Should i call off and play Zomboid again?

IronCoffins

Not sure why this thread was made in the end . . . the answer is going to be a personal judgement call, whether the rest of the forum approves of your decision or not.

Personally, I don't. It's deceptive, whether it's calling in sick or just not notifying anyone at all.  But, then again, I haven't been employed in a very long time.

Edit: Ah, nevermind. Got caught up in the morality debate and somehow deprocessed the actual question.

^_^Yea i should have named the topic "Calling off work to play PZ" "not should I call off to play PZ."

The should i part is giving the morality issue into play here, since now ppl have there own opinion on if its right or not and all that crap. But dam i cant believe that no matter what question you ask, you rarely get a straight answer, and if you do, its usually diluted with non relevant information.

Why i made this topic was simple, I've called off playing hookey and i wanted to just hear other peoples reason too as why they do it. In this case takin that extra time off was just for me and doing whatever i pleased, in this case played games ,and PZ has allways been one of them for awhile now, i mean if anyone really wants a detailed list I've worked 3 jobs in 5yrs(not all at the same time) and would say my attendance rate has been 90% or higher usually for the year.so that's 110% of zomboid playing. How you ask? simple. 100% on my official times off and 10% from the days i call off :P

Just amazes me how some get so upset over spilled milk like this? calling of to play a game, wow universes collide on that one, i could only imagine how bad it would be over anything else, like vanilla or chocolate flavor for instance lol. 

I was gonna put them on here but im kinda in a hurry, but there pretty funny, just go to google images and type in "calling off work", theres quit a few funny pics i found.

Re Railing thread?

I can think of at least a couple times I've called a sickey in. The first was waaay back in 05 for the release of Star Wars Galaxies Rage of the wookiees. Both me and my best friend ran with the "we don't feel well" and got a couple days off school, he managed two, i got three :D

I can remember a couple years later my guild in wow, about 5 or 6 of them all called a week off work for Burning Crusade i joined them for the first day but wasn't that dedicated to the cause tbh.

the latest one I did was for SW: The Old Republic, I remember getting the week long Beta invite, instantly called my work i had to have a minor op on my ankle, best week ever...

I guess it changes as you get older, or totally depends on the game, I haven't skipped anything big for one in awhile, Still i occasionally take a day off uni for a bit of escapism, Everyone needs it

Seriously, why the heck would you work a job if it was tedious, boring, and something you didn't get out of bed each morning looking forward to starting?

Well maybe to afford food and rent for yourself and your family.

Who are you to judge?

True story... Living is expensive :/

But I'm lucky in a way, I don't have to call off, I sneaky play zomboid at the office :3

But if I had to call off to play Zomboid I would say : "I'm feeling Queasy, I need to take things easy"

You're clearly a better human being than half of us, Realmkeeper.

And I poop rainbows, yet I called in sick some times.

Not for a game. Was playing with the thought but nah. It doesn't have this "recreational" value to me.

GTA V had me excited but I ended up using a day of vacation.

I got the day off from my boss for PZ's Steam launch, which was really coolski.

Not sure how calling in sick means you hate your job.

It's great if you're in love with your job, but I doubt you're jumping out of your bed every day with a smile on your face while skip-jumping to your work and dancing around people.

There are days better spent elsewhere.

Seriously, why the heck would you work a job if it was tedious, boring, and something you didn't get out of bed each morning looking forward to starting?

Well maybe to afford food and rent for yourself and your family.

Who are you to judge?

Has nothing to do with judging at all, it's common sense.

I skipped school to play Dark Age of Camelot quite often. I just told them I was ill, no details.

I've never missed a day of work due to computer games or hobby activities except once when I was attending a football tournament with my team in another country for a week.

I might think about calling in sick to have a day of Zomboiding. If I wasn't only getting five hours a week on a fekking checkout.

Seriously. Twenty-four years old as of last Friday, and I'm yet to get a [REDACTED]ing full-time job. Let alone one relevant to my degree :/

I've taken one fake sickie day, and that was to have sex...

However, I'm generally against it. I appreciate what you're saying Rath, as someone who went through some rubbish when I was younger, it's frustrating on the edge. When things started to go well a couple of years ago, I didn't want to ever let go of that, so I generally do extra hours everyday. Also, it's an organasational nightmare if I call in sick short notice.

Diablo 3 Release!! I took the friday off (had a holiday on thursday anyway) to play D3 .. .And wasn't able to get on the servers until monday after work.......................................... Yay.... Played some Diablo and some Diablo 2:LoD instead though........

Oh, and the monday when we got online, we noticed in 10h of gaming, it sucked......... :(  Back to D2:LoD ! :)

Best you still keep to your job. Maybe make time (Days off officially) in the weekends. Best to keep at work as much as you can to keep yourself at a stable profit. Even though PZ is an ultra addictive game  (tophat)

LOLOL what's a weekend?  Oh right, it's those three days where I work 12 hour shifts :cry:

But seriously, I've never called off to play a game, I've just prescheduled days off for my favorite releases (Sims 3, ESO, Spore, Fallout: New Vegas, and a couple of others).  I work in a 911 dispatch center, so if I call off it actually could jeopardize the health and well being of more than just me.  If they can't find coverage for my last minute absence, then they are short a person, which means one less person to take calls and dispatch ambulances.  Kind of a big deal.

I agree with Realmkeeper.  Prescheduling is best.  I 100% agree with those of you that said you need time to yourself and to break up the monotony, but do it in a way where you aren't screwing over a coworker.  I mean come on, we've ALL been on the other side of that.

I used to do it earlier in school, sometimes when we had project days like woodworking something (i was good at that, but I simply didnt have ANYTHING at all that I could build with wood) and then called of sick on that. Once I also had a cold, and it was a rather minor one when my teacher thought it was a more major one, I used that to my advantage and went home at that for some more aliens vs predator 2.

But when i have a job, definitely not. Depends, aswell, in my internship as a painter and refinisher (had to wake up at 4am because it was very far away and started at 7am, that was the only thing i didnt like that much) I pretty much enjoyed everything on it, from the usual work to just having some nice chats with the colleagues when we had breaks. It was also nice working on unfinished houses and seeing the happy families come in and look around the place. I would definitely not call off when I get a job like that. So I believe in school its not okay, but not a major bad thing when you stay home sometimes, but jobs are serious business and much more important than school (I also knew much more than what we have been teached in school so i didnt see any loss anyway). And when you have more important stuff in school like english, math, other languages or tests or when you think it could be bad for your friends then just wait for the weekend!

Thats my opinion to this.

yes life is hard and so much to pay, well death and taxes are two constants in life, and work of course being the 3rd, that saying if you even need to work to make a living. Good to hear that ppl do it too and some not at all. Its what makes us all human. Anyway going to try zomboid out on this laptop at my girlfriends, o man is this gonna lag, be allright though a little lag is better then no zomboid at all!