OldWorld

How do I sheet-rope out of windows?

Hey guys, so I've made a couple of sheet-ropes, and I'm trying to rappel out of a window. How do I do so exactly?

I've right-clicked on all parts of the window (from what I can gather) and the option to place a rope isn't there.

My character now has very sore legs.

you need to have a nail also. then if your coming down from the second floor you need 2 sheet ropes then right click the window and you should see something like attach sheet rope and the open the window and hold down the "e" key

Hey guys, so I've made a couple of sheet-ropes, and I'm trying to rappel out of a window. How do I do so exactly?

I've right-clicked on all parts of the window (from what I can gather) and the option to place a rope isn't there.

My character now has very sore legs.

First open the window then add the sheet ropes.

Edit: Place the sheet ropes in your main inventory, open the window and right click it then you will see the "add sheet rope" option. And yeah you need 1 nail just like Suomiboi said.

makes sense?

why doesn't it need a hammer?

maybe its implied that you used something to hammer the nail

Maybe you use your body weight to push the nail into the window frame? O:

makes sense?

why doesn't it need a hammer?

maybe its implied that you used something to hammer the nail

Maybe you use your body weight to push the nail into the window frame? O:

Yeah, or maybe your character sets the nail in with his weight a bit, then kicks it in. I do stuff like that a lot when I need a nail but can't find the hammer.

well would you risk that? to climb down through it, knowing that nail isnt firmly nailed?

well i guess im off topic now  =)

Sheet ropes, for me, are a last ditch effort. Only time I would use them is when my safe house is overrun and i'm about to get mauled by a horde. Back when molotovs were in the game I would throw one down a hall way just before I climbed out of the window, so that way even though i'm losing a majority of my supplies I still have my life and, hopefully, I take out a horde.

I have a problem where I have a sheet rope attached to a user created window and I can not climb down from it or interact with it from the second story. However, from the first floor I can use it to climb up and through the window.

destroy it and rebuild it

repeat the process, if it continues there is a forum for telling the developers about bugs with all the information on how to tell them properly so it gets fixed faster.. 1 thing I remember is they want you to repeat the process and tell them the process.

hope that helped