Character customization

Necromatic_Corgi

OH I hadn;t thought of it before. Maybe then you should be able to choose your characters Favourite food. When you eat that food you hapiness increases by 10 while also your boredom decreases by 10. 

That would be a really cool addition, Add some personalization. NICE IDEA :P

Also Having a bigger Character preview would be useful.  

Another customizable option could be to select your Character's Idle Pose or picking his clothes. 

Would deffo love a bigger character preview. The mockups I did back when we first did that screen had a double-sized character but there were technical restrictions at the time - now we have the 3D models in realtime though, we might be able to find the time *cough* Romain *cough* to integrate them into that screen :)

As for idle poses... I deffo support more idle poses although, if it were up to me, rather than having a bunch of idle poses which you pick between I would spend the time doing context-sensitive idle poses. So an "out of breath" idle, an "injured" idle, etc. Stuff like that.

Also Having a bigger Character preview would be useful.  

Another customizable option could be to select your Character's Idle Pose or picking his clothes. 

Would deffo love a bigger character preview. The mockups I did back when we first did that screen had a double-sized character but there were technical restrictions at the time - now we have the 3D models in realtime though, we might be able to find the time *cough* Romain *cough* to integrate them into that screen :)

As for idle poses... I deffo support more idle poses although, if it were up to me, rather than having a bunch of idle poses which you pick between I would spend the time doing context-sensitive idle poses. So an "out of breath" idle, an "injured" idle, etc. Stuff like that.

I would love to see all of those idles  :lol:

Even your characters age can be customizable ( Not the actual Age but just Age categories ) 

-Teenager

-Young Adult

-Adult

-Old man

-Almost-Dead Man 

The Young adult and Adult ages won;t come with any penalties or bonuses, 

The teenager may have less stregth 

Old man starts with a skill point but also has his strength reduced

Almost-Dead Man has quite reduced strength and also if exhausted may die. 

Even your characters age can be customizable ( Not the actual Age but just Age categories ) 

-Teenager

-Young Adult

-Adult

-Old man

-Almost-Dead Man 

The Young adult and Adult ages won;t come with any penalties or bonuses, 

The teenager may have less stregth 

Old man starts with a skill point but also has his strength reduced

Almost-Dead Man has quite reduced strength and also if exhausted may die. 

I'm not sure if they will implement that, But it's a cool idea none the less.  :)

I wish the character detail was way more detailed like the Yahoo game The Last Stand: Dead Zone. Its similar in design as PZ using the same game perspective, but uses small maps that are 3D pre-rended. What really makes LS:DZ seem better is the quality detail they put into skinning their 3D characters and maps. When you zoom in on them you can really see how much work they put into skinning.

Also LS:DZ's world looks like a zombie apocalypse happened looking very dirty while PZ's comes off way too clean and flat, not looking like a used universe. Yes, there's garbage in PZ, but its clean looking garbage.

-Old man

-Almost-Dead Man

For some reason, I can't help but visualise a wheelchair-bound, shotgun wielding 'grampa' disposing of zombies af if they were used bingo sheets...

TBH, not sure about the younger age categories (kids are a definite NO, aren't they ?), but sounds great nevertheless !

-Old man

-Almost-Dead Man

For some reason, I can't help but visualise a wheelchair-bound, shotgun wielding 'grampa' disposing of zombies af if they were used bingo sheets...

TBH, not sure about the younger age categories (kids are a definite NO, aren't they ?), but sounds great nevertheless !

CARL!!! GET BACK IN THE HOUSE!! lol, it could add some roleplay value for people that like that stuff

CARL!!! GET BACK IN THE HOUSE!! lol, it could add some roleplay value for people that like that stuff

YOU FORGOT YOUR OXYGEN TANK ! ;-)

Exactly ! Roleplay augmentation, affirmative action gold and maybe stepping up the difficulty in an interesting way - limiting the PC to walking or even to a wheelchair would make for a completely different style of playing. Between the inability to swing weapons requiring a lot of strength, being easily fatigued  and insane amount of super zombies, an epic tale could be forged.

Also:

I love this game. It's the only real zombie game out there as far as I'm concerned and it's genuinely disconcerting. My problem is, the game should be trying harder to kill me.

Methinks this could make it fun for you, while waiting on the Sadistic AI Director to become what we (well, judging from what I've read in the other thread) are hoping for.

YOU FORGOT YOUR OXYGEN TANK ! ;-)

Exactly ! Roleplay augmentation, affirmative action gold and maybe stepping up the difficulty in an interesting way - limiting the PC to walking or even to a wheelchair would make for a completely different style of playing. Between the inability to swing weapons requiring a lot of strength, being easily fatigued  and insane amount of super zombies, an epic tale could be forged.

I'm doubtful that they would add a wheelchair guy, How would you get up stairs? haha, But kids, teens, and adult's, YEs. You could reenact THE WALKING DEAD

I'm doubtful that they would add a wheelchair guy, How would you get up stairs? haha, But kids, teens, and adult's, YEs. You could reenact THE WALKING DEAD

You wouldn't. That's the beauty of it - no stairs (unless a NPC/other PC is nearby and willing to help), sheet ropes and perfect safe zones.

Hehehe, that would be fun ! With proper customisation a lot more stuff could be reenacted as well. ^^

You wouldn't. That's the beauty of it - no stairs (unless a NPC/other PC is nearby and willing to help), sheet ropes and perfect safe zones.

Hehehe, that would be fun ! With proper customisation a lot more stuff could be reenacted as well. ^^

Maybe they could have them at npc safehouses, And maybe you could get a mission to got to a retirement home and get some oxygen tanks

there is only ONE way kids or children ever get in this game.

if someone makes a mod for it. there will be no children in the vanilla game.

Honestly I don't want children in the game, It would just be weird. I just can't wait for enemy npc's to be in the game, That will make me play countless hours.