Lokai

I'm sure people have put up threads about this a ton, but I spent about 40 minutes last night trying to setup a server for Project Zomboid and I cannot figure this damn thing out. I was able to connect to my own server no problem and here are the things I did to try to make the server work for my friends who were trying to connect. 

-I told them my "what is my ip" IP and the default port for the server, which I confirmed is the listening port on the server info box. 
-I opened ports from 16261 - 16293 in my router, set the protocol to both for UDP etc, and set my local port to 16261 (honestly not sure what to put there and most insturctions use differnet language for that, like internal port). 
-I asked them to make sure they weren't having any spaces in the IP (nope)
-I checked the server log to see if it was giving some kind of error for them (nope)
-I reset Steam entirely after opening ports (no effect)
-I made sure my firewall has exceptions open for Project Zomboid 32 bit and 64 bit. 

I probably did other things too, but I can't recall at the moment. I've tried a lot and I really cannot figure it out. Here is some extra info as detailed in the multiplayer FAQ: 

Connection Speed: 13 mb/s download - 1 mb/s upload - 12 ping

Home computer, no VPS. 

Here is a view of my port forwarding list from my router thing: 

4Wevpff.png

So, with all of that I did use the websites http://www.canyouseeme.org/ and http://www.yougetsig...ls/open-ports/ to try to check my ports and they don't say they are open. I just don't understand why not. I have a feeling I'm doing something dumb I just don't understand because I'm not used to this router's port forwarding stuff, or because I don't know a ton about it in the first place, so if anyone has any idea let me know. Thanks for reading. 

Since it's been most of a day since I've posted this, I've tried this again. I added a couple more port options and still nothing. Trying to get one of my friends to host it instead, but so far we are having the exact same problem. Assistance please. 

You have only enough ports open for one person -- generally I just open the entire 16000 - 17000 range as both UDP and TCP.

And your ports might not show open on those sites unless the server is running, actively using them (in that case, 16261 should show open).

Thanks for responding. How is it only enough for one person? I have a couple that do 16261-16293. I tried that as 16261-16293, but also individually as 16261, 16262, 16263, 16264 etc.