RELEASED: Build 27

RobertJohnson

Love the update and love the game overall (like i always did since the very begining)

I have a problem (not sure if that's my dumbness) – I could not find out how to drag the corpses, can somebody give me an advice? Thanks! 

Offtopic

If you guys did not notice, take a look on these ;)

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/8643-bob-kate-%E2%80%93-till-the-end-fan-fiction-comics/

It's a comics iam now continuing to work on, starring the PZ's main singleplayer characters: Bob - the Baldspot, and his charming wife, Katie...

Love the update and love the game overall (like i always did since the very begining)

I have a problem (not sure if that's my dumbness) – I could not find out how to drag the corpses, can somebody give me an advice? Thanks! 

Offtopic

If you guys did not notice, take a look on these ;)

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/8643-bob-kate-%E2%80%93-till-the-end-fan-fiction-comics/

It's a comics iam now continuing to work on, starring the PZ's main singleplayer characters: Bob - the Baldspot, and his charming wife, Katie...

Right click body and put in inventory. It will unequip your secondary.

my server keeps disappearing of the server list and i have to turn it off on to get back onto list but i have bedford installed and server don't start up again on reboot i i have to reset every few hours  please help 

ok i see now that it dose not update the server list when i turn server on till i log into it and it re-lists when someone joins :)

Upcoming Hotfix #2

Don't ask ETA or zombies will eat your brain tonight !

[bUGFIX]

• Fixed #00586 (You can now walk between theatre chairs and climb them)
  • Fixed #00547
  • Fixed #00569
  • Fixed #00575
  • Fixed #00178
  • Fixed #00560
  • Fixed some bugs in zombies respawn, but please note this system may bug on previous saved game (specially from build 26).
  • Fixed some bugs in the item distributions.
  • Fixed Jewelry store world filler not working.
  • [MP] Fixed bait not being removed when catching an animal with a trap.
  • Fixed some weird "walking to" issue with trapping (#00579).
  • Fixed some painting walls issues.
  • Fixed some right click on farming plot issues.
  • [MP] Fixed crafted lamppost sync issues.

[NEW STUFF]

• [MP] Admin now see their names on top of their heads (so they know they're admin.. :P)
  • [MP] Admin now see player's username even if the DisplayUserName server option is false.
  • [MP] Added a Ping system :
    • A server option "PingFrequency" (in second, default 10), use it to define how much ping per second a client will do.
    • A server option "PingLimit" (in ms, default 300), use it to define when a player will be disconnected if his ping is too high (not instant, he'll need to be higher than the limit for 5 ping)
    • You can now see your ping (in ms) in top left corner, with color display : Green for ping < 150ms, orange for ping < 300ms and red for ping > 300ms
  • Was already there in build 27 but forgot to say it : Blood and corpse now decay after some time (only in SP for now).
  • Added tooltip over "Join Server" and "Quick Join" button when they're not available to explain why.
  • Allow choosing a spawn region when starting a new character from an existing savegame.

[bALANCE]

• Reduced the numbers of zombies in the Mall, plus I tweaked the system a bit to be more realistic (no more 30 zombies spawning on top of the stairs, etc.).
  • Changed a bit the PublicServerList UI to be more user friendly.

Moar are coming ;)

Zombies already ate my brain before I could even ask.

Great news, but I have a question left: will the corpse and blood stain decay time be tweakable (not only in SP but also when it gets added to MP in the future)?

Zombies already ate my brain before I could even ask.

Great news, but I have a question left: will the corpse and blood stain decay time be tweakable (not only in SP but also when it gets added to MP in the future)?

Yep, it may be done for MP for this Hotfix, I don't know yet :)

Crafted lamppost sync issues! Many thanks for this one, servers with long nights won't be spent in total darkness for half the group! Also good to hear about corpse/blood decay, will help with lag when it gets put into MP.

I hate the mall, seriously. Used my West Point save from build 26 and went on to look for the mall. When I finally find it, I walk in the employee area or whatever and I find 50 of them. I get killed.

What kind of a mall has that many zombies in a little room?

In the original Romero lore, zombies tend to flock to places they knew in life, that is why the mall had so many zombies, they werent trapped there or made there, they migrated to it because of familiarity and malfunctioning nervous systems. Could be very much the same thing in this case.

I hate the mall, seriously. Used my West Point save from build 26 and went on to look for the mall. When I finally find it, I walk in the employee area or whatever and I find 50 of them. I get killed.

Hate is a very strong word

So is love and I love the mall <3

I still appreciate the effort Mash took to make it. It looks beautiful. It's just the damn zombies ruining it. :D

In "Zombie Survival Guide" written by ever so lovely Max Brooks the last places you'd want to go in a zombie apocalypse are: a Mall, Police station, Gun store and "Out of town".

If the place comes to your mind as a first place to go, it will come first to mind to atleast another 70% of a population where you live at, so when you arrive the inevitable massacre and onslaught by zombies will happen. I really like that you have billions of zombies inside and around the mall, the mall can be considered a "end-game" scenario :)

In "Zombie Survival Guide" written by ever so lovely Max Brooks the last places you'd want to go in a zombie apocalypse are: a Mall, Police station, Gun store and "Out of town".

If the place comes to your mind as a first place to go, it will come first to mind to atleast another 70% of a population where you live at, so when you arrive the inevitable massacre and onslaught by zombies will happen. I really like that you have billions of zombies inside and around the mall, the mall can be considered a "end-game" scenario :)

I wanted to clear out the mall and live in it. I've had many boxes of ammo, weaponry, tools and all the equipment I needed to secure the place and make it a home.

I was playing this earlier today and I LOVED how the Zombies spawn inside again like from 1.5d. Brought me back to the good ol' days where I'd search the house for a few minutes right before looting and always having the piss scared out of me when I found one creeping behind a door or something.