Realistic Kentucky Firearms Mod 2.26

Pravus

Okay I have just returned to the game after several months away to find RFK in my mods list and thought this looks kewl. However I am unable to load any weapons what so ever with ammo. I have matched the correct ammo type to correct weapon in my inventory and nothing work, not right clicking and selecting the reload option and R no longer seems to be an option as this is now bound to rotating buildings in my options. I have closed down client and restarted. I am updated through steam. Is there something I am missing? I would really like to be able to use these guns, I have no problem finding the guns or ammo, just can't seem to get them to load or reload. 

EDIT: Well it seems to work fine in the beta build on Steam just not stable. Maybe that is what I was missing. 

Hey, guys!

I wanted to apologize for being less available to respond to questions and feedback lately.  Things IRL have been busy and stressful lately and I've been using what little time I have to myself to relax and decompress.  I am going to be doing some updates to RKF in the future but I haven't had as much time as usual to work on it as diligently right now as I have in the past.  Once things calm down some I'll do my best to update RKF to comparability with IWBUMS Build 29.

I'll make a spoiler below with a quick summary of my latest adventures, lol.  Those of you who remember me talking about how I've been plagued by improbable levels of bad luck and didn't believe me need only read on.  Seriously, these streams of successive negativity are so common in my experience that I don't even get upset about them anymore.  I just shrug and wait for the next calamity, lol.

I've been fighting with my insurance for months regarding their refusal to pay for a referral visit I attended back in April (Seriously, the situation is ludicrous.  I called the referred physician's office a week before the visit and was told they were definitively in network.  Then over the course of two and half months, as they started sending out notices that they hadn't received payment, my insurance provider on multiple occasions tried to pass the responsibility off to me then gave me incorrect information claiming that there was some error on their end and that they would take care of it before finally "investigating" the matter, deciding that they aren't responsible, and finally wiping their hands of the matter.).  I was advised by the lady delivering the news that my appeal had *again* been denied that at this point my only option was to file a "personal grievance" with the company, hope some compassionate soul would be willing to consider my account of events, and reverse their decision.

I was already exhausted and dreading this bothersome chore when my computer crashed harder than I've ever seen it do before.  Apparently a portion of the kernel became corrupted and it took me nearly four days of troubleshooting and maintenance to return my operating system to stable usability for more than a couple minutes at a time.

Then I found out that my mother had been fired from her job of many years with the reason given that she "was an excellent employee and great worker but they didn't like her attitude."  This happened to occur on the twentieth anniversary of my father's death...

Following all of that, one night I was trying to do some work on my computer when I felt a sensation like an insect jumping from the top of my forehead.  I sometimes feel odd sensations with no apparent cause so I wasn't overly concerned  ...until I looked down at my stomach and saw what appeared to be a tiny, grub like insect.  I quickly walked to the kitchen and knocked it into a plastic baggie then tried to figure out what it was on the internet.

The closest matches I could find were "body lice" or a "bed bug."  I was not amused.

I knew I didn't have body lice and, living in an apartment, I was concerned any possible bed bug infestation could spread uncontrollably so I called maintenance to file a report.  After days of back and forth with management trying to get things checked out and my precautionary evacuation of the apartment, pest control examined the specimen I caught at the lab and informed me it wasn't a bed bug.

...it was a carpet beetle larvae (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varied_carpet_beetle).  Obviously we had to get rid of the things as soon as possible so earlier today pest control returned and saturated my carpet with some sort of caustic chemical.  I was told whatever he sprayed would "kill just about anything," not to walk barefoot for a while, and that I should "step outside if the fumes started to get to me."

* Finds a pile of Taurus Raging Bulls and other cool guns in the Gun Store. No .44 ammo. Bah!

The Colt AR-15 though. 300 rounds between the two lockers in the Police Station and the Gun Store. :D

One thing that I would be interested in if you're willing to take suggestions would be Jungle Mags. Perhaps a little redundant, and I'm not sure if viable in gameplay (ie would they just increase reload speed, rather than ammo cap which could be achieved by extended mags and drums), but they're something I could picture in a survivalist situation. ...The actual implementation, besides effects, could be tricky (would you just duct tape the mags, or use dedicated clips, or both, with the later giving an advantage). ...Ah, but I'm rambling a bit here. Just something I was thinking about as my character ran about with all those bullets and an obvious need to run out of them fast. =)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, guys!

I wanted to apologize for being less available to respond to questions and feedback lately.  Things IRL have been busy and stressful lately and I've been using what little time I have to myself to relax and decompress.  I am going to be doing some updates to RKF in the future but I haven't had as much time as usual to work on it as diligently right now as I have in the past.  Once things calm down some I'll do my best to update RKF to comparability with IWBUMS Build 29.

I'll make a spoiler below with a quick summary of my latest adventures, lol.  Those of you who remember me talking about how I've been plagued by improbable levels of bad luck and didn't believe me need only read on.  Seriously, these streams of successive negativity are so common in my experience that I don't even get upset about them anymore.  I just shrug and wait for the next calamity, lol.

I've been fighting with my insurance for months regarding their refusal to pay for a referral visit I attended back in April (Seriously, the situation is ludicrous.  I called the referred physician's office a week before the visit and was told they were definitively in network.  Then over the course of two and half months, as they started sending out notices that they hadn't received payment, my insurance provider on multiple occasions tried to pass the responsibility off to me then gave me incorrect information claiming that there was some error on their end and that they would take care of it before finally "investigating" the matter, deciding that they aren't responsible, and finally wiping their hands of the matter.).  I was advised by the lady delivering the news that my appeal had *again* been denied that at this point my only option was to file a "personal grievance" with the company, hope some compassionate soul would be willing to consider my account of events, and reverse their decision.

I was already exhausted and dreading this bothersome chore when my computer crashed harder than I've ever seen it do before.  Apparently a portion of the kernel became corrupted and it took me nearly four days of troubleshooting and maintenance to return my operating system to stable usability for more than a couple minutes at a time.

Then I found out that my mother had been fired from her job of many years with the reason given that she "was an excellent employee and great worker but they didn't like her attitude."  This happened to occur on the twentieth anniversary of my father's death...

Following all of that, one night I was trying to do some work on my computer when I felt a sensation like an insect jumping from the top of my forehead.  I sometimes feel odd sensations with no apparent cause so I wasn't overly concerned  ...until I looked down at my stomach and saw what appeared to be a tiny, grub like insect.  I quickly walked to the kitchen and knocked it into a plastic baggie then tried to figure out what it was on the internet.

The closest matches I could find were "body lice" or a "bed bug."  I was not amused.

I knew I didn't have body lice and, living in an apartment, I was concerned any possible bed bug infestation could spread uncontrollably so I called maintenance to file a report.  After days of back and forth with management trying to get things checked out and my precautionary evacuation of the apartment, pest control examined the specimen I caught at the lab and informed me it wasn't a bed bug.

...it was a carpet beetle larvae (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varied_carpet_beetle).  Obviously we had to get rid of the things as soon as possible so earlier today pest control returned and saturated my carpet with some sort of caustic chemical.  I was told whatever he sprayed would "kill just about anything," not to walk barefoot for a while, and that I should "step outside if the fumes started to get to me."

Sorry about your unfortunate events lately. I hope things get better.

Alright, if anyone is having a problem with the fireaxe not cutting down trees due to this mod do the following

Go to the RKF mod folder.

Go to media, scripts and open up the RKFMelee file.

Go to the bottom of the axe entry there and paste this in

BreakSound  =   PZ_WoodSnap,
        TreeDamage  =   35,

It should work after that.

Hope that helps until he updates!

Alright, if anyone is having a problem with the fireaxe not cutting down trees due to this mod do the following

Go to the RKF mod folder.

Go to media, scripts and open up the RKFMelee file.

Go to the bottom of the axe entry there and paste this in

BreakSound  =   PZ_WoodSnap,

TreeDamage  =   35,

It should work after that.

Hope that helps until he updates!

Hm, my Axe is fine but my sledgehammer is not working.

Hm, my Axe is fine but my sledgehammer is not working.

Was the axe working fine before copy/pasting what I said?

As for the sledgehammer, mine was working correctly w/RKF, what other mods do you have loaded?

I haven't sone anything with my axe, because everything was working fine. I got following mods:

Ap/Com

Brutal Key v1

Canning Mod

Craftable Molotov Cocktails

FireFighting

Fletchery 

LuaNet

Marijuanna

RKF

Spraypaint

WaterPipes

looks lie non ow them got sledgehammer in it.  Brutal Key v1 is a bit modded and all items from there are cut out.

Can you show yours Sledgehammer codr form main items.txt?

Hers my to compare:

item Sledgehammer	{		MaxRange	=	1.9,		WeaponSprite	=	Sledgehammer,		MinAngle	=	0.2,		Type	=	Weapon,		MinimumSwingTime	=	4,		EnduranceMod	=	6,		KnockBackOnNoDeath	=	TRUE,		SwingAmountBeforeImpact	=	0.04,		Categories	=	Blunt,		ConditionLowerChanceOneIn	=	40,		Weight	=	6,		SplatNumber	=	1,		PushBackMod	=	1,		MaxDamage	=	3,		SubCategory	=	Swinging,		ConditionMax	=	10,		MaxHitCount	=	3,		DoorDamage	=	40,		IdleAnim	=	Idle_Weapon2,		CantAttackWithLowestEndurance	=	TRUE,		SwingAnim	=	Sledgehammer,		WeaponWeight	=	6,		DisplayName	=	Sledgehammer,		MinRange	=	0.7,		SwingTime	=	4,		DoorHitSound	=	sledgehammer,		MinDamage	=	2,		KnockdownMod	=	3,		SplatBloodOnNoDeath	=	FALSE,		Icon	=	Sledgehamer,		RunAnim	=	Run_Weapon2,        TwoHandWeapon = TRUE,        BreakSound  =   PZ_WoodSnap,        TreeDamage  =   10,	}

Dko112,

I will when I get home (currently at work) but we should probably move this off the RKF thread as it probably has nothing to do with it. I will make a post for you under the PZ Support section and PM the link to you when I get there. (This will be several hours so don't hold your breath too long)

Dko112,

I will when I get home (currently at work) but we should probably move this off the RKF thread as it probably has nothing to do with it. I will make a post for you under the PZ Support section and PM the link to you when I get there. (This will be several hours so don't hold your breath too long)

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/11053-sledgehammer-not-working/#entry141271

Upon trying to fire the Savage Mark II, it started saying that it couldn't find a sound file for the shot and sent my game into hysterics. It said that it was looking for 22RifleRifle.ogg.

I took the sound file 22RifleFire.ogg, copied it, renamed the copy to 22RifleRifle, and it worked fine after restarting the game.

Of course, I managed to create a super horde testing it out, but that's beside the point.

Pravus,

Are you by chance taking requests for guns to add? I would be willing to help you out with coding/assets in return for inclusion... please?

EDIT: Or, if you don't want my help/inclusion of new guns would you allow me to make an expansion mod to yours?

no, axe is still not works even if i cut it from melee file at all.

There is something in new items which must be created after tree cut.

Campfire can't be ignited (can be ignited with gas and matches or lighter, literature dont works), construction is broken also.

2 Pravus.

Any waypoint how to cut anything else and left only weapons and weapon upgrades in mod?

Somekind of light version of mod?

P.S.
Axe starts to work.
2 solutions

1st
remove file
C:\Users\Your_user_name\Zomboid\mods\RKFmod\media\scripts\newitems.txt

2nd
Not to remove file, edit it. Just insert this to newitems.txt after
/************************Normal************************/ 
string

must be inserted fragment

item Twigs
{
Weight = 0.1,
Type = Normal,
DisplayName = Twigs,
Icon = Twigs,
}

item TreeBranch
{
Weight = 0.2,
Type = Normal,
DisplayName = Tree Branch,
Icon = Branch,
}

item Stone
    {
        Weight = 0.3,
        Type = Normal,
        DisplayName = Stone,
        Icon = Rock,
    }

item SharpedStone
    {
        Weight = 0.3,
        Type = Normal,
        DisplayName = Chipped Stone,
        Icon = RockSharpened,
    }

no, axe is still not works even if i cut it from melee file at all.

There is something in new items which must be created after tree cut.

... (Cut because it was so long)

What other mods do you have installed

This is the only mod (besides the CCC) that I have installed and the above axe fix did it for me.

Can you post your axe entry? (just so I can check that you did it right)

Got only 2 mods kentucky firearms and pay no lost weapons mod

There is no problem in melee scripts. Problem in game which tryes to create new items due to the version. Items are tree branch and twigs, which are missing in file of kentucky newitems.txt. Also there are missing some new items for foraging skill - stone and sharped stone.

After adding this 4 items (for lumberjack we need only 2 first in our newitems.txt) axe works even with original kentucky melee file

item Axe

{

MaxRange = 1.5,

WeaponSprite = Fireaxe,

MinAngle = 0.2,

Type = Weapon,

MinimumSwingTime = 3.0,

KnockBackOnNoDeath = TRUE,

SwingAmountBeforeImpact = 0.002,

Categories = Axe,

ConditionLowerChanceOneIn = 30,

Weight = 3,

SplatNumber = 1,

PushBackMod = 0.3,

MaxDamage = 2.5,

SubCategory = Swinging,

ConditionMax = 15,

MaxHitCount = 2,

DoorDamage = 35,

IdleAnim = Idle_Weapon2,

SwingAnim = Bat,

CriticalChance = 20,

WeaponWeight = 3,

DisplayName = Axe,

MinRange = 0.61,

SwingTime = 3.0,

HitAngleMod = -30,

MinDamage = 1,

SplatSize = 5,

KnockdownMod = 2,

SplatBloodOnNoDeath = TRUE,

Icon = Axe,

RunAnim = Run_Weapon2,

TwoHandWeapon = TRUE,

}

1st

remove file
C:\Users\Your_user_name\Zomboid\mods\RKFmod\media\scripts\newitems.txt

Does this solution negatively impact any part of the mod, though?

I would have to think it would... It had to have been included fro a reason...

Arbitrary deletion of files usually is not a good idea...

The reason I asked is because it didn't look like there were any items specifically added by the mod in the file, but I don't know how that file interacts with other things.

So if it's needed by other parts of the mod, then it might be necessary. Otherwise, just deleting it would probably be the better bet.

Checked old mod and new file of original game.

Kentucky file lacks of

stoneaxes (some new weapon like weapon from tree branches), some type of foraging skill (stones and sharped stones) and lumberjack (tree branches, twigs) items, there are no insects for fishing (cockroaches, grasshoppers), some animation and sounds like sound for openng and closing bags, animtaion for drinking bleach etc.

Important. new version of zomboid got a some new weapon modifications. Still we have no original weapons to combine them with.

So no big troubles for deleting it for me. If care of old file just edit it with new items, it will do axe workable.

Checked old mod and new file of original game.

Kentucky file lacks of

stoneaxes (some new weapon like weapon from tree branches), some type of foraging skill (stones and sharped stones) and lumberjack (tree branches, twigs) items, there are no insects for fishing (cockroaches, grasshoppers), some animation and sounds like sound for openng and closing bags, animtaion for drinking bleach etc.

Important. new version of zomboid got a some new weapon modifications. Still we have no original weapons to combine them with.

So no big troubles for deleting it for me. If care of old file just edit it with new items, it will do axe workable.

You make a good point, so the best option would be an amalgum of our two ideas. Update the axe and insert the missing  newitem lines into the RKF mod...

Agreeable?