Crafty Survivor Items 1.16 (27/05/2014)

Fenrix

UPDATED To 1.16!  

Added Brute Force Tinned food

Added Sharpening to Hunting Knives

Crafty Survivor Items!

Working with Build 26 (craftable, usable, tested with other people, can be used in stock servers as it is client side, two players with crafty can share and use eachothers items in multiplayer, people without cannot see crafty items on the ground )

Designed as a craft and smith type expansion for the stock game, crafty survivor. introduces new items through crafting recipe's rather than spawning them in around the world. all crafty survivor items are hand made by you and your fellow survivors!

Crafty Survivor takes the view that an un-trained survivor would just have to make do with found objects, instead of creating elabourate forge setups and machines relying on non-renewable resources. as such crafty items try to take this into account by only using stock items and parts of stock items for crafting.

Features:

Bush Anvil - a hand made anvil allowing a survivor to do things like, make nails, break up tools, craft things.

Sharpening - a module that adds sharpening stones allowing players to sharpen bladed weapons for more damage

Cloth Torch - a classical adventuring torch for players seeking a more renewable light source.

Brute force tinned cans - now anyone desperate enough with a knife can open a tin of food with enough time and effort.

Installation: Copy zip content to project zomboid mod folder

Upgrading: Delete old craftysurvivor folder then copy zip content to the mod folder (less chance of conflicts' if I change an item name)

Item List:

Tools-

Bush Anvil - A home made anvil for crafting using brute force.
Rough Pliers - Home made pliers for working with metal and wire.
Cloth Torch - for use in dark places useful when you run out of batteries.

Rough Stone - for primary sharpening of bladed weapons.

Smooth Stone - for final finish on bladed weapons - makes them razor sharp

Resources-

Screw Plate - half of a hinge, a plate of metal with screw holes for crafting.
Sledge Hammer Head - the head off a sledge hammer, big lump of steel for crafting.

Recipes-

Take apart hinge
Take apart Sledge hammer

Make Sledge Hammer
Make bush anvil
Make Rough Pliers
Make Cloth Torch
Make Barbed Wire
Make Nails

Convert Screws to Nails

Find Smooth Stone in Gravel Bag

Find Rough Stone in Gravel Bag

Sharpen Axe

Hone Axe

Sharpen Hunting Knife

Hone Hunting Knife

Brute Force Tinned Food

Recipe List:

Cloth Torch - Sheet/Dishtowel + Sturdy Stick - Matches/Lighter to light

Sledge Hammer Head - Sledge Hammer + Screwdriver + Hammer

Sledge Hammer - Sledge Hammer Head + Wooden Stick + hammer

Screws into Nails - Bush Anvil + Hammer + 6 Screws

Bush Anvil - Sledge Hammer Head + 5 Nails + Hammer + Screwdriver + log

Rough Pliers - Scissors + Screws + Hammer + Screwdriver + Bush Anvil

Take Apart Hinge - Hinge + Hammer + Screwdriver + Bush Anvil

Barbed Wire - Wire X2 + Nails + Rough Pliers + Hammer + Bush Anvil

Nails - Wire + Rough Pliers + Hammer + Bush Anvil

Rough Stone - Gravel bag
Smooth Stone - Gravel Bag

Sharp Axe - Rough Stone + Axe
Honed Axe - Smooth Stone + Sharp Axe

Sharp Hunting Knife '' + Hunting Knife

Honed Hunting Knife '' + Sharp Hunting Knife

Brute Force Tinned food - Tin + Screwdriver/kitchen Knife/Hunting Knife/Scissors + lots of damn time

Changelog:

V1.16 - added  brute force to tinned food if you have a knife/pointy tool

added sharpening to Hunting Knives

V1.15 - added Sharpening weapons (AXE)

V1.11 - added a few recipes to Bush anvil.

V1.1 - added Bush Anvil

V1.01 - Tweaked Torch Burn time down alot

V1.0 - Cloth Torch  added

Mirror

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17076512/craftysurvivor1.16.zip

** these items must all be crafted into existence, they are not naturally occurring.

craftysurvivor1.16.zip

Possibly later, at the moment I am working on the bush anvil to basically allow a player to disassemble a few of the stock items into useful parts and to create tools to help craft new parts and devices.

for example, just made it so using the anvil you can dis-assemble a door hinge. this gives you two plates of metal with screw holes :)

Im trying for the kind of crafting someone with no specialized equipment might have to do.

once ive broken down some more stock items into components, I may do a few weapons at that point.

also trying to think of a way of drilling holes metal without some kind of drill. possibly a metal punch made from a sharpened screwdriver? hmm...

I wish there was a stock item for a rock, then i would have more to work with.

working on next update, suggestions for new things to add are welcome. I will not be doing new weapons for a while because I would rather be able to create game world models for new ones, id rather not have to use baseball bat and shovel models for them.

heres some proposed recipes for future items

bush anvil == Make Shovel = Trowel + Screws + Sturdy Stick + Hammer + Screwdriver + bush anvil
Sharpening == Make Sandpaper = sandbag + Glue + Sheet of paper
bush anvil == Make metal punch = tent peg + hammer + bush anvil
bush anvil == Make hack saw = saw + rough stone + hammer + bush anvil + campfire kit
bush anvil == make metal sheet = pot/pan + hammer + bush anvil + hacksaw + campfire kit 

trying to add some even more basic building resources so I can make more useful things out of them.

sheets of metal so I can make blades, possibly armor, that kind of thing.

the developers have said they will add cars at some point so I intend to in the future add more metalwork items.

considering adding a "bush forge" but I am not confidant I can make a map object or do LUA code so. we will see, I'd rather it not be portable, because then it would be a bit silly.

I would probably have to re-cycle the campfire code and add a new graphic to go down on the ground or something.

yar, largish update will happen for the next one, adding alot of item recipe's and new items, just takes ages to type them all in :P

plus restructuring what Ive already made so it makes more sense for me while im working on it.

but in brief, Im making it so that you can literally break down a bunch of stock objects into resource items which you can then craft into new things, kind of like how in minecraft you mine iron and coal and then build things with them, instead. you are recycling things from the game into resources you can work with at a basic level.

I'm still trying to stay away from spawning new items in, until the 27 patch comes out which will supposedly enforce mod restrictions, don't want people messing up each others games by entering and leaving areas with mod items in them.

but I'll be keeping the breakdown part of the items pack seperate so that other modders can easily use the resources the mod will provide for thier own crafting of things if they want to :D

so say I add the ability to break bottles to get "broken glass" this gives you a useful resource for possibly building barricades, weapons, alarm systems and traps with in the future. even a glass knife in a pinch.

I wish i could figure out how to get more than one result out of a recipe, though, it seems to just grab the first one only unless im wording it incorrectly. it would make dissasembling certain things more useful instead of needing multiple recipe's for that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...