2 = Book spoilers uncovered, but they predate the latest episode.

3 = Book spoilers uncovered, they are focused around the latest episode in relation to the book.

4 = Book spoilers uncovered, they are focused around event after the most current episode.

5 = Book spoilers uncovered, they are focused on plot points exceeding the current and possibly next episode. This usually constitutes major spoilers.

Current Level: 1

Watched the latest episode.

That's even more brutal than the Red Wedding.

Oberyn getting his teeth knocked out, eyes gouged into his skull... then getting his own skull crushed!

But hey, we got nice watermelons so no big deal!

I've come to expect the unexpected so much in GOT that I was expecting Spanish bisexual Prince with his slightly man-ish looking woman to get his brains bashed in. I would have been more surprised to have him actually win as that would have been the just thing to happen.

Also the guy was huge!! What was he expecting to happen?

I've come to expect the unexpected so much in GOT that I was expecting Spanish bisexual Prince with his slightly man-ish looking woman to get his brains bashed in. I would have been more surprised to have him actually win as that would have been the just thing to happen.

Also the guy was huge!! What was he expecting to happen?

He pretty much got cocky and was arrogant, but what he wanted the most was to make Mountain confess about his sister's murder and he succeeded... just not the way he wanted it to succeed but failed to save Tyrion(Jon Burgundy from X-Men: DoFP) from execution.

My bet is that Mountain is gonna die from the wounds he got and it's gonna be a draw. That would be interesting.

I doubt tywin would give 2 shits if the mountain died after the fight. Tyrions champion died in the fight and he was declared guilty by trial of combat infront of a sea of people. The Mountain would have had to die there and then for it to matter to tywin.

I mean I am fully expecting the mountain to die. Im guessing they called oberyn the red viper because he poisons his weapons or something but it'd be strange if he died days after the fight and that for some reason mattered as far as the trial is concerned

My bet is that Mountain is gonna die from the wounds he got and it's gonna be a draw. That would be interesting.

I doubt tywin would give 2 shits if the mountain died after the fight. Tyrions champion died in the fight and he was declared guilty by trial of combat infront of a sea of people. The Mountain would have had to die there and then for it to matter to tywin.

I mean I am fully expecting the mountain to die. Im guessing they called oberyn the red viper because he poisons his weapons or something but it'd be strange if he died days after the fight and that for some reason mattered as far as the trial is concerned

I didn't read the novels, but apparently....

Mountain died due to the fact the spear was poisoned. Probably'll happen in the TV series, but doubt Tywin'll give a shit if he dies and still choose to kill Tyrion.

wxtirKR.pngModerator Warning

Spoiling people watching the TV show from the books isn't being lovely. Be Lovely, or I'll dust off my banhammer.

I didn't read the novels, but apparently [REDACTED]

Man :/ If you're going to post book spoilers, even if you've not read the books and they've been told to you by someone else could you at least put them into spoiler tags?

Episode is out. Until we'll say ~7PM spoiler tags would be appreciated but continue at your own peril.

Pip. :'(

Such a good episode! 7pm? I'd say spoiler tags til tomorrow so it gives those who havent seen it chance to catch up :D

For the majority of that episode I was so worried about Sam I completely forgot about the mortality chance of Jon, Ygritte etc that when Jon started fighting that big guy I was literally hand over mouth terrified he was going to die. Then when Ygritte was aiming her bow at him I was like 'oh shit this is it'. and then the arrow struck her and I audibly gasped out loud. Made me sad :( I mean, it was good for Oliver because as far as I can remember it was Ygritte  who actually killed Olivers dad so its kinda revenge for him in a way but, damn, poor Ygritte. Poor Jon Snow. SO MANY FEELS.

Archived