Help with server set up and server options.

Prongs

Hello everyone,

First and foremost I'd like to say I love this game ( the small amount of time I have actually played). But the main reason I bought it was to play with a buddy of mine. We are mostly wanting to play alone which means, we aren't really up for joining a random server. With that said, I hosted my own for the two of us and finally we got it to work today using Hamachi (Sadly we couldn't ever connect without it). While playing we discovered that PvP was a problem and other things we may what to check. I have looked at many different posts and threads about servers, server options, and changing everything. But most of these seem to be pre-update 26 or maybe my computer just displays things differently than others.

First Question: Where exactly is my server folder everyone talks about? I have found the following in the media folder than the lua (see below).

r0tg5c.png

But after opening it there is no serverOptions.ini file or anything (see below).

2pp10qp.png

Am I missing something? Looking in the wrong area? Any help on this matter would be welcomed.

Second Question: To "restart" the server. What do I need to delete? Is it found in the Sandbox File shown in the following picture?

29wv2ns.png

If so what file needs to be delete? Or does the whole folder need to be delete (See below for files found in the folder). Or is it somewhere else that I have missed?

qx2cs4.png

Thanks for any help that can be given. Like I said above I looked through countless post and threads searching for answers. I am new to this whole running servers and such. I just need a bit of help and guidance. 

-Prongs

Hello everyone,

First and foremost I'd like to say I love this game ( the small amount of time I have actually played). But the main reason I bought it was to play with a buddy of mine. We are mostly wanting to play alone which means, we aren't really up for joining a random server. With that said, I hosted my own for the two of us and finally we got it to work today using Hamachi (Sadly we couldn't ever connect without it). While playing we discovered that PvP was a problem and other things we may what to check. I have looked at many different posts and threads about servers, server options, and changing everything. But most of these seem to be pre-update 26 or maybe my computer just displays things differently than others.

First Question: Where exactly is my server folder everyone talks about? I have found the following in the media folder than the lua (see below).

r0tg5c.png

But after opening it there is no serverOptions.ini file or anything (see below).

2pp10qp.png

Am I missing something? Looking in the wrong area? Any help on this matter would be welcomed.

Second Question: To "restart" the server. What do I need to delete? Is it found in the Sandbox File shown in the following picture?

29wv2ns.png

If so what file needs to be delete? Or does the whole folder need to be delete (See below for files found in the folder). Or is it somewhere else that I have missed?

qx2cs4.png

Thanks for any help that can be given. Like I said above I looked through countless post and threads searching for answers. I am new to this whole running servers and such. I just need a bit of help and guidance. 

-Prongs

1. Yeah you're looking in the wrong place. The place you want to be looking for is at C:/<username>/Zomboid/Server will hold the server options that you are looking for if I'm not mistaken.

2. In the Multiplayer folder of the Zomboid folder that I mention above should have a servertest folder. Deleting this folder would reset the world (which is what I assume you mean), but new characters would need to be created for the server.

Hopefully that helps. :)

Hello everyone,

r0tg5c.png

2pp10qp.png

29wv2ns.png

qx2cs4.png

-Prongs

1. Yeah you're looking in the wrong place. The place you want to be looking for is at C:/<username>/Zomboid/Server will hold the server options that you are looking for if I'm not mistaken.

2. In the Multiplayer folder of the Zomboid folder that I mention above should have a servertest folder. Deleting this folder would reset the world (which is what I assume you mean), but new characters would need to be created for the server.

Hopefully that helps. :)

Very helpful thank you! I was looking in the wrong place.