unZeOFy.jpg

Hello fellow survivors!

My name is VenomDG. I had an idea while surviving with my friend. We found it hard to fully keep zombies away from our base of operations with our own force using axes and guns, which just attract more. I suggested it would be really cool to be able to set traps around our base that zombies would run into and we would be able have to clean off and reset in case of allot of zombies were to wander on over. I would like to see something like the forest. How they use the traps. Maybe have like 2 posts in the ground [logs] and use wire between them that will tangle zombies causing damage when they try to move if they go in it. Ill make a list here if ideas for traps i have:

• [ Wire fence ] Crafted using 5 wire and 2 logs, Causes damage and slows zombies who walk against the fence. Wires have a duration on them and will snap if to many zombies are against them at one time or have been used enough. You can repair them with a screwdriver and wire.

• [ Wacker ] Crafted using 3 Nailed baseball bats, 2 logs, 2 rope, 10 nails, and 1 wire. Would kill a zombie when triggered by swinging the bats up at the zombie. < Needs to be reset after use >

• [ Lobber ] Crafted using 1 shotgun / pistol, 3 planks, 1 wire, 2 sticks, 20 nails, and 1 rope. Would essentially be a gun on a stand and when a zombie crosses the wire it would shoot the gun killing the zombie. You would have to reload the gun by opening the inventory and inserting the proper ammunition.  Should be used in door ways. < Very inaccurate >

• [ Mauler ] Crated using 1 sledge hammer, 2 rope, 1 wire, 2 sticks, 10 nails, and 3 logs. The zombie pulls the wire ripping the sticks from the ground letting the rope lose and would send a sledge hammer flying down killing any zombie it its way and pushing back others. < Needs to be reset after use >

• [ Hangers ] Not a trap for killing, But slowing down zombies. Thus allowing you to get more control of crowds / hordes. Crafted using 5 sand/gravel/dirt bags, 3 logs, and 5 rope. Would make a wall of hanging bags for zombies to walk through, slowing down the zombies as they come through.

• [ Holman ] The trap from the game "The Forest" Also known as the 'Happy birthday trap' Would be crafted using 4 planks, 2 rope, 2 logs, 20 nails, and 20 sticks. Would trigger a wall to rise up (Much like the wacker) killing any zombies in the way of the trap.

• [ Nailpolt ] Much like a catapult, but with nails. Crafted using 5 planks, 2 rope, 1 wire, 2 sticks, 2 cooking pots, 2 boxes of nails. Would send nails flying at any incoming zombies with an 80% chance of killing them. Good for crowds.

:: I have allot more ideas. Let me know what you think so far. I cannot mod this game at all i have no clue how to, but hopefully someone will be interested in adding this and use my idea ::

Crappy sketches of the traps:

[ Wire Fence ]

TxW7Gbg.png

[ Wacker ]

xur1OxQ.png

[ Lobber ]

nt2Zol2.png

[ Mauler ]

A3XTWUj.png

[ Hangers ]

f0PEfBa.png

[ Holman ]

kGuqaly.pngCould be so much better designed than this.

[ Nailpolt ]

GOyPiWo.png

I'd maybe add something that alarms you (even though this might lure more of them there...) like empty cans that chime when a zombie trips over a wire

Thats actually a great idea. Or some how wire it so you can keep adding wire and you can put a can in your house on something and when the zombie over near the trap hits it it activates the can in your house as long as its connected.