RELEASED: Build 27

RobertJohnson

Hotfix #2 has been released in IWBUMS, I couldn't announce it yesterday, very busy week-end, but yeah, so it is.. :D

Some other stuff was released too, I didn't updated the hotfix thread yet, but sure will do today/tomorrow :)

If you can't join any server, just go back on the "None" (EG) build, or just wait for some server to update, but it'll be released to public soon, or maybe if I have some feedback I could make it better.. Oh please, gimme feedback.

playing on my personal servers with the hotfixes haven't surfaced any bugs that ive personally come across then again, not many players have been joining.  The ping parameters are going to limit a lot of people from being able to play on servers they have potentially already established themselves but oh well its 100% necessary to boot players from servers that are affecting latency, i am very very happy you pushed that feature out

One question i do have is, How long does is take for the Master server to update the names of the servers?  I changed the name the day the update hit steam under  IWBUMS to advertise i was running the hotfix on my servers and to this day still has not updated itself in the server list to the public

Hotfix #2 has been released in IWBUMS, I couldn't announce it yesterday, very busy week-end, but yeah, so it is.. :D

Some other stuff was released too, I didn't updated the hotfix thread yet, but sure will do today/tomorrow :)

If you can't join any server, just go back on the "None" (EG) build, or just wait for some server to update, but it'll be released to public soon, or maybe if I have some feedback I could make it better.. Oh please, gimme feedback.

playing on my personal servers with the hotfixes haven't surfaced any bugs that ive personally come across then again, not many players have been joining.  The ping parameters are going to limit a lot of people from being able to play on servers they have potentially already established themselves but oh well its 100% necessary to boot players from servers that are affecting latency, i am very very happy you pushed that feature out

One question i do have is, How long does is take for the Master server to update the names of the servers?  I changed the name the day the update hit steam under  IWBUMS to advertise i was running the hotfix on my servers and to this day still has not updated itself in the server list to the public

The server 'announces' itself every half an hour. If you've changed its name, you'll need to restart it. Currently, if you've got players connected, that means logging on as an admin, and running the '/quit' command, else you can just kill it

i noticed the guns randomly stop working again since hotfix #2. on the IWBUMS version

they will simply not reload, whether they are mod guns or the in game guns.

not a good thing when clearing the mall and your weapons stop working

how are you testing hotfix #2 on IWBUMS?

It still shows my version as Build 27 #1, and I still have the bug with using traps making you walk away from them before interacting.

Output from update attempts:

Initial App state (0x4) installed
 App state (0x20104) validating, progress: 0.06 (785326 / 1227458226)
 App state (0x20104) validating, progress: 11.26 (138207909 / 1227458226)
 App state (0x20104) validating, progress: 41.44 (508606105 / 1227458226)
 App state (0x20104) validating, progress: 70.71 (867946591 / 1227458226)
 App state (0x20104) validating, progress: 93.49 (1147580412 / 1227458226)
Success! App '108600' already up to date.

If it has been released, I would very much like to test it out.

Also, I'm seeing about seven empty servers in the server list but mine doesn't show up even when players are on it. And yes, it is set to public. Is there some sort of trick to it?

Great update, I am enjoying it a lot! A couple minor things I noticed:

-Zombies breaking doors/ windows don't seem to set off alarms... came upon a house with a broken window, pried open another window and the alarm went off, even though a zombie had already smashed a window.

-Some of the food unhappiness/ boredom modifiers don't make sense.... why should eating delicious cooked bacon make you unhappy? Eating bacon always does the opposite for me in real life. Same with fruit/vegetables.... my character ate a fresh apple and became depressed because of it :P

Unhappiness and boredom caused increases as the food item ages, representing how it becomes more and more distasteful mind you.

Ahh, that makes a lot more sense. Nobody wants to eat old bacon

Nobody wants to but many will, specially in just desperate times.    :)

That gives me an idea... maybe put a name modifier for food that isnt fresh but not yet rotten? Instead of the progression: Fresh Apple - Apple - Rotten Apple, maybe do "Fresh Apple - Mushy Apple - Rotten Apple", or for bread do "Bread - Stale Bread - Moldy Bread". and for stuff that doesnt get mushy/ stale just use 'old; e.g, 'old bacon'

One thing I have found that can be annoying is when your building on a roof and you right click sometimes you pull up menu objects based on the floor directly below you.

It would be nice if right click ignored lower Z levels to allow easier/safer building on rooftops.

Easy to replicate just go to spiffos or knox bank and right click near the sides of the roofs and it will pop up if your in the right areas.

Things that pop up: Destroy wall/fixture/furniture/window, Break window, Climb through window, Barricade, Unbarricade...

For your information :

99% of the server owner have been lovely with the new public server list, though we added a way to ban some server from being public, just in case (we saw some "coop" server that allow you to join only if you're a friend, no stranger...).

So if your server is banned and you don't know why (don't abuse tho :D), ask Kirrus or I on PM :)

@wsensor : I wonder if sometimes you don't need to click on items that are above you... Will see if we really need this, if not I'll add a level test, so you can click the items only at your level ;)

I meant I was not trying to click items above me but sometimes when near edges of building roofs when there were furniture/windows below it would show information for the lower Z level.

It just made farming on certain rooftops near edges act strangely sometimes.

I meant I was not trying to click items above me but sometimes when near edges of building roofs when there were furniture/windows below it would show information for the lower Z level.

It just made farming on certain rooftops near edges act strangely sometimes.

File bugs about that :)

that was not the question. of course a sledgehammer can take the doors down, it can destroy every single thing in the game. zombies included.

okay, maybe not the water.

Are the mall doors indestructible like the mall windows?

no, the zombies can break the doors down if enough of them start headbanging on it.

is there any official statement for the sleeping system in mp already? i searched the forum but all i find are rumors from other players.... i ask for it, cause its causing problems with my playstyle in coop mode as farming gets useless without a solid system...

Yea, I'm kind of avoiding MP for now, because at night you can either go outside, which is really dangerous, or stay indoors, which is really boring. Maybe have a system where players get to their safe houses and give the 'all-clear' and when all players have done this it fast-forwards through the night? Because standing around staring at a dark room for a good portion of the game time doesn't make for a fun experience.

is there any official statement for the sleeping system in mp already? i searched the forum but all i find are rumors from other players.... i ask for it, cause its causing problems with my playstyle in coop mode as farming gets useless without a solid system...

The official statement is that there will be additional options implemented for sleeping system At Some Point In The Future About Which Thou Shalt Not Inquire About.

Just making sure I'm not missing something but I think I have two bugs to submit to the tracker, both in MP since build 27. It seems like I can't drink from a water bottle anymore and I can't seem to make soup anymore. Neither water bottles I've found or ones I've filled seem to work. As far as the soup, I've tried both starting with tuna to make one from scratch and using canned soup, neither seem to give me the option.

I didn't see these listed in the tracker and they seem obvious so I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something before I submit them.

You don't make a soup from tuna ! Erk, that's disgusting.. Or wait, is my French sense wrong again and some of you guys make soup of tuna ?

Yes, soup of tuna is real... that seems weird to me too... but well, google say "yes" so...