RELEASED: Build 27

RobertJohnson

You're more than welcome to post my responses to Reddit if you'd like, and feel free to paraphrase if you want to cut out any of the miscellany. It's certainly plausible that for every few people who actually ask about getting the updates outside of Steam, there could be more who never ask. It should be noted that I just do tech support/forum stuff, so while I'm on staff it's not a "developer answer" per say; though on that front I did shoot a message one of our dev's way about getting Build 27 to Desura. It's quite late there so might not hear back until tomorrow, but I'll see where it goes from there and keep you informed. Cheers!

However I come across to you I would like you to know I have great respect for your team. I wish you well and hope you get sleep every now and again. I also want you to know that I love this game and I've been having a great time with it. I am really excited to see what the modding community comes up with as well. I might even try my hand at modding. There are a bunch of things I'd like to try and add. I'm a bit of a prepper so I'm leaning more toward the serious simulation side of things. I'm not sure if this game is helping or hurting my Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. I'm sure everyone saves all the forks they find in hope that they can use a hack saw to cut or bend the tines till they break off then use the tines as nails. Or to turn on all the faucets in a house then tape the inlet side of a bicycle tire pump to a faucet and draw off the gallons of water left in the pipes of these abandon homes into containers. Or use a common pair of reading glasses to start fires with during the day. My mind is on fire with these thoughts. I'm sure I'm driving all my coworkers crazy with it.

Thanks

Eldergamer

You should definitely post some of these in the suggestions forum! :-)

Hello, 

Is there still a way to get the standalone exe apart from the steam version? I haven't played for a while and I wanted to test the game today, but I cannot install steam on the PC which I will use for this.

Is there still a way to get the standalone exe apart from the steam version? I haven't played for a while and I wanted to test the game today, but I cannot install steam on the PC which I will use for this.

If you originally bought PZ on Desura, you can download the game from the PZ Desura page. Otherwise no. And I'm not entirely sure whether Desura is on b26 or b27.

• 2 weeks later...
Once build 28 is stable

If I'm not mistaken, v27 is released and receiving Bugfixes as of now - which will then eventually lead to v28. Right?

Then, could you define "eventually", please...? It doesn't need to be a Date.

"Within a Month", or even "soon" or "it'll be a few more Months" is enough for me, so I know I gotta check back later, then.

Between the sometimes-instability of game between updates and the somewhat hassle of updating Desura (comparatively) and the mood of the devs unfortunately there's just no telling wen it'll happen. All I can say is that we'll continue to try to bring it up to them and hope it's Soon.

Daw. I'm actually out of Games I like to play. I've red about v27's awesome new Features some Time ago and planned to play that next, but seems like I'll have to look for other Stuff now, then.

Alright, thanks for the Info though. Keep up all the good Work!

Hey all!

First, amazing work you've done with this game, it has changed a lot and always for better!! :-)

Second, I have noticed some little bugs in MP that I haven't seen mentioned in the forum (I hope this is the right place for this comment?):

#1-  I created a "private" server on my computer, with such settings that it would NOT be listed in the public server list. I played for a bit to test different admin commands, and at some point I saw 2 players had joined, that I did NOT know and with IP addresses located in Canada (I'm in France). I have no idea how they joined the server, and unfortunately I didn't think of looking at the console or the log files before erasing the folders... Is there any way to create a password protected server?

#2- I played another time with a friend of mine on a server that he created, and we noticed that when either of us had a flashlight or candle ON, the other could not see the light and thus could not see in the dark. Are such light sources client-side only? We haven't tried with a lamp on pillar because we couldn't craft one...

#3- Also a probable client-side issue, we realized that when one of us looted entirely a container such as a shelf, the other would still see the shelf as "full", even after looking at the content of the shelf. So I guess that world filler is also client-side ATM?

Anyway, incredible job with everything so far, I only wish I had more time to play... :-(

Hey all!

First, amazing work you've done with this game, it has changed a lot and always for better!! :-)

Second, I have noticed some little bugs in MP that I haven't seen mentioned in the forum (I hope this is the right place for this comment?):

#1-  I created a "private" server on my computer, with such settings that it would NOT be listed in the public server list. I played for a bit to test different admin commands, and at some point I saw 2 players had joined, that I did NOT know and with IP addresses located in Canada (I'm in France). I have no idea how they joined the server, and unfortunately I didn't think of looking at the console or the log files before erasing the folders... Is there any way to create a password protected server?

#2- I played another time with a friend of mine on a server that he created, and we noticed that when either of us had a flashlight or candle ON, the other could not see the light and thus could not see in the dark. Are such light sources client-side only? We haven't tried with a lamp on pillar because we couldn't craft one...

#3- Also a probable client-side issue, we realized that when one of us looted entirely a container such as a shelf, the other would still see the shelf as "full", even after looking at the content of the shelf. So I guess that world filler is also client-side ATM?

Anyway, incredible job with everything so far, I only wish I had more time to play... :-(

Best place for bugs is here:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/tracker/