RELEASED: Build 27

RobertJohnson

Oh right, I could add a rain modificator to the blood.. Nice idea... :D

Eeesh. Since a lot of killing is going to be indoors (especially with zombies spawning inside buildings again) is that going to mean you'll be having the game detect if the blood is inside / under a roof too? If that's the case (and it probably should be) I can't say I envy you trying to get that to work. Though now that brings to mind combining Bleach + Bucket + [Cloth Item] to clear away gore from the inside of buildings or outer walls. Oh, to no longer need to lure zombies out of a house I want to live in before bashing their brains in. A (safe) house just isn't a home with grey matter on the carpet.

Loving the world fillers, by the way. It's so much easier to tell if I've looted a place or not and reduces the amount of accidental backtracking we've all fallen victim to at one point or another. That and the corpse moving. The nice pile of 20+ zed heads on my front lawn is going to look splendid once I find some gasoline and set it ablaze.

Oh right, I could add a rain modificator to the blood.. Nice idea... :D

Eeesh. Since a lot of killing is going to be indoors (especially with zombies spawning inside buildings again) is that going to mean you'll be having the game detect if the blood is inside / under a roof too? If that's the case (and it probably should be) I can't say I envy you trying to get that to work. Though now that brings to mind combining Bleach + Bucket + [Cloth Item] to clear away gore from the inside of buildings or outer walls. Oh, to no longer need to lure zombies out of a house I want to live in before bashing their brains in. A (safe) house just isn't a home with grey matter on the carpet.

Loving the world fillers, by the way. It's so much easier to tell if I've looted a place or not and reduces the amount of accidental backtracking we've all fallen victim to at one point or another. That and the corpse moving. The nice pile of 20+ zed heads on my front lawn is going to look splendid once I find some gasoline and set it ablaze.

Devs have said they will add it later and you can pickup corpses so thats a plus and that means it should be implemented though the devs appreciate your suggestions also remember this isn't a suggestion thread :) it's here to talk about the stuff in this update.

Devs have said they will add it later and you can pickup corpses so thats a plus and that means it should be implemented though the devs appreciate your suggestions also remember this isn't a suggestion thread :) it's here to talk about the stuff in this update.

It was less a suggestion and more a natural progression of my thought process. Naturally disappearing blood -> Accelerated breakdown in the rain -> man-made accelerated breakdown. In my defense, I tried to not leave on such a note considering the nature of the overall discussion of the current features; I did not dwell on my musings but instead praised the new implementations in the latter half of my post and expounded on how I was putting them to use, something well within the stated boundaries of the original post.

Oh, Devs. The adding of Trapping is just fantastic, it's going to make getting through winter so much easier. Thanks.

It was less a suggestion and more a natural progression of my thought process. Naturally disappearing blood -> Accelerated breakdown in the rain -> man-made accelerated breakdown. In my defense, I tried to not leave on such a note considering the nature of the overall discussion of the current features; I did not dwell on my musings but instead praised the new implementations in the latter half of my post and expounded on how I was putting them to use, something well within the stated boundaries of the original post.

Oh, Devs. The adding of Trapping is just fantastic, it's going to make getting through winter so much easier. Thanks.

Yea i apologize just that people really made the mods angry when they were asking about ideas and stuff that should be implemented and they locked the thread :(

The public server lists is really nice. Makes it so much easier to find people to play with, a very attractive feature for multiplayer games. I would like a way to cancel a current connection to a server. Right now there is now way to stop it. I can try connecting to a saved server and a public server at the same time which is confusing.

So when will the next patch be ou- AAaaaaaaaaaahhhhh- Gotcha'!  :excl:

I think the Mall is great! I'd like to have seen it have a hardware store of some kind, similar to the one in West Point. Maybe there is and I'm just blind.

Also, I hope I'm a bit luckier on my next playthrough.

Both in my single player game and my private MP game with my friends, the power has gone out before reaching the mall. So I've yet to see it all lit up.

As for the corpse moving, you have no idea how much that's improved our chances at finding a base we like.

Half the time when I play with friends we pass up good locations for a base because it's littered with corpses and it puts our OCD noses out of joint. :D

Looking forward to the hotfixes! Keep up the great work everyone.

The public server lists is really nice. Makes it so much easier to find people to play with, a very attractive feature for multiplayer games. I would like a way to cancel a current connection to a server. Right now there is now way to stop it. I can try connecting to a saved server and a public server at the same time which is confusing.

That sounds like a bug. File it in the tracker please! :)

So when will the next patch be ou- AAaaaaaaaaaahhhhh- Gotcha'!  :excl:

*glares*

I sort of want to build a lego brick wall fence.

Hmm I might be able to build several here at home... 2blockswide and about 10inches high lol...

I have way too many from when I was younger garage sales and fleemarkets were so much fun to get legos cheap.

Slight update too :

[NEW STUFF]

• Added a check box for the Survival Guide "show on startup" default is true.
  • Added a new .bat : ProjectZomboid64 - Launcher, if you can try it (specifically on Linux/Mac) and tell me if everything's good, that would be AWESOME !

[bALANCE]

• Slight up of the spawn rate of the trowel.

ProjectZomboid64 working for me on Debian Jessie 64. I don't need Steam or 32 bit libs to play no more! Yay!

I'm in the mall. I went to the toystore and took lego bricks. I placed them on the floor everywhere in the mall.

I'm one evil bastard.

I hear Zombies are scared of Lego.

You sure showed them.

Stepping on Legos is worse than the zombie apocalypse.

You sick person, don't you know how many survivors could DIE from those?

You should feel bad!

I'm in the mall. I went to the toystore and took lego bricks. I placed them on the floor everywhere in the mall.

I'm one evil bastard.

I hear Zombies are scared of Lego.

You sure showed them.

Stepping on Legos is worse than the zombie apocalypse.

You sick person, don't you know how many survivors could DIE from those?

You should feel bad!

According to latest scientific research, only 0.001% would die from stepping on it.

hi iv asked this before but my server has disappeared from public list and it has players in game but dose not come back on to list so how do i get it back on without resting every day or do i have to leave my admin in game 24/7 as when i go to bed its gone in the morning and logging in does not put it back on list it very frustrating because i was a popular server and now i can not get players in game after my week of hell with the the phone company 

i see there was a steam update mabe this was the problem if i could have conformation it would ease my stress as i have had a week of hell after running a server for 2 months with no problems iv suddenly running in to complication after complication

since update every server i try to connect to says lua files dont mach and i think my clients are getting this when they join mine as they all drop off connection are the lua file checking for bedford or dreadwood now this is the only thing i can think is stopping players joining?

after uninstalling bedford and dreadwood and a new install of game i still cant connect to any server as cheksome gives me lua fail 

iv disabled checksome as its only why players can get on my server after update my best guess is the seversettings lua file is not sinking up again

• Fixed some bugs in zombies respawn, but please note this system may bug on previous saved game (specially from build 26).
This might seem like a dumb question but does this also include MP zombies will be respawning?

PLEASE players and especially devs... could someone upload a version before the hotfix of yesterday? none of the server ive been playing on has updated... so im all alone and cant play... im sad and lost! please help me!!! i love you all, and ive forgotten to say: "Damn great work developers!!! everyone whos involved in the dev. thank YOU!!!  :mrgreen:

im a number one supporter! 

and yes, i understand, because of piracy ther wont be a public "pre hotfix build" to download, but i believe in the goodness of you... pm me for link,. answer me here or add me in steam..... (just lemme admit my CD key!! i want to play so much RIGHT NOW... sorry im impatient!) 

I hope the new office means even more awesome updates than weve expierenced!

and again: awesome work all of you!! i love YOU!!! :D

since yesterday im gettin the message like this:

"your lua files arent the same as the server, game will close now! sorry...."

and ive seen in the last steam update (damn automatic Update :(  ... please give me old version ^^) from yesterday like 16:something o clock ( max: 1 MB, more like 6... something Kb) hotfix 2? isnt it hotfix2???? when has this been rlsd?

and no: im not using mods, cheats or specific maps... straight vanilla style!

shall i try a reinstall?! strange...

€: i see im wrong, hotfix 2 doesnt seem to be released yet... but what was it yesterday with it 600 kb? 

help a desperate farmer ;-)

i need to feed the poor, you dont want to take responsibility  :D

edit the 2nd: ive deleted Pz by steam and reinstalled and now it works... strange man :( sorry for the disagreedisableness

could reinstall work?

btw.: the hotfix with available ping ?

I'd say the safe bet is deleting the contents of %username%\zomboid and manually deleting the game files in Steam\SteamApps\Common\ProjectZomboid, just to be sure.

That way you'll start with a blank slate.

Didn't think to look for the ping, though. Will give it look / ask Romain if anything has been put out.

What servers are you trying to connect to, Shawn? I managed to find a few that aren't compatible, actually.