Realistic Kentucky Firearms Mod 2.26

Pravus

I assure u, i know Pravus since the first releas of RKF and i belive he will be thankfull for supprorting his mod while he is offline.

Also, about the issues - i fixed everything i cloud but still there are several things i can't do, naimly this happens when you try to light up a fire using any literature:

-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: create -- file: ISBaseTimedAction.lua line # 46function: begin -- file: ISBaseTimedAction.lua line # 52function: addToQueue -- file: ISTimedActionQueue.lua line # 26function: add -- file: ISTimedActionQueue.lua line # 97function: onLightFromLiterature -- file: ISCampingMenu.lua line # 223function: onMouseUp -- file: ISContextMenu.lua line # 78

Alright, I think I found your problem.

Here is how you can fix it yourself. Keep in mind this is a bandage and will need a full update of the mod to ensure there are no other issues with this.

In the RKF mod folder go to: media/lua/client/camping/ISUI

Open up the only .lua there (ISCampingMenu.lua)

go to the entry that looks like this:

ISCampingMenu.onLightFromLiterature = function(worldobjects, player, literature, lighter, campfire)

if luautils.walkAdj(campfire:getSquare()) then

ISTimedActionQueue.add(ISLightFromLiterature:new(getSpecificPlayer(player), literature, lighter, campfire, 100));

end

end

It should start around line 221.

replace it with this:

ISCampingMenu.onLightFromLiterature = function(worldobjects, player, literature, lighter, campfire, fuelAmt)

local playerObj = getSpecificPlayer(player)

if playerObj:isEquipped(literature) then

ISTimedActionQueue.add(ISUnequipAction:new(playerObj, literature, 50));

end

ISTimedActionQueue.add(ISLightFromLiterature:new(playerObj, literature, lighter, campfire, fuelAmt, 100));

end

end

Looks like it wasn't working because they added the fuelAmt tag to this code.

Edit:

If that does not work you may need to delete the entire LUA from the mod folder for now as all you would be losing is the ability to use the magnesium shavings I think and there are some significant seeming changes to the entire block of that code on the Base side.

I assure u, i know Pravus since the first releas of RKF and i belive he will be thankfull for supprorting his mod while he is offline.

Also, about the issues - i fixed everything i cloud but still there are several things i can't do, naimly this happens when you try to light up a fire using any literature:

-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: create -- file: ISBaseTimedAction.lua line # 46function: begin -- file: ISBaseTimedAction.lua line # 52function: addToQueue -- file: ISTimedActionQueue.lua line # 26function: add -- file: ISTimedActionQueue.lua line # 97function: onLightFromLiterature -- file: ISCampingMenu.lua line # 223function: onMouseUp -- file: ISContextMenu.lua line # 78

Here is how you can fix it yourself. Keep in mind this is a bandage and will need a full update of the mod to ensure there are no other issues with this.

ISCampingMenu.onLightFromLiterature = function(worldobjects, player, literature, lighter, campfire)

ISTimedActionQueue.add(ISLightFromLiterature:new(getSpecificPlayer(player), literature, lighter, campfire, 100));

end

end

replace it with this:

ISCampingMenu.onLightFromLiterature = function(worldobjects, player, literature, lighter, campfire, fuelAmt)

end

ISTimedActionQueue.add(ISLightFromLiterature:new(playerObj, literature, lighter, campfire, fuelAmt, 100));

end

end

Edit:

If that does not work you may need to delete the entire LUA from the mod folder for now as all you would be losing is the ability to use the magnesium shavings I think and there are some significant seeming changes to the entire block of that code on the Base side.

yep, as mantioned above - it starts the event but does't end it, the game looks a bit freezed

end

end

replace it with this:

end

end

end

Edit:

yep, as mantioned above - it starts the event but does't end it, the game looks a bit freezed

Then for now until that entire file gets updated I would remove it from the RKF folder, I will see what I can do about updating that file.

**clipped**

Alright:

I *think* I fixed the file. replace the same named file in your RKF file with this:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/a5fs9d7vmdp8m4u/ISCampingMenu.lua

I'm not sure, because after updating this file i wasn't able to place a campfire or interact with already placed one, so i belive thers something still wrong with it.

**clipped**

Alright:

I *think* I fixed the file. replace the same named file in your RKF file with this:

I'm not sure, because after updating this file i wasn't able to place a campfire or interact with already placed one, so i belive thers something still wrong with it.

Does it work without the file?

**clipped**

Alright:

Well it works with the old file. I can set up a fireplace, can light it with those new items (magnesium lighter, tinder bundle) and petrol can, can load it with firing stuff but cant light it up with literature.

Using your file made it just unworkable. I mean, everything.

**clipped**

Alright:

Well it works with the old file. I can set up a fireplace, can light it with those new items (magnesium lighter, tinder bundle) and petrol can, can load it with firing stuff but cant light it up with literature.

Using your file made it just unworkable. I mean, everything.

I mean't does it work without the file altogether? I am trying to pin down where the error is. It might be a combination of the camping LUA file and the related items in the script files.

With build 30 we can't access new sandbox options :( Keep trying with build 30 to see if there anything doesn't work !

It is entirely possible the mod needs a complete overhaul at this point. Which is kind of the reason I have been holding off on finishing mine... so many moving parts with development.

that happens a lot on PZ, every new build has a chance of making a mod obsolete until someone finds a way to "adjust" it

unfortunately, Pravus had some computer troubles, so it may be a bit before this gets "adjusted" again

I am interested in the modified lockpicking component added by this mod! I had previously tried to edit out the weapons component leaving just the building/parka/lockpicking for use with the sustainMod but was too much of a headache to.

Did you need to make any changes to the actual lockpicking code?

• 3 weeks later...

I just succeeded in getting the entire mod to work I believe. Fixed the sandbox option screen, and all of the items I have tested so far appear to work. I spawned all the items by pressing the end key, so something I haven't checked is if they actually spawn naturally in the world. I'll post back with more deets.

I just succeeded in getting the entire mod to work I believe. Fixed the sandbox option screen, and all of the items I have tested so far appear to work. I spawned all the items by pressing the end key, so something I haven't checked is if they actually spawn naturally in the world. I'll post back with more deets.

Man if it works, PLEASE can you share it? Maybe PM if you don't wanna post it.

Yea sure thing, I'm still kind of tinkering around making sure there isn't some glaring flaw I'm missing. So far so good, stuff is spawning correctly too it seems.

Yea sure thing, I'm still kind of tinkering around making sure there isn't some glaring flaw I'm missing. So far so good, stuff is spawning correctly too it seems.

i recomend you to test some guns and building as well as other implemented functions. I tried to fix it myself but im to noob in lua

i recomend you to test some guns and building as well as other implemented functions. I tried to fix it myself but im to noob in lua

The guns I've tested work. But apparently the new "construct" mechanic in this mod doesnt quite work. the context menu pops up, but I cant actually craft. I'll keep working on it. lockpicking actually isn't working atm either. Anyways, SOME progress has been made haha, ill keep ya posted.

Update: So there are a number of things that are broken still. I'm going to go to sleep, but I will continue to try and fix what remains to be fixed. If it's all beyond me I'll do my best to at least get what DOES work separated from what doesn't.

Update 2: I gave up on getting everything to work, but now I'm trying to salvage what I can. Fixed a couple game breaking bugs, (sledgehammer couldn't destroy, axe couldn't chop trees, etc.) but I'm slow at this because I know nothing about lua.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When I activate this mod my game acts really weird for example all advanced sandbox options disappear and I cant right click on any items haven't checked for anything else??? Its only THIS mod doing it and it is SUPER weird. I always play about with mods and deleted all other mods but still isn't working. Does anyone know where I'm going wrong?

• 2 weeks later...