My Suggestions Mastah Post

TheStoryteller

My Mastah Post Poll  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Are these ideas good?

• They are all good ideas.
    • They are all bad ideas.
    • The idea about radio communication is good.
    • The idea about moving living bodies is good.
    • The idea about diseases and class abilities is good.
    • The ideas need work, but have potential to be good ideas.
    • The ideas need a lot of work, but could have potential to be good ideas.

All of my suggestions have been moved, and in the future, will be added to this post! Please feel free to leave any and all feedback or suggestions that come to mind. I'd love to add to this post, or at the very least, know what you guys think of my ideas.

Edit: I've added a poll, as I've realized that some people do not wish to take the time to respond directly to a post, when voting is much easier. This is quite alright, so please vote honestly.

Radio Communication

Orientation: Multiplayer

TL;DR: Incorporation of hand/stationary radios within the game. 

The incorporation of hand or stationary radios into the game would add a new level of communication and depth on servers. Having a hand radio, or setting up a stationary radio in your home would allow you to speak with players or NPCs on opposite sides of the map. You could browse frequencies, and stumble upon a distress call repeating every 2 minutes, or come across another player willing to trade goods for food. Maybe, even, kidnap a player, and bribe his friends over the radio, ensuring that you’re in a safe position while making your demands. This could also bring another new item into the game: the map. This could come in the form of a travel brochure, or a dedicated map of the city/town you are in, and could be used in conjunction with the radio to plot locations, player-made shelters, meet-up points, or simply any location you want to go/have been.

For example: Player 1 – we’ll call him Will – gets trapped in his home by a horde of savage face eating neighbors. Luckily, Will just installed this fancy new radio system in his living room – no wonder the neighbors are jealous – and can now call out (or set up a pre-recorded – self repeating – message), “I live down the street from Jerry’s Diner,” or “I live at coordinates 23, -243.” Player 2, Ted, happened to be listening on the same frequency Will uses, and pulls up his map alongside his radio. He then finds Jerry’s Diner, or the coordinates previously stated on his map, and marks there with a pen.

Moving Corpses/Bodies/People

Orientation: Singleplayer/Multiplayer

TL;DR: The moving of dead and LIVING bodies/people.

The moving of corpses is already being included into the game. This allows for some cool possibilities, such as stacking up piles for burning away, or – for the more sadistic – stacking up piles to send a message/make a wall. But, on top of that, the inclusion of methods to move bodies of the living could add a few new mechanics to the game that could make it even more interesting. This could benefit role play, and general game play together, and with the right tweaks, wouldn’t be incredibly unbalanced(for example: Will knocks out Ted, then drags him around for 10 hours before offing him in his sleep). The mechanic could be used in several ways.

For example: Will is incapacitated while having a run-in with the more frisky neighboring survivors, Ted finds his buddy lying in the dirt, and drags – or carries over his shoulder – his buddy to the safety of their pillow fort back home. Carrying over the shoulder/dragging the player could have buffs/de-buffs of their own; the obvious being that carrying over the shoulder would hinder movement, but would not injure the wounded player unless they had some form of chest damage, whilst on the other hand, dragging would be exponentially faster, but could risk extra damage to the injured player’s health. This could also incorporate the use of new hand-made/found items, such as stretchers and such.  

Another example: Will is the leader of a new group of super awesome survivors. However, in his hasty creation of this new coalition, he forgot to invite Ted. Ted, being the jealous type, decides that he’s going to make Will pay for stiffing him after all the things he’s done for him, so he sneaks up behind him when he’s going through the rations bin, and bonks him on the head. Will goes down, but isn’t pushing up daisies just yet. Ted leaves a note at the scene, and drags Will off to his house, and ties him up to a chair. He then calls up Will’s buddies, and demands half of their rations for their precious leader back.

Yet another example: Will, being incredibly resourceful, fidgets his way out of his bonds, and scrambles to the radio, shouting to his friends on the other side where they are. Ted, being the stronger of the two gentlemen, takes control of the situation. When Will’s friends arrive, Ted has got his arm around Will’s neck, and a pistol pressed firmly against the side of his head.

New Diseases and Class Abilities

Orientation: Singleplayer/Multiplayer

TL;DR: Includes realistic diseases for the situation, and new class-specific abilities.

Before explaining this suggestion, the idea to add diseases to the game does not stem from the idea that the game is not hard enough. However, the ultra-realistic vibe that comes with playing the game suggests that adding such things to the game would make it even more real for the player.

Simply put: Diseases that fit the situation could change gameplay a bit. In the winter, staying out without proper clothing could cause fever, and require specific medicine. Stay near the bodies of rotting corpses without properly disposing – such as burning – of them could cause any number of possibly fatal diseases, some of which bring about the second suggestion; new class-specific abilities.

For example: Ted has a habit of going zombie hunting, then piling up his kills in his living room next to his couch, chillaxing next to his trophies as he watches the static on his television. However, it just so happens that one – or forty – of the corpses has(if they were a player)/had a bad case of malaria, and now Ted is sick! However, Will was a doctor before the apocalypse, and can now examine Ted, and tell him exactly what’s wrong. Maybe even – with the proper medicine – could treat this illness, and save Ted’s life. This makes Will an essential addition to any zombie survival team, as Ted just doesn’t have the qualifications to deal with this kind of thing, being a body builder and all.

Moving bodies will be implemented in build 27, new classes are also confirmed about the others I am not actually sure but there was a thread about diseases I think.

Yes, I did read that moving corpses would soon be involved in the game. This is why I commented "The moving of corpses is already being included into the game." in the original post. However, I have heard nothing of the ability to incapacitate and move living bodies, which is what the main idea is about, not the moving of corpses.

I also am aware that classes are on the way, but I was referring to this that could be specifically done by each class, not the fact that the game needs new classes. I wrote an example saying that the doctor could have the sole ability to treat abnormal illnesses. Abilities such as this could be considered for other classes, as well. As well as some of the buffs, such as, perhaps, "Medicine is 10% more effective when used by this character on him/herself or other players."

We specifically asked that each suggestion go in a separate post, as it makes it easer for the devs to scan through them at a glance :)

My apologies! I figured if I posted it all together, and labelled each specific idea with a short description, this would make it easier for everyone.