WorldEd error : can't drag and drop PNG/BMP files

Onkeen

Howdy !

I am trying to create a zomboid map since yesterday, I have red the thuzor’s guide but I have a problem, everytime I want to drag and drop any bitmap or png file, that I have created, generated or picked up on a tuto on the forum, I just can’t…

A little Ø appears on everything I want to drag on the empty map and I can’t drag and drop the file on the map (The preview of the file doesn’t even appears on the little square in the bottom right)

Windows 8 - 64x

Thanks in advance to anyone that can offer me a solution :)

Ok, then.  :???: I'll try to run the process through step by step so we can see where the problem might come from.

First you click File -> New...

Then input the cell amount that corresponds to your map pixel rate. eg 300x300px would be 1x1 cell. It looks like you have 900x900? So that'd be 3 height 3 width.

Then you get the grid on your screen on a tab named 'The World'.

Next up make sure you have the 'Maps' window open on the right side of the screen (or wherever else, if you've moved it somewhere...) If you don't, right click on the white area on the top and tick the 'Maps'.

After that find the folder that contains all of those files you just showed me and you should be able to drag and drop the Elbertwon.bmp above the grid. Line it up and you should be good to go with the BMP to TMX.

Try to do every step exactly, and tell me if it still doesn't work and at what point, after that I'm probably going to need you to upload those files... Or, maybe do a clean install on the tools before that.

EDIT: Now that I'm looking again, your colors aren't correct. The regular bmp map looks fine, but the _veg map shouldn't contain the blue colors. Also the water is only one color, so you can't do those "shallow coast lines" like you have there. While I don't think that's the issue in here, you should check the color values again and on which map they should be. They can be found in the tools/TileZed(32)/WorldEd/rules.txt file.

All of the colors containing the text 'layer = 0_Vegetation' are the ones for the _veg map. And of course 0 0 0 or black.

About the first part of your post, here are the steps :

1401883484-sans-titre.png

1401883486-sansnew-world.png

1401883512-the-world.png

1401884343-stfin.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I've generated my map with this software :

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4684-random-mapzoid-random-bitmap-terrain-generator-python-win-exe/

But i'll try with an other map and I'll tell you if it works

Edit : you were right, I can now drag and drop the problem came from the _veg file generated, thank you for pointing it out !