VenomDG

Hello everyone! I'm VenomDG and i've noticed while playing multiplayer that you CAN NOT sleep. This is an issue due to some sicknesses only being curable with sleep and rest. The main and most common being nausea. Me and my friends have tried many things and tried searching up MANY times on how to fix this issue but the only cure we found was sleep. We have died every time we were effected by this which sucks because as soon as you see 3g1owEm.png you know your queasy, And that leads to one inescapable thing... adoUARf.jpg

Adding the ability to sleep in multiplayer sort of like how minecraft does with everyone needing to sleep at once for it to work, or just making it where you lay in a bed and you have a 5 minute timer or something and need to wait while your character rests would be AMAZING. I'm tired of dying every time from a sickness you practically cant avoid. Hopefully something will be added in to cure nausea besides sleep or sleep added to multiplayer. Thanks for your time.

I think they mean to add napping later, but are you certain that nausea thing isn't the zombie disease thing?

Also, try not to put this discussion across multiple boards; I'm not certain the moderators don't like that but it probably isn't smart to find out.

Also, try not to put this discussion across multiple boards; I'm not certain the moderators don't like that but it probably isn't smart to find out.

Yeah i know, i posted it in one place then saw that it would belong better on another one so i re posted it.

Seems like a legitimate issue but I'm afraid the solution is non-trivial.

While the five-minute sleep timer is a possible solution, it would feel sketchy. I would prefer that sleeping would last for 6-14 hours (of game time) just like in single player... But here we run into the problem: Is it fun and does it add to the game, having to wait and be unable to do anything in the meanwhile? I say it is/does.

(clyde)

But here we run into the problem: Is it fun and does it add to the game, having to wait and be unable to do anything in the meanwhile? I say it is/does.

While waiting for your character to sleep may get boring its better than dying. You cant exactly sleep for so much in game time without having to wait a set amount of IRL time because that would lead to horrible time desync between players leading it to be 12 am for one player and 12 pm for another etc. I would say the best solution would be to add something or make it possible to brew some sort of tea with a pot over a fire / oven, water, tea bag, and vitamins or some sort of medical material to make some sort of cure. It is tiring having to build up skill points just to lose them from walking in the rain for 30 seconds. But that is also just my opinion. I am always open to others.

I haven't played multiplayer a lot. How much is 24 hours of game time in real-time?

It seems like you can tweak the sandbox settings to slow down or speed up the time (please correct if I'm wrong). 24 hours of game time could be set to ex. 15 minutes of real-time. Therefore 6-14 hours of game time would equal 3:45-8:45 minutes of real time.

I haven't played multiplayer a lot. How much is 24 hours of game time in real-time?

It depends on how long you set the time to be, you can set the day/night cycle to be 1 hour or 6 hours. The default being 1 for a full 24 hours.

If it's normal sickness, just eat regularly.

Tried that. Without sleep you die.

You did it wrong ;p

I survived many rotten food ingestions. You have to minimize your efforts, and basically you have to start eating a lot when you have the "fever" moodlet. That's when your life bar is dropping pretty fast, the most dangerous stage of the sickness. Once you passed this, you're good to go.

While the five-minute sleep timer is a possible solution, it would feel sketchy. I would prefer that sleeping would last for 6-14 hours (of game time) just like in single player... But here we run into the problem: Is it fun and does it add to the game, having to wait and be unable to do anything in the meanwhile? I say it is/does.

(clyde)

Why did you highlight important words in your sentence, if you were trying to add emphasis, it didn't work.

Teehee

/rant

You have to minimize your efforts, and basically you have to start eating a lot when you have the "fever" moodlet. That's when your life bar is dropping pretty fast, the most dangerous stage of the sickness. Once you passed this, you're good to go.

I've tried that but always gets worse because i cant sleep even if i just stand there for an hour eating 1,000s of lb of food. I guess ill try harder.

You have to minimize your efforts, and basically you have to start eating a lot when you have the "fever" moodlet. That's when your life bar is dropping pretty fast, the most dangerous stage of the sickness. Once you passed this, you're good to go.

I've tried that but always gets worse because i cant sleep even if i just stand there for an hour eating 1,000s of lb of food. I guess ill try harder.

It's really all about consuming your food at the right time (fever) !

I still think that it should be an option for multiplayer servers (any server with say 4 people could easily support a Minecraft like system of everyone needing to sleep at once. If someone gets woken up in the night then everyone could have the option to get up as well. It also doesn't help that the sleep system at the moment is a tad flawed (the moodle for tiredness/exhaustion goes away in under an hour of sleep and doesn't seem to depend on how long you're sleeping for).

(clyde)

Why did you highlight important words in your sentence, if you were trying to add emphasis, it didn't work.

Teehee

/rant

Be Lovely. This isn't being lovely.