Project - Survivor Stories

Hi folks,

I'm looking for people who have survived the Zombie Apocalypse... right lets come to the core of the project. It will be to record how our lifes ended after zombies took over the world. Everybody that want's to participate only gets 1 life! If you die, you are out again.

Notice: This is under the "Community & Creativity" because I want to create some nice stories, useing the multiplayer option of the game. If an admin on this forum thinks, that this topic should be placed under multiplayer... please move it there. Thanks.

You need to be:

- a life-streamer (twitch or hitbox) or youtube uploader (lets play... etc.)
- able to speak english
- use TS3 client

Server & World:

- will be freshly started for the project
- will only be online for certain times
- will be whitelisted, of course
- pvp (friendly fire) will be on, watch where you swing that axe!

Rules:

- PvP / friendly fire must be able to hit you
- if you die, you stay dead
- Roleplay is the keyword, at least roleplay ingame
- looting of player houses is allowed (read more on that below)
- global chat is radio only! Try to add some static and the like...

examples...

• He..o, is ...bod. .here?
  • Hi, oh thanks I'm not alone *keeps running and breathes heavy* Where are you?
  • *static, then you hear* Okay, I'm running to...... you.

You get the point, I guess...

Roleplay and Teamspeak:

I cannot forbid you to use teamspeak to meet up, but would advise you still use ingame Global-Radio a few times to give general ideas on where you are and meet. Others might want to find you too.

People who are working as a group must be in the same TS channel. Once you separate you can still talk to each other in that TS channel, lets assume you and the others decided on a certain private radio channel.

Please use push to talk or push to mute while useing the TS. I'd like to keep "Viewertalk" out, remember the roleplay idea behind that project... besides. Your ingame friend doesn't need to know that your viewers want YOU to steal his chocolate...

My own TS server will be used for the project.

Oh, and your character is you! You play as a male, if you are guy in real life. Same goes for ladies. We want the voice to match the character :) Use a normal character name, no "Lifesucker", "BadAss", "KillBilly"...

Safe-houses / Player-houses:

Finding anothers safehouse... now here is the fun part. You are allowed to remove the amount of items that you can carry from any safehouse you encounter. We assume that the survivors there are on a looting trip (perhaps they are... or they are just offline). But! You are only allowed to return to that house once per weekend! You must knock down their door and break into the house. If, they have multiple doors, well good luck knocking them all down :D We assume again, that those survivors locked all (!) their doors when they went out. Doors that stand open... you can just walk through.

If you want to be realy mean and sneaky and sow suspicion amongst those you looted... replace the doors :D That will act as if you had lockpicked the doors. They will never knew you where there.

As said above, or just leave all doors... well broken. Remember you can only take the amount of items, that you can carry (overburden is allowed good luck running home).

- looting safehouses = yes, once per weekend
- carry only as much as you can handle
- closed doors = locked, you must destroy them
- not allowed to exit the game, while being in somebody elses home

There are a lot of thing you can do, if you so desire and want to play as a bad person. You can poison food, overwater crops, steal items, destroy furniture, walls and doors... lure zombies into the safehouse / zone.

Recording:

All your actions must be on record! Make sure your twitch stores your gameplay, so others can go back and watch it. If you are only into youtube videos, you can speed up boring scenes, but! ... If you break into other peoples safehouses and all actions you do there, must be in playing in realtime.

What if you (Mandarb) die ingame:

Oh, if I die... I stay dead. But being the admin... lets put it this way. My ghost will haunt you :) Honestly, it will be interesting to see how people react if gunshots noises go off near them, or a group of zombies walkes around a corner... or rain sets in during the worst time. Well, let's hope I don't die to soon in my own project.

Ending and Gametime:

It will be over, when the last person died! The less players there are, the harder survival will become. I'll keep the Server running only on the weekends, and after consulting with the participants. There is no need to keep the world running when nobody is around and water turns off... while nobody can appreciate it.

But, perhaps all of us will die during the first hours of gameplay, who knows :D Project Zomboid can be verry hard and unforgiving :)

Final thoughts...

Now I have to see who wants to take part in this project. 4 to 8 others would be cool. This is a limited time only project. Depenting on the succes and cool stories, I may do it again.

Now, off you go and drop me a message to sign up.

[Any spilling mistakes you found, in the above text, can be kept by whoever finds it. English is my 2nd language]

I have a youtube channel, but still no videos. Thinking about taking ahead a game that doesn't put me to shame. I thought about PZ, but no ideas on what to make in it. I am free on some time of the saturdays and sunday nights. Most of the day on week days. I wouldn't show up my voice, as i have always had a really abstract voice. Somedays too low, somedays too high. Depends on how i am.

Is the roleplay gonna be TOO heavy? Like, no laughing about stuff on OOC?

I thought about PZ, but no ideas on what to make in it.

I guess... just survive as long as you can :D Learn cooking, there is a lot of fun stuff you can do in and with PZ.

I wouldn't show up my voice, as i have always had a really abstract voice.

Well, that's up to you. Just remember that typing while running, will be ... a bit difficult, but not impossible :D

Is the roleplay gonna be TOO heavy? Like, no laughing about stuff on OOC?

Oh no, you can laugh as much about stuff on OOC as you like :D The Roleplay is just for useing the radio to meet up ingame... and then of course on the how to open doors on safehouses etc. Oh, and of course, once you are dead you are dead.

Unless you mean to discuss the latest game news... or hot actors from new movies... I'm not sure about to much of that talk. Normaly however if you play with others... you tend to stick to the game for most of the talk automaticly... like we need that, oh zombies here, I need help, damn it I'm bite... I need food... and make plans on how to evade zombies or players or on how to get stuff done.

Does this answer your Question? :D

Mostly. I'll think about it.

Edit : Okay, i think i am in. I hope i am not of annoyance as i have been sick these days, so hard breaths and coughing and such are mostly a routine. Also i sound like a chipmunk on helium. I lost my man voice D:

Well, 16-year-old-man-voice.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived