Multiplayer Town

magnum2016

On the current server i am playing on I am planning to build an actual town (Similar to Woodbury but it would be friendly to everyone) but I need advice on how to make it actually successful.

Details about the soon to be town:

Government etc.

The government will be a Republic led by a Council as well as a self-appointed leader (In the future we will have elections.) Any major acts that the Leader makes will have to be passed off by the council before they are official.

The council itself will be anywhere from 2-15 members that will be expected to get on once per day

Jobs

Guard- patrols the towns perimeter

Soldier- A more advanced version of guard that conducts missions outside of the towns walls

Scavenger- Gets loot from the outside world

Farmer- Tends the farm fields for the town

Carpenter- Keeps the infrastructure of the town top notch

Infrastructure:

• The town will be 100% player-made
  • The town itself is expected to be about the size of the the West Point Highschool if not slightly bigger
  • It will have a large perimeter wall that will surround the entire town 
  • There will be roughly 10-25 buildings inside the town

Resources: Current resources and how the town will survive

• The town currently has enough food to feed 10 survivors for roughly 1-3 weeks however it will soon have a large farm system that will sustain the town.

• The town will be dependent on scavenging to gain supplies other than food

• The town in total (9mm/Shotgun) has about 2000 rounds/shells of ammunition

Relations:

The town will be kind and accepting to all survivors and even raiders as long as they do not pose a threat to the town. As long as everyone checks out at the gate they will be allowed inside to trade.

The town is not afraid to kill other survivors and raiders if they are caught stealing or harassing or hurting other members.

Penalty System

Punishments the town will give to members and non-members if they are caught breaking rules

Members:

Stealing

Will be forced to give back items and have a long day of guard duty

(If severe they will be executed)

Murdering other members

Execution

Murdering other survivors

Depending on relations with the survivor

Disobeying Orders

Whipping-Execution

Extra information

The town will have atleast one guard on duty 24/7 to keep the town safe

Please give me suggestions on what I should change

Also if you are interested in joining this town please say so in this post

I would suggest a mayor-type, one leader government for a while. (Ironic, yes) Then, as it gets bigger, make it a republic. You should also build a jail of some sort. Now I noticed the last punishment. That seems a bit too harsh. If it's a republic, there shouldn't be torture. Maybe just jail time. But if you have to follow orders, that's more of a communistic government.  Other than that, it's great! I would love to see this!

There will be a Self-Appointed "Mayor" (Me) and for now the Council will only be about 2 people until the town actual matures into a civilization and things get into order.

We will have a small jail which will be a series of rooms that will be locked up and players will have to stay in them for a small amount of time but this will mostly be for very petty crimes.

As for the last punishment i believe i did not explain myself well enough if someone is caught sleeping on guard duty or scavenging on guard duty they will just be politely asked to stop and if it continues they will either get exiled (If they keep doing it alot) or simply get a different job that they can handle.

But if we are in a gunfight and one of our members runs away or if i ask a guard to watch a visitor and they stop watching them and the visitor ends up doing a crime the guard may be punished in terms of getting hit with a baseball bat or may not get rations for awhile and as i said in rare situations execution.

And well it is a republic but the world is not the way it use to be, i will actually since you brought it up be more caring to members however.

And well it is a community all members are expected to help and follow orders in terms of farming etc. (They will not be strict orders unless we are in combat)

This seems really interesting.. but shouldnt you have more roles to sustain besides the already set council Mayor and scavenger, are you planning to make a role for people to be the farmers? Also where would this base be on the map?

I will be following this topic.

EDIT #1 Also is this going to be a role-play town or an actual lets just freaking survive town?

EDIT #2 Aren't you the Co-Owner on the server your talking about?

We do have more roles i just forgot to add them (Added them)

The base will be uploaded when it is complete,

1. This is a 100% roleplay town but we will have a struggle to survive at some times

2. And yes i am the Co-Admin of the server however no items will be spawned for the town at all

Im very interested in this idea, I love to play the obedient thug/soldier/guard who only follow orders...

Can imagine Beeing a farmer or a construction worker too... Any role really, I only lack time to play at periods due to work.. But can easily offer my service to the town about 2 hours per day. If RP is involved in gameplay it's just more fun!

Great idea I look forward to this :) you have a teamspeak server or Skype as well or what? As mentioned before: great idea I'd be glad to support in any way.

I'm an experienced SP player, have had this game since a few years back and I have no trouble finding my way in the game or to undertake any tasks asked of me.

I can add it's ideas like this that makes me interested in MP...

Also I wonder what version of the game we'd run?

Good luck and if you need any extra hand to help out don't hesitate to ask. :)

Okay i will reply to the new comments in a few hours but for now i am going to complete as much i can in one hour, then my GF is coming over then after she leaves i will finish the town

Your girlfriend?! Man where do your priorities lie man, we're a group of people on the internet who want to get into a virtualised town, surely we are more important than this girlfriend?

Nah, have fun. ;)

Okay i will reply to the new comments in a few hours but for now i am going to complete as much i can in one hour, then my GF is coming over then after she leaves i will finish the town

Your girlfriend?! Man where do your priorities lie man, we're a group of people on the internet who want to get into a virtualised town, surely we are more important than this girlfriend?

Nah, have fun. ;)

Lol..

Here is a little preview of the town so far (Really it is just the outer wall and at that it is only the north-eastern side of the wall. 

Upon completion the outer-wall will have a railing as well as some guard towers on each side of the wall.

RczicwE.jpg

( I need some volunteers to do some wood chopping for me)

Here is a little preview of the town so far (Really it is just the outer wall and at that it is only the north-eastern side of the wall. 

Upon completion the outer-wall will have a railing as well as some guard towers on each side of the wall.

RczicwE.jpg

Looks like a decent walkway around the perimeter! Id chop wood for you but I'm only sneaking a few minuets online while my fiancee finishes dinner. 

This is just what i have been looking for! I loved roleplay servers, but they all kinda broke the roleplay vibe for me due to not having a town to start it from. That's why I would like to join and help the community once i get some spare time(two days). I would like and also do whatever it takes to get a seat on the council. Being on the council would work better for me since i won't be able to go on as many long loot runs or time demanding task, Because i will be going afk frequently due to work and especially for my newborn son. I can be on several hours a day just not all at once. I could have course offer you ideas and feed back on the town. I would take our survival, safety, and happiness into every decision i would make or agree/disagree for the leader to make. I'm sure you would love to have me join as much as id love to. Thanks for the consideration. 

RczicwE.jpg

Ill help you chop wood, tell me the server ip and tell me where you are, and ill be more than happy to help :)

RczicwE.jpg

Looks like a decent walkway around the perimeter! Id chop wood for you but I'm only sneaking a few minuets online while my fiancee finishes dinner. 

This is just what i have been looking for! I loved roleplay servers, but they all kinda broke the roleplay vibe for me due to not having a town to start it from. That's why I would like to join and help the community once i get some spare time(two days). I would like and also do whatever it takes to get a seat on the council. Being on the council would work better for me since i won't be able to go on as many long loot runs or time demanding task, Because i will be going afk frequently due to work and especially for my newborn son. I can be on several hours a day just not all at once. I could have course offer you ideas and feed back on the town. I would take our survival, safety, and happiness into every decision i would make or agree/disagree for the leader to make. I'm sure you would love to have me join as much as id love to. Thanks for the consideration. 

Well i am very happy this town is what you are looking for :), and well this town will have its OOC moments but we will try to stay as IC as possible.

And as i have told many people do not feel bad or anything if you cannot get on 24/7, 1 player who can get on once a day for 2 hours is better than no one at all.