Don't you think an Intro video is needed before entering the Main menu. Something to show the beginning of the Apocalypse or to explain what is happening or who you are.  

Maybe the video won't explain anything it will just show someone fighting for his survival in a fort he had built .

This feature is trivial but I think it is necessary before the release of the full game. 

Noooyyy! I don't want to know what's happening or who my character is. I want to find out. That's gaming. However, the video idea in itself isn't half bad. It'd be nice to get something small. It might look a bit more polished, and more art is never bad. :) Not a priority though, imo at least.

I'd rather it be left ambiguous. :)

So, let's make something unsettling !

Fade in, camera pans around (frantically ? heavy breathing sound - survivor's perspective ?) a torn up room, stopping on a mischieviously smiling Spiffo doll sitting in an armchair. Slow zoom in on the Spiffo. Sudden bang on the window - camera turns to show a bloody hanprint on the glass. Turning back to the armchair - the Spiffo is gone. Thunder. fade out to main screen.

How about an intro like that ? ;-D

Sounds good, or maybe:

Darkness, lights up as a door opens, then slams shut. Bolts and lock ram home. Person runs upstairs, rips up a shirt, then you hear a crash, survivor gets out pistol, go down stairs, blackout, gunshot, screams end.