How do I sheet-rope out of windows?

OldWorld

Hey guys, so I've made a couple of sheet-ropes, and I'm trying to rappel out of a window. How do I do so exactly?

I've right-clicked on all parts of the window (from what I can gather) and the option to place a rope isn't there.

My character now has very sore legs.

Hey guys, so I've made a couple of sheet-ropes, and I'm trying to rappel out of a window. How do I do so exactly?

I've right-clicked on all parts of the window (from what I can gather) and the option to place a rope isn't there.

My character now has very sore legs.

First open the window then add the sheet ropes.

Edit: Place the sheet ropes in your main inventory, open the window and right click it then you will see the "add sheet rope" option. And yeah you need 1 nail just like Suomiboi said.

makes sense?

why doesn't it need a hammer?

maybe its implied that you used something to hammer the nail

Maybe you use your body weight to push the nail into the window frame? O:

Yeah, or maybe your character sets the nail in with his weight a bit, then kicks it in. I do stuff like that a lot when I need a nail but can't find the hammer.

well would you risk that? to climb down through it, knowing that nail isnt firmly nailed?

well i guess im off topic now  =)

Sheet ropes, for me, are a last ditch effort. Only time I would use them is when my safe house is overrun and i'm about to get mauled by a horde. Back when molotovs were in the game I would throw one down a hall way just before I climbed out of the window, so that way even though i'm losing a majority of my supplies I still have my life and, hopefully, I take out a horde.

• 6 months later...

destroy it and rebuild it

repeat the process, if it continues there is a forum for telling the developers about bugs with all the information on how to tell them properly so it gets fixed faster.. 1 thing I remember is they want you to repeat the process and tell them the process.

hope that helped