Initializing Map Problem.

Midnooter

My Friend has a problem when he tries to connect to my server, ive made the ports 16261-16264 and i have one other player on the server, but when ever he joins he can create hes character and gets to the start screen but all that happens is the Initializing map text and doesnt go anywhere. Any Solutions?

My Friend has a problem when he tries to connect to my server, ive made the ports 16261-16264 and i have one other player on the server, but when ever he joins he can create hes character and gets to the start screen but all that happens is the Initializing map text and doesnt go anywhere. Any Solutions?

Welcome to the forums!  (clyde)

I will do my best to try and get you all fixed up.

First thing that comes to mind are firewalls, make sure his are off and maybe even yours. What method of connection are you all using, a private Linux server or Hamachi? Make sure all of you are using the same build may it be build 26 or 25. I'm not sure if mods could stop the game at the loading screen but just in case check to see that all his mods are disabled. 

Also you can follow any and all topics from the top right of them for instant notifications.

Can you have him delete his %username%\zomboid\multiplayer folder and try connecting again?

Can he connect to any other servers and create a character successfully?

Ill ask him.

EDIT: Still Doesnt work for him...

EDIT 2: Hes wiping his project zomboid game and reinstalling it,.

EDIT 3: Even wiping it didnt work.

Can you have him delete his %username%\zomboid\multiplayer folder and try connecting again?

Ill ask him.

Are you using a paid VPS? I know you said windows server, but if i hosted on right off my laptop it would be consider a windows server. Try using hamachi since its going to be just the three of you. Just search "hamachi" on the forums and you will find tons of help, even some from myself on how to set it up. If you still need help doing so just reply here and ill do what i can to get you sorted.(Unless EnigmaGrey beats me to it  ;))

Ill ask him.

Are you using a paid VPS? I know you said windows server, but if i hosted on right off my laptop it would be consider a windows server. Try using hamachi since its going to be just the three of you. Just search "hamachi" on the forums and you will find tons of help, even some from myself on how to set it up. If you still need help doing so just reply here and ill do what i can to get you sorted.(Unless EnigmaGrey beats me to it  ;))

God No, I am not using hamachi... i freaking hate hamachi.

EDIT: We Fixed it my friend deleted his whole PZ folder and tried again. It worked, thx for the help guys.