Thoughts on BBC's "In the Flesh"?

Footmuffin

So that bbc thing took that one thing about rehabilitated ex-zombies with PTSD and made more episodes about it and they're actually really neat.

Any of you guys think that's neat too? Got any neat critique? Actually think its terrible and want to talk about why you hate it? Anywhere in between? Bring it up here for me to inspect with my eyeball orifices and personally denegeate with my brain wrinkles.

Wait, are these reformed zombies actually gay, or are you using that as an insult? (one of your tags is LGBTQ, so I'm confused)  Take note that that is not allowed on this forum.

In one of the episode descriptions they mention the male lead had.. I dunno, I think a thing?

A crush? So I think one is actually of the homosexual orientation?

Also, PTSD is something very different from what you're talking about.

Aaaaand I changed the title, because it doesn't describe the topic and was pointlessly distracting.

Ah now I too understand what it is about lol. Hence my first response being so indecisive.

EDIT: @MirzaGhalib, these forums are a warm and welcoming place where the only discrimination is against discrimination. So in short; no, these forums are not anti LGBTQ.

Edited by Viceroy

Sorry to go back ON topic :), but I thought it was kinda cool.  It didn't provide the usual zombie story stuff, but it was a very unique take, at least as far as I know, and it made me want to watch the whole thing.  Now someone is gonna come along and tell me it ripped off like a dozen other shows/novels/etc. :).

I should say though, that I do prefer more focus on what we usually associate with zombies, and I do prefer a post apocalypse setting.  If this show had been a regular length series, then the dramatic elements probably wouldn't have been enough to keep me watching for lots of episodes.

Right. Yes, the main character had a relationship with another guy in the now removed first season and probably self-identifies as gay and stuff. There was this big reanimation of anybody who'd appeared to die in 2009 and it's all about them getting normalized and returning to their families and previous lives. Kieren, the main character, has to deal with prejudice and politics and stuff for being a "rotter." Most people in his family's hometown really hate the undead and do terrible things. Drama, touching scenes, sad stuff. I like how it also uses zombies primarily as a plot device to tell a relevant and thoughtful story. Sorry if I confused anyone too much.

Spoiler
also it'd be sorta weird seeing voluntary homophobia or ableism out of me i'm probably some kind of gay and cope with PTSD myself. primarily out of the woods on that last thing thankfully.