Picking Era of Play

Josephkhland

The main Idea is that you are able to select the Era of Play alongside with the map. For example , you have chosen muld as the map. Then you have the choice to Play in a Medieval Muld (even though that would mean that you were an indian and I don;t think their population in that area could provide a fine zombie horde so lets keep the Medieval Era for Maps in Europe) an Industrials era Muld ( like the one in the game now) , a Modern era Muld (What I think that is already for the game in the game ) , A futuristic Muld (...) 

Each era will have different items and also some items will be easier to find. For example in the Medieval era it can be easier to find a Saw or an Axe while in modern era you will find mostly Phones , iPads and Food also some buildings like hospitals will have their own power generators .

Each era will have different Professions. 

Medieval : Blacksmith , Baker, Builder, Slave, Soldier, War Machine Constructor, Philosopher, Shaman , Scientist, Cleric, Fisherman, Farmer , Hunter etc

Industrial: Policeman, Investigator, Military , Builder etc

Modern : Many of the professions we have today 

Futuristic : Space Explorer + Same professions as in Modern but there are more traits like Genetically Reconstructed etc. 

I know that such feature in the game requires very much work but if the community really likes it I think it can be added officialy in the game (after its release) as a DLC . 

I also know that I will get a Comment saying that something like that can be done by a mod or that it is already completed but I just think it is a feature that will be fun to be added in the Original Game.

Medieval : Blacksmith , Baker, Builder, Slave, Soldier, War Machine Constructor, Philosopher, Shaman , Scientist, Cleric, Fisherman, Farmer , Hunter etc

Come to think of it, are there even any zombie survival games placed in medieval era? It would be a nice change a pace to throw a medieval knight in a full suit of armor against a horde of zombies. 

Come to think of it, are there even any zombie survival games placed in medieval era? It would be a nice change a pace to throw a medieval knight in a full suit of armor against a horde of zombies. 

Exactly , It also changes the atmosphere so it is harder to become bored of the game.

Cool idea, though I honestly cant see this happening given the sheer amount of work it would require. new maps/items/objects/various artwork/sounds etc etc.

maybe a paid expansion after release? Project Plagueoid? medieval plague stricken Europe with a zombie twist that history forgot?

Well having it as an expansion is a good Idea. Especially the Medieval era. it will add a Map (both Modern and Medieval) in europe and you will be able to play in medieval and there will be more Items and more professions and even more features. in additions wells will be more common etc.

First though 'whaaaat?'  and second thought was that this was really unique, but doesn't fit with the game at all. But wow man, if there was ever a medal for uniqueness I could hand out, you'd get it. lol I honestly can't say I've ever heard a suggestion like this before in my life.

• 1 month later...

Picturesque European cities, narrow streets and hundreds of houses...

Medieval-era Zomboid aside (which would be pretty awesome and unique, but a royal bitch to implement), having some maps based on traditional European cities or villages could be pretty damn interesting. Remember that a lot of the older-style cities and towns are designed to put everything within walking distance of the residents, with train access to places further away. Seeing as Zomboid is confined to foot traffic for the time being, that style of map-making could result in some pretty epic moments; A handful of zombies can seem like an unstoppable horde when funnelled through tight pedestrian streets.

Have you never seen this before?
http://www.kongregate.com/games/FlyAnvil/decision-medieval?acomplete=decis

Fight zombies in a medieval setting with swords and bows. Sure, it's nothing like Project Tomboid, but if you like zombies, you'll enjoy it.

I don't think it's to difficult to make a mod for project zomboid for another era. You just have to make a lot of new graphics, but the gameplay would be the same.

I have often been thinking about Project Zomboid in victorian era London, maybe with a little steam punk added.

Picturesque European cities, narrow streets and hundreds of houses...

Medieval-era Zomboid aside (which would be pretty awesome and unique, but a royal bitch to implement)

a royal bitch to implement

*slow clap*

And I can't wait until modders get there hands on this game.