Watch_Dogs anyone?

k12314

If I'm perfectly honest, I'm quite enjoying it.. Maybe it's becuase I wasn't on the hypetrain like allot of people were?

It's alright, but lack of basic functions of a jump or bash some random prat in the face button really got on my nerves. The random information you get from Civilians is next to useless and the fact you can't really interact with them all that much kind of bothered, just made them seem like shells of nothing.

Story wise... eh. Alright, not terribly amazing something doesn't feel quite right, which I can't discuss without going into spoiler territories.

I dunno.. It's like, I understand expecting to be more becuase of everythign they said, but at the same time shouldn't we really expect this 95% of the time now?

I mean allot of triple A devs (and lets face it, some indie) are just writing up riddles and poems to make their okay-ish features sound fantastical works of evolutionary tech, when in comparison it's a muffin with sprinkles on when they said it was going to be a grand fiesta.

If I'm perfectly honest, I'm quite enjoying it.. Maybe it's becuase I wasn't on the hypetrain like allot of people were?

It's alright, but lack of basic functions of a jump or bash some random prat in the face button really got on my nerves. The random information you get from Civilians is next to useless and the fact you can't really interact with them all that much kind of bothered, just made them seem like shells of nothing.

Story wise... eh. Alright, not terribly amazing something doesn't feel quite right, which I can't discuss without going into spoiler territories.

I dunno.. It's like, I understand expecting to be more becuase of everythign they said, but at the same time shouldn't we really expect this 95% of the time now?

I mean allot of triple A devs (and lets face it, some indie) are just writing up riddles and poems to make their okay-ish features sound fantastical works of evolutionary tech, when in comparison it's a muffin with sprinkles on when they said it was going to be a grand fiesta.

I did call it way back with nasKo since they were showing the big signs of suspicions with a game like that. Usually if the game does these things:

1. Lavish pre-orders to sucker customers in.

2. Big advertising campaign that doesn't actually really focus on the game itself.

3. Review Embargos to the day of release.

Usually means they're hiding something or it's going to be plain crap. Alien Colonial Marines did those things, but at least you can play Watch_Dogs without feeling sick in your stomach.

The Pre-Order situation is getting ridiculous, really. There were so many different editions for this.

I thought Comics can get ridiculous with 10 different covers for an issue. But this...

The Pre-Order situation is getting ridiculous, really. There were so many different editions for this.

I thought Comics can get ridiculous with 10 different covers for an issue. But this...

The worst part of it all is I know there's stuff on the files that the game is blocking me out of, but because I didn't pre-order the "right" edition that content is blocked off for me, which is an absolute load of bollocks. Why on earth is it punishing me for having the faith to pre-order then block pre-order content away from consumers, it's ghastly. Far Cry 4 looks like it's going to be the same sort of thing. Announce the cover art of the game and the pre-order bonuses are already being detailed.

The only GTA I actually enjoyed and completed was Vice City.  I personally like and enjoy Watch_Dogs better.    Maybe Watch_Dogs is that perfect open world game for people like myself that aren't huge GTA fans.   To each their own I suppose but I'm still having a blast with WD.  All settings on high or better using a 360 gamepad and all is smooth. 

PS. To be honest I wish people would stop comparing the game to GTA as it is nothing like GTA other then the fact it is open world and has vehicles to drive. It sure seems like the only people that seem to be hating on this game are those who are disappointed that it's not GTA 6 with hax or something.   Can't please everyone I guess. 

Well, after watching several people play Watch_Dogs (the underscore is apparently necessary), my personal take on the game hasn't really changed too much.

It's a lovely lively world to roam around in, yet it feels dead. People are roaming around, and things are being done, but you can flit around and be completely ignored. Now I wouldn't exactly say that Watch_Dogs is intending to be a stealth game, and certainly isn't one of it's strong points, n fact, it's what really ruins it for me - a 'living' world which happily interacts with itself while you, the player, can roam around without them reacting to you in any way. It's like... whaaaa?

Also, as many people have already said, regardless of the game world seeming lively in regard to the NPCs running around, it also feels incredibly dead in comparison to the game trailers. Even with graphics option wound up high, we see little to none of the environmental effects seen in the game trailers such as leaves and other particulate matter blowing in the breeze, and fog/smoke/general particle effects.

Lastly, although it seems to aggravate a few people, it seems like a failed GTA project. Whether you compare it to previous Grand Theft Autos, or just play the game for a while and compare it to the most similar game you've played in the last half-decade, the underlying feel of the game is to have replicated what makes GTA so replayable and enjoyable, yet it doesn't/hasn't managed to do so.

(Also, in my opinion, GTA3 had the best environment and mood, Vice City easily clocked up the most hours of gameplay for me, San Andreas was only epic for so long, and GTA4 was a step backwards as far as singleplayer goes, but much more fun than it's predecessors multiplayer aspects. GTA5 was, well, I couldn't honestly say until we see if it ends up with just a port on PC)

Not sure how many of you here are playing it on the PC (or were) but those of us who can barely play even on low settings (it in fact seems to make stutter/freezing worse amazingly) are absolutely pissed.

My system:

CPU: Core i7 920 OC @ 3.6GHz

RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333Mhz

GPU: AMD Radeon 7870 OC'ed Memory: 1250Mhz Core: 1200 MHz

When driving a car the game turns into Stop Motion animation and I can't seem to do anything about it. Updated to latest 14.6 Beta drivers as was suggested to me and now the game only freezes just long enough for me to barrel roll through civilians. But hey at least I'm able to make it from point A to point B.

All that being said it's not a TERRIBLE game, totally not worth $60+ but maybe if you wait for a steam sale and catch it for $25-30.

Also I'm pretty sure my Q key is broken from being pressed every 2-4 nanoseconds.

Not sure how many of you here are playing it on the PC (or were) but those of us who can barely play even on low settings (it in fact seems to make stutter/freezing worse amazingly) are absolutely pissed.

My system:

When driving a car the game turns into Stop Motion animation and I can't seem to do anything about it. Updated to latest 14.6 Beta drivers as was suggested to me and now the game only freezes just long enough for me to barrel roll through civilians. But hey at least I'm able to make it from point A to point B.

All that being said it's not a TERRIBLE game, totally not worth $60+ but maybe if you wait for a steam sale and catch it for $25-30.

Also I'm pretty sure my Q key is broken from being pressed every 2-4 nanoseconds.

From what I've heard AMD cards are getting absolutely hammered for some reasons. I'm Nvidia and I seem to handle the game fine myself. I also heard that the game is superior on a controller, so that's what I used for my entire play through since the gun play felt weird with the mouse.

My system:

When driving a car the game turns into Stop Motion animation and I can't seem to do anything about it. Updated to latest 14.6 Beta drivers as was suggested to me and know the game only freezes just long enough for me to barrel roll through civilians. But hey at least I'm able to make it from point A to point B.

The problem is you have an AMD card. WD was optimized for Nvidia cards pretty much exclusively but even THEY are getting some poor performance out of WD but not as bad as us AMD users.

One of the few perks of playing it on console I guess. Hoorah for being a console gamer?

Console peasants! :P

I kid, I kid. What you playing it on?

PS3. I'm too poor to upgrade to a PS4, but I couldn't wait to play it. It still looks really good for running on decade old hardware. Sure it's not as good looking as on next-gen or PC, but God damn is it a snazzy looking game for what it's worth. The textures still look great, the effects are good, and the city is still fairly dense, so it still feels like a busy Chicago. I'm even doing a blind Lets Play of it, mostly because I wanted to LP it ever since I got hyped for it, but a tiny part is also to show off how great the game is even on the last generation.