Black screen problem on Mac (Build 21, 2.9.9.17)

Forgetabout2560

Question

When I first launched PZ, I went into options and changed a few of the options. I went to resolution, and changed it to 1920x1200, and then changed it to 2560x1440. The game worked fine at 1920x1200, but when I changed to 2560x1440, the screen changed to black, but I could still hear the title music. I couldn't quit normally, so I had to force quit it in the Activity Tracker. I reopened the game, and I still got the black screen, this time without the music, and the game closed after a few seconds. I deleted the game, re downloaded it, same problem. Deleted, re downloaded it again, and renamed the game, still the same thing. I really need help with this, I'm anxious to play this. (My OS details are OS X Mavericks 10.9.3, my Java is up to date.)

3 answers to this question

If you have a legal copy of PZ on Steam or Desura, I would highly recommend updating to the newest version as Enigma says- there's been some crucial bug fixes, especially for OS X, and huge performance increases.

Whether you update or not, going to Finder -> YourUserName -> Zomboid and deleting that file instead should sort this issue. Cheers.

I feel a little ashamed to say this, but I don't have the legal copy from Steam, I am planning to get it, but my want to play it overtook my patience, so I torrented it. That's why I'm on Build 21. Once I get the cash for the game, I'll get it legally. I really only torrent to "test drive" something, without using a demo, as they are limited, and I prefer having a full, but old copy of something to test drive it. Anyways, thanks for the help.