Rifle Mod v1.1a

Pravus

Hey guys this is my first working mod I created for Project Zomboid!  I'm barely proficient as a scripter but, through study and a lot of trial and error, I managed to create something I'm pretty proud of.

Rifle Mod adds a custom .30-30 Hunting Rifle to vanilla Project Zomboid, as well as .30-30 bullets which can be boxed and unboxed as necessary.  I tried my best to create a balanced weapon that felt natural to the game in its current development state and I feel pretty good about the end result.  The Hunting Rifle and its ammunition can be found in most places you would normally be able to find shotguns and/or shotgun shells (sometimes both firearms can spawn at the same location if you're really lucky).  The Hunting Rifle's power is just barely above that of the stock pistol but has slightly longer effective range.  .30-30 rounds generally drop in increments of "6," which is exactly the size of one magazine.  24 .30-30 bullets can be converted into a Box of .30-30 rounds and vice versa.

All custom sounds from Stormy's additions to the client and you can learn more about them at his thread here: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/3238-adding-more-guns/

Special thanks to RoboMat, Stormy, and NCrawler!  Your collective tutorials and released mods are what I studied to learn the basics of LUA and create this mod.  You guys rock!

Download Rifle Mod v1.1a:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/v8w3bxfbioayp1g/riflemod.rar

*Updated Distribution tables to account for map expansion in Build 27*

i hope this works in version 26

Of course!  I completely forgot to mention that in my post.  This mod was built and tested in Build 26 so if you have any issues let me know I'll do my best to try to sort them out.  Thanks for the praise!

Alright so i tried your mod and had only one issue...the hunting rifle doesn't seem to shoot far enough for being a hunting rifle.. i think it should shoot further away probably really far since it's a hunting rifle but otherwise nice work

Alright so i tried your mod and had only one issue...the hunting rifle doesn't seem to shoot far enough for being a hunting rifle.. i think it should shoot further away probably really far since it's a hunting rifle but otherwise nice work

The range is set to be 50% farther than that of the pistol and, if I remember correctly, the shotgun has an even shorter effective range than either of them in the base code.  I didn't want to go too crazy on the range for the rifle or I was afraid it would begin to outclass the other guns.  One of my primary goals while creating this mod was to try to keep it balanced with the vanilla PZ weapons and experience.

I'll take your feedback into consideration, however, and look at the effective ranges again when I put out the mod's next update.  Thanks for checking out my mod and the kind praise!

• 4 weeks later...

Can this mod work online?

If so where do place mods for servers?

Thanks for any help.

Well, I don't have any experience applying mods to PZ servers directly but its my understanding that all you should need to do to make it work is install the mod on your server then place the following:

Mods = riflemod

in your Zomboid/Server/*.ini file.  After that, I believe as long as your players have copies of the mod installed on their clients as well it should work.

Of course, that's just my understanding of the instructions given in the Multiplayer Help forum so I can't really give any guarantees.

Good luck and let me know if you get it working!