Server Scan

Josephkhland

I think it is a compulsory feature for the game to allow players scan for servers . It will be much easier than finding the best one in the browser and less time consuming. 

It will allow the players to Find a server where they can join without having a high ping. Filters will also be required : As someone may need to search for RP servers or PvP etc. There may be servers where needs are enabled and others that all needs are disabled the player may want to have them disabled.

Also when you click on a servers name there must be a small description of the server (with the rules ,required addons etc.)

I just suggest something like this . There no need to post a link with servers for me.

I wish you take my suggestion under Consideration. 

I don't think PZ is the kind of game that calls for a server scan. Usually that is most applicable on games with a fast-in fast-out kind of MP - somethink like FPS with short 10-30 minute rounds

I think people should pick out a server that fits their need and stick with it. At least that is would be best considering the RP elements of leveling and the concepts of building, farming. When you join a server you attempt to build up your character. It takes days but it is a important part of the gameplay.

Right now however it does seem like people just visit a server. If they ever build establish a safehouse and get back - the place they build is gone/ripped off or there's no loot any more.

I'm more in favor of giving people an incentative to stick with one server rather than having them online for an hour or so and never see them again.

I don't mean quick Join a server . It is just an easier way of finding servers. Then you can bookmark the one you like and join when you want. 

Ah, I'm definitely in favor of making finding desired servers easier to find :D

And how are you going to do that? scan the whole internets for servers?

The reason some games have that is because the developer provides a centralized real-time server database for you to "scan".

Which makes a lot of sense in games like battlefield but sort of doesnt in PZ, Terraria and Starbound as they arent purely MP games.

You may wish to Upload your server to the scanner (the address will not be visible) and the players will be able to see those servers. 

The scanner then will be more like a reporter that will tell the player the ping he will have , how many players are online and what the servers description and name is. 

You may wish to Upload your server to the scanner (the address will not be visible) and the players will be able to see those servers. 

The scanner then will be more like a reporter that will tell the player the ping he will have , how many players are online and what the servers description and name is. 

Indeed, this would be how it could work but the developer must be convinced to provide and maintain such a service.

Making Servers usable and able to be made without the enormous headache it is should be Top Priority for MP related work, but afaik, They aren't working on such improvements atm.

(Still haven't been able to make a Server, That guide is useless asf)

Forward ports through router.
Open ports on firewall.
Double click Project Zomboid Server bat.
Enter an admin password.

Hope to hell your antivirus/firewall doesn't screw you over, and that you're not an ipv6 line.

Hope it helps.

Edit: And make sure you're port forwarding to the right device ip on your network.  :) Hopefully solved.

Forward ports through router.

Open ports on firewall.

Double click Project Zomboid Server bat.

Enter an admin password.

Hope to hell your antivirus/firewall doesn't screw you over, and that you're not an ipv6 line.

Hope it helps.

Edit: And make sure you're port forwarding to the right device ip on your network.  :) Hopefully solved.

Wait, having a real IPv6 address can screw you over? Well.. oops. My new ISP just gave me one...

This is what potentially could rip a whole lot of servers apart...

Don't make it easier than now for server hopping trolls which just join to ruin fun.

This feature is not what PZ would need since than posted a few times - most players just stay with one server or maybe 2. IF this feature comes it definitely has to be a opt-out.

This is what potentially could rip a whole lot of servers apart...

Don't make it easier than now for server hopping trolls which just join to ruin fun.

This feature is not what PZ would need since than posted a few times - most players just stay with one server or maybe 2. IF this feature comes it definitely has to be a opt-out.

I'd guarantee that you'd be able to make a server private with a  "Direct Connect" Only button of sorts.

But yeah, With the Rampant Hacking and Cheating, Publicizing Server lists is probably not the greatest ideas, Passworded or not, It probably won't work.