Realistic Kentucky Firearms Mod 2.26

Pravus

all the guns dont require ammo, what has happened? also all 12g shotguns dont shoot and it comes up with an error, the error is something about the 12g ammo missing or somthing il try to get the exact message for you soon. so HOW DO I FIX THE WHOLE GUNS NOT NEEDING AMMO THING! is it a missing folder or something cause ive reinstalled it twice.

RKF v2.0 released!  I've been tinkering with this for weeks now so the list of changes is enormous and, frankly, I lost track of many of them, lol.  The new distribution system (thanks in large part due to script revision suggestions made by Talksintext and NCrawler) is the closest I've ever gotten to what I envisioned when I first set out to create this mod package.  Feel free to leave feedback on all the new items/systems/revisions!

Awesome mod dude! Hope the spawnrates for the weapons and ammo are not to high, if that´s the case than I freaking love this mod!

Is all of this working in MP aswell (build28)?

Oh and if you plan on adding even more not gun-related stuff like the lockpicking do you plan a namechange?

Awesome mod dude! Hope the spawnrates for the weapons and ammo are not to high, if that´s the case than I freaking love this mod!

Is all of this working in MP aswell (build28)?

Oh and if you plan on adding even more not gun-related stuff like the lockpicking do you plan a namechange?

Thanks so much!  The spawn rates are at their lowest ever!  I spent 3 days in balance testing before I released it to tweak the spawn rates to my own personal taste and to meet the criticisms I've heard the most from players.  I think it has a very good feel to it now.  In standard RKF (not Apocalypse Edition.  The Apocalypse Kit's initial ammo loadout is still substantial since its representative of my real life emergency ammo horde.  Of course, once its gone...) its a legitimate challenge to find a usable weapon with more than a couple of rounds without breaking into the gun store or stumbling upon an ultra rare spawn.

As far as I'm aware it should be 100% compatible with all Build 28 features so multiplayer should work as long as everyone has the same version of the mod installed.

Not sure about a name change.  The thought has crossed my mind but I am kind of attached to the RKF moniker.  We'll see as the future unfolds.

*Hotfixed to v2.01 to fix a sound error I missed in testing with the hunting rifles*

*Randomly stumbled upon a fix for the normal and hardcore difficulty reloading issue so another quick hotfix! now v2.02*

Edited by Pravus

Question, does the apocalypse edition work with build 28?

Yes it does!  The Apocalypse Edition is a simultaneously developed additional release of the original RKF mod.  Whenever one gets updated, the other does as well.

Oh. I have it installed, but whenever I press the end key, nothing happens.

Hmmm, I'm not sure what could cause that to happen.  I double checked the files of the release and everything is in order.  Are you certain you have the Apocalyse Edition downloaded and installed and not standard RKF (The Apocalypse Kit spawn file is removed in standard RKF)?  What version of Project Zomboid (steam, desura, etc.) are you running and on what operating system?

Oh I found out why, I forgot to uninstall the original version so that overwrote the apocalypse editon

Ah, ok.  Glad to know there wasn't some more serious bug I overlooked.  =)  Hope you enjoy the new content!

Although there is one problem I noticed, which is that with this mod installed, I am unable to interact with items in my inventory in certain ways, such as ripping bandages. The option is there, but it does not allow me to click it. It will let me eat, equip, and drop, but anything else it won't let me do. I have tried this with and without the mod, and with the mod installed this problem happens.

The mod works fine, but this particular glitch happens whenever its enabled.

I've noticed that while playing, when I right click any type of clothing item, or sheet, I can't rip bandages, or craft a sheet rope. Also, you can't unfold a pocket knife, or search a mangled bug out bag. The options appear when you right click the items, but it doesn't recognize that you've clicked them.

Although there is one problem I noticed, which is that with this mod installed, I am unable to interact with items in my inventory in certain ways, such as ripping bandages. The option is there, but it does not allow me to click it. It will let me eat, equip, and drop, but anything else it won't let me do. I have tried this with and without the mod, and with the mod installed this problem happens.

The mod works fine, but this particular glitch happens whenever its enabled.

I've noticed that while playing, when I right click any type of clothing item, or sheet, I can't rip bandages, or craft a sheet rope. Also, you can't unfold a pocket knife, or search a mangled bug out bag. The options appear when you right click the items, but it doesn't recognize that you've clicked them.

Hmmm, that is strange.  I'll look into what could be causing the issue and attempt to put out a patch asap.

*Follow up: I've just reinstalled the download available v2.02 of the mod and attempted each of the actions you were unable to perform but they all worked flawlessly on my end.  I also looked over the script briefly to see if there was anything that immediately jumped out as a probably cause for incompatibility and didn't see anything that looked like it could have been related to your issue.

What operating system are you running, what version of the pz client are you using (steam, desura, etc.), and is it the IWBUMS build 28 client?  Also, not to sound insulting but are you sure you installed it correctly?  Some of the files in this release modify core files from the PZ client so a mistake like installing directly to your install directory could could have severe unforeseen consequences.  I'm afraid I'm going to need more information from the both of you before I can track down anything definitive.

Edited by Pravus

I completely uninstalled project zomboid and reinstalled it through steam, checked to make sure none of my files were saved, then installed RKF as the only mod, and started a new world on sandbox with all of the default settings. As soon as it started I tried to rip bandages from the shirt that my character was wearing and it didn't work. I installed it by opening up the ZIP, copying the folder and placing it into the mods folder. I have windows 8.1 and I'm using the latest version through steam which I believe is 27.1. I have been neglecting PZ recently and came back to find that build 28 was released, although I don't know how to install it, if you could give me instructions that would be great.

I have been neglecting PZ recently and came back to find that build 28 was released, although I don't know how to install it, if you could give me instructions that would be great.

Read with care: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/9298-iwbums-release-build-28/

Harakka is correct.  This is undoubtedly the culprit.  Make sure to read the material linked at the beginning of the thread Harakka recommended here: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4183-iwbums-the-i-will-backup-my-save-branch/

That link explains how to access the IWBUMS testing branch of PZ which is now required to run RKFmod.  Build 28 introduced *significant* changes to the way firearms operate in the game and as a result RKF had to have much of its script modified or completely rewritten to remain compatible.  Keep in mind Build 28 is still in IWBUMS testing and may be somewhat unstable at times.  I upgraded RKF to be compliant early due to the fact that, though the new script may not "officially" be in the released game yet, the changes made will be part of PZ from the point of Build 28's public release and onward.  I feel its better to be prepared than caught unaware.

Good luck and let me know if this does not fix your issue!

I have been neglecting PZ recently and came back to find that build 28 was released, although I don't know how to install it, if you could give me instructions that would be great.

Read with care: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/9298-iwbums-release-build-28/

Thanks.

I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not, but I wasted 12, 12 guage shells from my ithica model 37 shotgun shooting at a zombie from point blank, and I didn't hit him. I'm going to assume that, that's a glitch, if not, that must be a very innacurate shotgun.

I ran into a problem with RKF activated. Whenever i try to place a campfire i can´t find a valid place. Near Walls, objects and under the player the campfire is shown red, as in "not placeable here", but in plain field it just vanishes and wont let me place it.

Thanks for the report!  I checked into this and was able to reproduce the errant behavior.  I'm currently putting together a fix and it will be included in the next version update.