VPS

FoxalypticWorld

The VPS guide here is meant for Linux and while it's mentioned that using a VPS with Windows and PZ is easy I can't seem to figure it out. Maybe I'm missing something? I've never used a VPS before, so of course it's all very new for me. Any help/easy read 'guide' on what to do would be very helpful.

Thank you, 

Kill Well and Often

Are you talking about the Windows Server OS? Or normal Windows?

Normal windows. 

Well the thing is you can't really have a normal windows VPS. It's usually a Linux derivative or Windows Server. 

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/6016-multiplayer-faq/#setup

This explains how to set up a server for Windows on your own computer. If you want to have a server box that's separate from your own computer, you're really looking at Linux (don't really know anything about Windows Server OS or how Steam supports it.) Since after all that's what a VPS is, a slice of a server.

Edit: I have a feeling VPS has been mixed with hosting a server on a computer.

Are you talking about the Windows Server OS? Or normal Windows?

Normal windows. 

Well the thing is you can't really have a normal windows VPS. It's usually a Linux derivative or Windows Server. 

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/6016-multiplayer-faq/#setup

This explains how to set up a server for Windows on your own computer. If you want to have a server box that's separate from your own computer, you're really looking at Linux (don't really know anything about Windows Server OS or how Steam supports it.) Since after all that's what a VPS is, a slice of a server.

Edit: I have a feeling VPS has been mixed with hosting a server on a computer.

Thank you ^-^